Promethean ActivEngage sets the standard in assessment software for tablets, smartphones and traditional computers, and is a foundational component of a fully integrated education solution that seamlessly connects assessment to instruction.
Considering a tablet initiative for your classroom, school or district? Promethean ActivEngage is an ideal solution to help increase student engagement, facilitate collaborative and personalized learning, and improve student outcomes.
WHY PROMETHEAN ACTIVENGAGE
Seamlessly connect assessment to instruction. As part of a family of education solutions, Promethean ActivEngage provides the foundation to transform how teachers teach and how learners learn.
• Flexible — Seamlessly integrates with any ActivClassroom product. Works with any brand of interactive whiteboard (IWB) or projector. Also works with WITHOUT an IWB or projector!
• Immediate Feedback — Enables teachers to gain insight into student understanding in real-time
• Wide range of response types — Multiple Choice, True/False, Yes/No, Text, Likert Scales, Sort-in-Order, Numeric and Self-Paced Learning
• Portable — IP Network-based registration enables voting within a single classroom or across an entire school
• Familiar – Gives students the option of using the same tools inside the classroom that keep them connected outside the classroom
• Cost effective —Leverages previous investments in technology and 1:1 initiatives, and works simultaneously with tablets, smartphones and traditional computers
Tablets and smartphones. Desktop/Laptop software also available from Promethean Website below.
User Input - Users can respond using device input or with any supported input accessory (keyboard, etc.)
Network – Runs on a standard TCP/IP network. Wi-Fi access required for mobile devices. 3G, 4G and GPRS are not supported.
Language(s) –English (UK/US), Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (European), Russian, Spanish and Swedish
Promethean ActivEngage requires ActivInspire or Promethean ActivOffice, as well as the ActivEngage Server. All of these may be downloaded from Promethean Planet (http://www.prometheanplanet.com).
Considering a tablet initiative for your classroom, school or district? Promethean ActivEngage2 is an ideal solution to help increase student engagement, facilitate collaborative and personalized learning, and improve student outcomes.
WHY PROMETHEAN ACTIVENGAGE2
Seamlessly connect assessment to instruction. As part of a family of education solutions, Promethean ActivEngage2 provides the foundation to transform how teachers teach and how learners learn.
Encourages Communication and Collaboration
Encourages students to engage, interact and contribute to lessons, creating collaborative discussions and lively debate.
Leverages previous investments in technology by transforming any supported mobile device or computer into a Learner Response System.
Reduces time spent on administrative tasks, allowing more time for student instruction. Reduces or eliminates the need to grade and record paper-based assessments.
Enables Personalized Learning
With real-time feedback, instructors can track individuals’ progress and develop customized learning plans tailored for each learner.
Centrally Controlled and Scalable
Delivers virtual voting capability within a single classroom, across an entire campus, and beyond. Promethean ActivEngage2 may be managed at a classroom level or centrally on a networked server.
Connects Assessment to Instruction
Supports true formative assessment by enabling teachers to continuously gauge classroom comprehension and adjust instruction throughout the lesson to ensure understanding of key concepts
Supports a Wide Range of Response Types
Multiple Choice, True/False, Yes/No, Sort in Order, Likert Scales, Numeric and Text Entry. The Self-Paced Learning feature also allows teachers to assign questions of varying difficulty and gives students the opportunity to answer at their own pace, with the questions and answers visible in the same client interface.
User Input - Users can respond using touch input or with any supported input accessory (keyboard, etc.)
Network – Runs on a standard TCP/IP network. Wi-Fi access required for mobile devices.
Promethean ActivEngage2 requires the new ActivEngage2 Server as well as ActivInspire v1.7a or higher and ActivDriver 5.9.16 or higher. Promethean ActivEngage2 is not compatible with previous versions of ActivEngage Server (20.x) or ActivEngage Clients (1.x). However, both versions can coexist side-by-side on a deployment.
As a self-learner you have access to over 1,000 public online courses in almost any topic from a wide range of course providers that can help you build a strong portfolio of qualifications which you can share with others. Your online portfolio captures everything you achieve and earn on Schoox like badges, certifications and recommendation letters and displays also charts that show your knowledge profile and your learning activity.
As a member of a corporate Academy you can attend online your corporate courses, share content and knowledge and collaborate with your colleagues.
Download the Schoox app that is the official companion to the schoox.com site and get access to a large number of free public online courses. Start studying on the go and build your online portfolio of qualifications that you can share with others and use to get easier a job.
As a member of a corporate Academy on Schoox you will also have access to your corporate classes and your entire corporate training in your pocket!
ClassFlow - the “all-in-one” teaching tool for creating & orchestrating interactive multi-media lessons across a connected learning environment. ClassFlow has received 2014 commendations from prestigious organizations such as SIIA and The ComputED Gazette.
Open a free account on www.ClassFlow.com and use the ClassFlow suite of mobile apps to enhance your classroom interaction, personalization & collaboration.
ClassFlow Teacher Remote app (for iPhone, iPod Touch & Android-powered phones) (Free)
ClassFlow Teacher app (for iPads & Android-powered tablets) ($7.99)
ClassFlow Student app (for iPads, Windows & Android-powered tablets) (Free)
How to get started?
Teachers can register for a free ClassFlow account and begin lesson creation & planning at www.ClassFlow.com, without the need to download any apps. ClassFlow can be used with any computer, any operating system and most leading brands of classroom displays (interactive whiteboards, projectors, etc.) & connected devices. To drive interactive lessons from anywhere in the classroom, any mobile device or tablet can be used with the ClassFlow Teacher app. To share content between teacher and student devices, there should be at least one connected student device with the ClassFlow Student app downloaded. All devices need an Internet connection.
Bring your classroom devices to life
—Deliver interactive multi-media lessons throughout your connected classroom.
Gain real-time insight and feedback
— Receive real-time insight into student learning and progress through rich interactive & differentiated formative assessment.
Differentiate instruction & assessment
—Customize multi-media lesson content based on individual learning style & conduct self-paced, leveled assignments.
Use one single platform for creating & storing your interactive multi-media lessons
—Search & import existing content such as SMART Notebook files, PDFs, Microsoft Word & PowerPoint™ docs, Promethean ActivInspire flipcharts, and video files from multiple sources - Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, external & local drives, and the web.
Note: Access ClassFlow using your Microsoft Office 365, Facebook, or Google log-in credentials.
Features of ClassFlow Teacher Remote App (for iPhone, iPod Touch & Android-powered phones)
• Navigate your lesson while displaying it on your classroom display, from anywhere in the classroom.
• Take a picture; share it immediately on your classroom display to start a collaborative discussion.
• Control a live polling session, including a pause for teachable moments.
Additional features on the ClassFlow Teacher App (for iPads & Windows & Android-powered tablets)
• Get access to the Teacher Remote app capabilities.
• Interact with and annotate lesson content from anywhere in the classroom.
• Share interactive content with students on their learning devices.
• Send differentiated content to student learning groups.
• Assess with a range of question types- text, multiple choice, creative response, equation, math, true/false, sort & order, etc.
• View real-time progress on your live assessment screen.
• Allow students to demonstrate learning in a wide variety of ways, including open-ended activities, such as graphs, diagrams, photographs, and extended written responses.
• Access your lesson notes while navigating the lesson.
With the ClassFlow Student App (for iPads, Windows & Android-powered tablets)
• Students can join a ClassFlow lesson with any connected device through Android, iOS, or Windows 8 apps or from a web browser.
• Students can receive lesson content from the teacher, customized to their learning styles.
• Learners can creatively respond and contribute to the lesson by drawing, writing, annotating, etc.
• Students can participate in real-time polls, quizzes, surveys, and self-paced tests.
Sidra permite realizar preguntas colectivas a una audiencia y recoger las respuestas individuales emitidas mediante los dispositivos móviles.
El profesor puede realizar una serie de preguntas a sus alumnos y a continuación mostrar los resultados en forma de histograma, diagrama de barras u otro tipo de gráfico.
El sistema es totalmente gratuito y podrá ser asesorado por expertos en la materia.
Fundamentalmente los beneficios contrastados de la utilización de este sistema son:
- Fomentar la Participación
- Incrementar el Nivel de Atención
- Potenciar el aprendizaje
- Facilitar información al instructor o ponente
Juan José López Jiménez y José Luis Fernández Alemán
Grupo de Investigación de Ingeniería del Software
Facultad de Informática
Universidad de Murcia