Not fully functional without root Nice idea, maybe, but you can't get an ad hoc WiFi mesh network unless you have root access, and this app requires extensive permissions to work.
Can't do ad hoc mesh connections without Root, not going to risk rooting and bricking my phone.
Great app for simple communication services The app has changed a lot and really impressed me with how well it functions in offline mode as a private phone network. I'mo sure that more improvements will happen.
Brilliant! As a ham radio operator running a mesh node on the ham band plan I really appreciate this app. The potential is boundless. No license required for this particular mesh network. Donate please and Dev's please keep up the outstanding work!
Excellent idea This is a great idea, and my phone is rooted so it works. Problem is finding others that are willing or able to root their phones. Wish creating an adhoc network didn't require this. Using a wifi router works, but using hotspot network sorta does although sometimes one caller can't hear the other.
Brilliant Concept If this app did not require the device to be rooted the number of nodes could increase greatly.
* MeshMS text messages display delivery notifications and timestamps, and only stored encrypted, but are not backwards compatible
* Vastly simplified the connection screen
* Added phone dialler for tablet users
* Our routing protocol has been improved
* The Peer List is more responsive to changing network conditions
* Reduced power consumption in a number of use cases
For a complete list of changes, see https://github.com/servalproject/batphone/blob/master/CURRENT-RELEASE.md
Texting from your PC/Mac, using your Android phone #
TextSecure makes privacy simple. Send text, photos, and group messages for free!