Save the Children Android app provides users with up to the minute information on the world's leading independent organisation for children. Save the Children works in almost 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Our vision is that no child under the age of five dies from preventable causes, and that public attitudes will not tolerate a return to high levels of child deaths. We make sure that children affected by emergencies, disasters and armed conflict get life-saving medical aid, shelter, food and water – fast.
The app features:
* Front page: - Campaigns: Information and videos on campaigning, advocacy, reports and mobilisation activities from Save the Children. - Humanitarian: Video appeals, photos and stories on all current Save the Children humanitarian activities. - News: The latest press releases and stories produced by Save the Children. The app will initiate 'pop up' alerts when new press releases and reports are uploaded so users know to return to the app for more information.
* Stories: Highlighting Save the Children’s causes through: - Case studies from member and country programs. - Blogs from CEOs and field staff around the world. - Videos and slideshows of Save the Children’s global campaign. Users can click on a headline to get the full text for a blog or case study. Users can also share stories on their own social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter.
* Video and Photos: This page will contain a complete selection of video case studies, appeals and sound bites from Save the Children spokespeople the campaign and humanitarian teams.
* Map: This interactive map will allow users to tap on a country which will then link them directly to that Save the Children member official website. The user will be taken directly to the country specific site, and be able to read information about Save the Children in that country’s native language.
* More: - Our Story: The user will have the opportunity to read more about Save the Children’s history, mission, structure and work in the field. - What We Do: Users can learn more about the Humanitarian team’s work and the Campaign to end preventable deaths of children by 2015. - Donate: This button directs the user to a Save the Children page with a 'drop down menu' where they can select the SC member to donate to. - Contacts: Global media contacts and key contacts in member countries and regions.
Nice work!! Saludos desde Nicaragua The app is very nice and friendly! It's take a few minutes to show information the first time. The main nav buttons are a little bit laggy, but inside the media news feed and media it runs very fast.