To access the Baobab app, you must first accept your email invitation and setup your account through the Scholars Baobab website. After you have created your account, you will be able to access the full Baobab experience through the app. If you need assistance with your email invitation, creating your account or with your password, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baobab is an online social learning platform developed by Arizona State University and the Mastercard Foundation to specifically serve recipients of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Baobab provides a digital place for Scholars to find support, network, collaborate, learn and develop professional skills.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars can benefit from Baobab now by:
• Developing professional skills to increase employability
• Meeting collaborators for projects
• Finding job, internship and scholarship opportunities
• Receiving advice from those who have shared similar experiences
• Learning life skills not typically offered in the classroom
Mastercard Foundation Scholars will benefit from Baobab in the future by:
• Connecting with hiring managers and leaders in Africa to find jobs and create change
• Networking with colleagues who share a similar passion for positive change
• Developing lifelong connections with those who have shared the Scholar journey
Baobab includes functionality such as:
• Feed: The feed provides a space for Scholars to stay up-to-date with the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Community. Scholars can ask questions, tell stories, find opportunities and share their learnings on the feed.
• Skill Development Lessons: Baobab curates skill-based lesson content on a continuous basis to help Scholars develop in a variety of areas.
• Learning Tools: Learning Tools help Scholars discover various open education resources across a variety of fields.
• Ask Me Anything Sessions: Scholars ask questions during weekly sessions with diverse career professionals.