View your GPS altitude or map elevation on stunning landscapes that adjust according to your local time of day.
A simple and uncluttered interface to read:
• View altitude/elevation in feet or meters
• Built-in flashlight
• Share your altitude/elevation via e-mail or Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and many more
Note: Accuracy is subject to device, location, and signal strength.
Keywords: latitude, accuracy, feet, longitude, hiking, position, meters, trail, location, ft, current, foot, flashlight, m, geocache, geocaching, location, altitude, height, distance
Receive Android phone using GPS location to display the altitude.
When hiking, when traveling, your use.
I wonder altitude in the mountains, or you are wondering when the height of the terrain to use this application.
Current altitude, maximum altitude, minimum altitude is displayed.
The altimeter is 'm', 'ft', 'yd' units can be displayed.
Depending on the altitude display tick marks on the scale of 10, 100 scale, 1000 scale, you can adjust the magnification of 10,000.
The altitude shown is TRUE altitude, therefore little differences with the barometric altitude may be observed.
***** Features *****
- GPS true altitude
- Feet scale
- Meters scale
- Smooth and realistic operation
***** Instructions *****
When the app is started it shows 0 ft. Enable your device GPS. As soon as the GPS altitude is fixed it will be shown
in the altimeter. Click on the screen for toogling between feet and meters.
It also shows current, average and maximun speed, distance, time, direction of movement, physical address where you are, maximum and minimum height of your route and you can save them to see them whenever you want.
You can view your routes in Map, post them on your Facebook profile, and share them with everybody through instant messaging clients and email.
It is ideal for running, cycling, walking, hiking, skiing, go to the mountain, recording car journeys and workouts.
You can view graphs of the height and speed of all your journeys as well as partial statistics for each mile or kilometer: average speed, time, and elevation gained or lost.
It is easily configurable, and you can choose the units you want to display information: Km / h, MPH, meters, feet.
To work properly, you must be outdoor in order to receive GPS signal.
Altitude also has a compass to help you orient yourself anytime.
Easily measure and shows the altitude and latitude direction
You can find your direction
Useful in leisure sports Such as biking, running, climbing, fishing, paragliding, military operation
GPS sends Altitude, Latitude to you.
Please turn on GPS in your mobile phone for ACCURATE measuring
★ Based on Google map
Keywords: altitude, compass, GPS, Hiking, Trekking, bike, BTT, Altimeter
- Using GPS satellites triangulation. Slow and not accurate but it works even with no internet connection
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
You can also calibrate the sensor to eliminate systematic error.
The App uses GPS and an air pressure sensor for smartphones.
Turn on the GPS settings are available. (GPS -ON)
The accuracy of the GPS signal strength measurements, it may be changed according to the performance of the smart phone.
Enhanced readability, a simple design with 7-segment digit.
Leisure sports, hiking, outdoor activities, etc.
Altimeter PRO allows you to get the altitude of your current location calculated by GPS. The altitude shown in meters and feet. Include Compass.
In addition, it shows your current GPS position by latitude and longitude coordinates, the accuracy of the signal and the GPS satellite time.
Very useful to know how high you are in the mountains or in your own town, calculates the cumulative drop your sport routes.
It is imperative to have the GPS enabled on your device.
This tool only needs to operate the GPS receiver, but for a more accurate measurement and recommended to activate a data connection to the internet.
Other features include:
- Display the coordinates of your location, both in Degrees Minutes Decimal and Decimal Degrees in both
- Possibility to send the coordinates using WhatsApp, SMS or E-Mail
- Displaying the time of 'sunrise and sunset
- Set the type of measurement Meters, or Feet Yard
- Compass pointing north with the red end of the Needle
When the altitude below it says "GPS detection" means that the altitude was detected by GPS and the margin of error is approximately + / - 50, and if it says "Detecting Network" means that the 'altitude was detected by GPS and the internet and the margin of error is almost zero.
It is usefull for outdoors activities like air sports, hiking, ski tour and so on.
- The application is designed to work in backcountry or remote places where no connexion is available.
- Most functionalities require a pressure sensor (barometer sensor) but the application can be used in GPS mode which can be usefull in certain cases or as a backup option.
Altimeter Pro is the evolution of Altimeter (which records more than 100.000 downloads) here are the main functionalities :
- Analogic Altimeter with 3 hands (hundreds, thousands, ten of thousands).
- Adjustable pressure window (*).
- Smart use of resources for better energy saving.
- 2 altitude providers : pressure sensor(*) or GPS chip (not network GPS).
- Robust barometric algorithm.
- Advanced GPS with geoid adjust.
- Feet or Meter for altitude unit.
- inHg or hPa for pressure unit.
- nm or km for distance unit.
- Calibration function(*) with reset feature.
- Calibration function(*) with altitude.
- Calibration function(*) with QNH pressure (relative to sea level).
- Calibration function(*)(**) from nearest weather station (more than 9000 airports).
- Sensor offset adjustement(*).
- Android 4.x compliance.
- HD Graphics.
- Available in English, French, Spanish.
- Speach synthesis of altitude on touch.
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device : Goolge Samsung Nexus, Google LG Nexus 4, Google LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 Advance, Motorola Moto X, Google Nexus 10, LG G3...
By default the program will attempt to start with the pressure sensor. However a message is displayed if the pressure sensor is not found. It then switchs to the GPS provider (true GPS not the network GPS).
Please remind : the GPS provider is not as accurate as the Barometric sensor especially if used in high density urban area. However on clear area with good sky visibility the accuracy is very good.
Please note also that the program doesn't use Internet to get the altitude. For that reason the GPS location won't run indoor !
The pressure sensor is very accurate : with a resolution of 0.1hPa and after calibration, accuracy is about 1m. This is awesome ! I was able to test Altimeter Pro on severals device up to 4000m !
If the atmospheric pressure falls or rises the value won't be anymore the true one. It is therefore important for a barometric altimeter to be frequently "calibrated" with a new reference.
Altimeter Pro provides 3 calibrations function (*) :
By providing a reference altitude : just enter the current altitude (as with a hiking altimeter). The altimeter is then automatically corrected.
By providing a QNH pressure (pressure relative to sea level) : this allows the altimeter to be calibrated on ground or during the fly. You have to provide the QNH pressure obtained from air traffic regulation or from a ground weather station.
Automaticaly : Finally you can automaticaly calibrate from a ground weather station(*)(**). The application will choose the nearest weather station from you location. For this last method an Internet connexion is requiered.
Keywords: analog altimeter, barometric altimeter, QNH pressure, altitude, pilot tool, aviation goodies.
For Pilotes who wants to be informed on weather information on their prefered airport.
Designed for Moto 360, Sony Smartwatch 3, Samsung Gear Live.
This watch is not only beautifull, it also features high performance rendering
and was designed to achieve high energy efficiency for a full action day.
- Awesome Designed Watch Face,
- Hours, Minutes,
- Smooth Second Hand,
- Day of the month,
- Battery Gauge,
- Weather (Airport observed QNH Pressure)
- Notification / Vibrator.
- Animated Dials,
- Energy saver Dim mode,
- Energy saver in Interactive mode when low on energy.