Powered by Wiki Journal Club, Journal Club for Android focuses on the top articles in internal medicine and puts landmark trials at your fingertips. Written by physicians, these article summaries are distilled into bite-size morsels that clinicians can digest quickly. Think of it as CliffsNotes for medical research.
-Simple, intuitive interface
-Concise bottom lines
-Relevant major points
-Links to PubMed and primary literature
-Sort trials by name, date, specialty, and disease
-Share summaries with colleagues
Article summaries contain:
First responders in general, and HAZMAT units in particular, must make many decisions quickly in handling hazardous-materials incidents. They need accurate information about the hazardous substances, the emergency resources available, and the surrounding environmental conditions to save lives and minimize the impact on the environment and physical property. The WISER application extracts content from TOXNET's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), an authoritative, peer-reviewed information resource maintained by the National Library of Medicine, and places that information into the hands of those who need it most.
Features of WISER
* Rapid access to the most important information about a hazardous substance by an intelligent synopsis engine and display called “Key Info”
* Intuitive, simple, logical user interface developed by working with experienced first responders
* Comprehensive decision support, including guidance on immediate actions necessary to save lives and protect the environment
* Access to NLM’s Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), which contains detailed peer-reviewed information on hazardous substances
* User Profiles enable users to specify the role they are currently playing at the scene of an incident: first responder, HAZMAT specialist, EMS specialist, hospital provider, or preparedness planner. The key information presented to the user about a substance varies depending on this role, so that the information most relevant to the respective job can be quickly accessed.
* Radiological and biological substance support.
* ERG 2012 data; the Android version of WISER includes the full ERG 2012 tool.
* Mobile support, providing first responders critical information where they need it, when they need it.
Coming this Winter: Help Identify Chemical and protective distance mapping will be added to this popular platform.
More from developer
It runs on all Android tablets. No hidden costs! Sympto plus does not require an internet connection for its basic functions. It is a genuine, stand-alone app powered by Java technology and has been running smoothly since 2008.
Occasional internet connection ensures syncing with your sympto.org account. Introduction videos get you started.
Sympto Plus includes 15 days of free fertility management coaching by a trained, professional Natural Family Planning (NFP) counsellor. Fertility management coaching beyond the free, 15-day trial can be purchased as “Premium Access” option in various time increments for you to become competent in your symptothermal interpretations.
Sympto Plus calculates your fertile window using the “symptothermal method” (STM) which uses your basal body temperature that you record on days indicated by the app, and cross-checks it with your cervical fluid observations. Alternatively or additionally, there is an option to include internal cervical observations in your data.
A full, free-of-charge manual explains the complete method in great detail on www.sympto.org.
*Special functions built in for pregnancy-achieving, breastfeeding, and pre-menopause.
*”Pilot Mode” option guides you through your first cycle with instructions every step of the way.
*Enter data from past cycles as far back as January 2000.
When you enter at least six consecutive, completed cycles on sympto, we will analyze them for you free-of-charge and provide feedback to you before you continue.
*Your cycles can be posted anonymously in web forums or be sent to your gynaecologist.
*Easy-to-use icons with detailed descriptions to help you select the correct observations each day.
Note: When used correctly, the symptothermal method has been proven 99.4 PI effective in accurately indicating fertility status (see clinical studies on sympto.org) However, the Sympto Foundation cannot guarantee effectiveness with incorrect or incomplete use. Therefore, we recommend purchasing the “Premium Access” option for at least six months where you will learn how to properly observe and record your fertility signs.
*Moon phases help you to see yourself in harmony with the universe.
Visit www.sympto.org for more information about the non-profit-oriented Swiss SymptoTherm Foundation, 1132 Lully, Switzerland. On our website you will also find other products offered.
Some keywords: Fertility Awareness, Ovulation, Family Planning, Natural Family Planning, Birth Control, Natural Contraception, Lunar Calendar, Rhythm, Cycles