Baobab is a social, professional and learning community developed by Arizona State University and the Mastercard Foundation specifically for young African leaders and the larger network of Mastercard Foundation program participants and alumni.
Baobab helps you:
• Access resources and opportunities to help you reach your goals and achieve impact across Africa.
• Expand your network.
• Collaborate with like-minded peers and mentors.
• Share back knowledge.
Baobab platform includes:
• Networking: Baobab provides a space for community members to ask questions, tell stories, find opportunities, collaborate with other participants, share their learnings and stay up to date with Mastercard Foundation programming.
• Opportunities: The Baobab community, Baobab partners, Mastercard Foundation and the Baobab team regularly post job, internship, scholarship, fellowship and funding opportunities on the opportunities board. It is a place for members to find and apply to opportunities and share them with their broader communities.
• Mentorship: Baobab hosts regular Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions where alumni, industry experts, people from the Mastercard Foundation and others answer questions that are top of mind for African youth. Young African students, professionals and future leaders can also access mentors by applying to our mentorship program with Global Give Back Circle or participating in other specialized mentorship programming.
• Learning: The Baobab platform brings together professional development courses in leadership, entrepreneurship, hard and soft skills for the workforce, personal wellbeing and more. Community members learn from each other through digital networking events hosted via Zoom or Baobab Chat through webinars or joining topic-specific chat groups.
After you have created your account, you will be able to access the full Baobab experience through the app. If you need assistance with creating your account or with your password, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.