Good but issues moving between wifi/3g On Android >= 5.0.1 there is a problem when moving between wifi and mobile networks, forcing you to restart the connection manually. I see there is an issue #865 registered in their bug tracker so guess it will be fixed soon.
Decent - but sometimes silently locks up Easy client side config and works great, but occasionally it'll lock up without warning, effectively killing your network connection. Opening the app to turn off the tunnel in those cases results in the phone freezing, requiring a reboot.
MOBIKE support on android This supports IKEv2 key exchange allowing MOBIKE (reacquiring VPN in the background when lost) which simplifies mobile VPN life. Simple enough to use and the log file reader helps tons for troubleshooting initial setup.
Update: Fixed this by deleting the cert from the phone and re-adding it. After updating my nexus 6 to android 6.0 the VPN can no longer can load the private key.
AES-GCM not working The app works great. Just 2 questions: 1. Is the app 64 bit optimised? 2. AES-GCM is not working when I have a forced proposal in esp. There is no way to enter proposal manually in the app.
Solid VPN Application Definitely simplifies initial setup with fantastic logging. For me, provides little benefit compared to built-in Android VPN, but that doesn't chance the fact that it has the ability to do so, and is a very well-made app.
# 1.5.0 #
- Fixes roaming between networks on Android 5 and newer
- New advanced profile settings: MTU, server port, disable split tunneling
- EAP-TNC does not require a client certificate anymore
- Fixes a linker issue on Android M
# 1.4.6 #
- Fixes an information leak vulnerability (refer to our blog for details).
# 1.4.5 #
- Based on strongSwan 5.2.1, which adds e.g. improved MOBIKE handling and support for IKEv2 fragmentation
- Adds basic support for EAP-TLS
- Enables PFS for IPsec SAs
HTTPS/UDP/FTP/DNS/ECHO tunneling, anonymization and anti-censorship solution