This modern natural family planning method has been researched extensively in efficacy trials. It is the only proven family planning method which allows you to manage your fertility simply by tracking your period. And CycleBeads is the only Android app in the world based on this scientifically tested method.
CRITERIA FOR USE
To use the CycleBeads app, you should have cycles between 26 and 32 days long**. Most women do, but not all. If you don't know if your cycle is in this range, the CycleBeads app can be used to track your cycle lengths. It will tell you if your cycles are in this range.
HOW TO USE
It’s simple! Enter the date your most recent period started.
Then, the app tells you what day of your cycle you are on, whether it is a fertile day or an infertile day, and when your fertile days will come this cycle. This information is all based on the Standard Days Method. You can use this to plan pregnancy, avoid pregnancy, or just as a period tracker.
• A calendar and a picture of CycleBeads that show you your cycle based on the start date of your period
• Customizable alerts telling you when you are on your fertile days, when your fertile window is ending, and when you are likely to start your next period
• Alerts reminding you to input your period start date or when you had a cycle outside the range of 26-32 days long
• A Notes feature to track key information for yourself, or to discuss with your health provider or partner
• Ongoing cycle data history so you can see the start dates of your previous cycles, the length of each cycle, and whether that cycle was in the range for using this method effectively.
For more information on the research behind this family planning method, to watch a video on how it works, or to learn more about this family planning tool, visit www.CycleBeads.com
Millions of women around the world have used this method as birth control, to plan pregnancies, and just to better understand their cycles. A portion of the proceeds from sales of all CycleBeads products including the CycleBeads app, supports research to expand family planning options around the world, and help people make informed choices about their reproductive health.
We update CycleBeads regularly. Please send us any feedback or requests for improvements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All CycleBeads tools including iCycleBeads, CycleBeads Android app, and CycleBeads Online are protected under patent.
* Arevalo M. et al., Contraception, 2002;65;333-338.
** According to data from the World Health Organization and analyzed by researchers at Georgetown University, approximately 80% of cycles are in the 26-32 day range.
Kindara can help you take control of your reproductive health by recording your fertility signs, including basal body temperature, cervical fluid, cervix position, and more.
By charting basal body temperature, menstrual cycle length, and cervical fluid, Kindara is able to accurately predict ovulation and let you know when you’re most likely to become pregnant.
Kindara can also help you avoid pregnancy using the rules of the Fertility Awareness Method:
* Add a Cervical Fluid Peak indicator to apply the Peak +4 rule of the Fertility Awareness Method
* Add a Temperature Shift indicator to apply the Temperature Shift +3 rule of the Fertility Awareness Method and count the days in your post ovulation days of your cycle
* Interactive calendar and fertility chart that learns from your data and accurately predicts fertile days, ovulation, and menstruation
* Beautiful full screen fertility chart with portrait and landscape display
* Enter and track basal body temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius
* Enter cervical fluid type and amount for each day
* Enter cervical fluid height and firmness for each day
* Indicate peak days for your period and cervical fluid
* Track sexual intercourse and know which days you are most likely to conceive by utilizing our ovulation prediction feature
* Track ovulation predictor kit results, cervical changes, PMS symptoms, spotting, pregnancy tests or other data right on your chart using the Custom Data feature
* Daily journal entries to keep track of moods, doctor visits, and anything else you like
* Comprehensive Knowledge Base to help you learn about the intricacies of your body
Connect & Share
* Interactive Community where you can connect with other users and promote productive cooperation
*Get feedback from women well-versed in the Fertility Awareness Method to help interpret your own temperature shifts and cervical fluid peak days of your cycle
* Invite your practitioner to view your charts online
* Seamlessly sync your account between your devices and our web portal
Kindara is a women’s health company based in Boulder, Colorado. Our mission is to help women feel calm, confident, and powerful about their bodies and reproductive health, no matter what their goal. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com, so we know how to improve the app for future releases.
“Hands down - the best - Beautifully designed, scientifically accurate, clear and flexible enough to use for avoiding pregnancy or trying to conceive. My favourite, hands down, of the many apps I've tried.”
"Have used it to great success to get pregnant! Recommended it to a friend who also used it to get pregnant."
"Kindara impressed us from the 1st day we tried it (July 2012). The few features we once hoped for have been implemented. Communication with staff is like emailing sincere friends (quick replies, clear knowledge-based explanations, etc). Whether you try Kindara 1st or last, you'll choose Kindara. Simply the best...Thank you, Kindara."
“Simple and impactful - I am happy to report that after over a year of daily use of the Kindara app, I am now 14 1/2 weeks pregnant and have seen my little baby, heartbeat and little wiggles and all, healthy and growing in my belly for the first time! Of course I cried a few tears of joy and said some major prayers of thanks. I want to share those thanks with Kindara, as well. Kindara made it so easy to track the process of trying to conceive. I also greatly appreciated all of the videos and articles to help reassure and educate me on increasing my chances of conception…. The app is well designed and the team continues to make improvements for usability over time. I highly recommend the app to every woman I know to stay in touch with their bodies, whether trying to conceive or not.”
★★ Sensational ★★ By popular demand, the Fertility Calendar allows all Women to manage their menstrual cycle and their fertile periods.
Developed in collaboration with qualified Medical Practitioners at an international level, offering everyone the opportunity to monitor and check the progress of their pregnancy from their iPhone.
The sales leader in Italy, it has also conquered the hearts of many, many Women in Europe and South America.
★★ Do you want a child? Download iMom • Pregnancy & Fertility ! ★★
iMom • Pregnancy & Fertility can help pregnant woman in a variety of ways, ranging from purely clinical advice to psychological, nutritional, aesthetic and general tips.
iMom • Pregnancy & Fertility is not meant to substitute a healthcare provider but assist them in dispelling many myths and false taboos that Women around the world are faced with during this delicate period in their lives.
• Revolutionary and captivating device for Women
• Useful advice and support, fun and intuitive for Mother
• Innovative and indispensable tool for the Gynecologist
For the Gynecologist the app is ideal in terms of convenience and managing their patients.
Functions for Women include:
• Automatic management of the menstrual cycle
• Statistics and forecasts for ovulation and fertility
• Daily register of symptoms and states of mind
• Tracker for sexual relations
• Notifications for contraception
• Display of luteal phase
• Super pregnancy modality
Functions for Mother include:
• Detailed information for each week of pregnancy
• llustrations of the fetus in each of the 9 months of pregnancy
• Calculation of expected delivery
• Display of duration of the cycle and pregnancy testing
• Register of symptoms and states of mind
• Data registration
• Pictures in 3D and 4D ultrasound
• Recommended Foods
• Yoga in pregnancy
• Counting kicks
• Register contractions
• Baby bag for purchases
Functions for the Gynecologist include:
• Obstetric rules
• Database their patients
• Planning and synchronizing appointments
• Fetal Biometry
• Calculation of the fetal weight
★★ iMom • Pregnancy & Fertility, a new opportunity for those who are giving birth to a new life! ★★
** Over 500,000 Downloads! **
** Super! 84 Score on AppsFire **
** What Our Users are saying: ***
“I got pregnant!! Conception was the exact same day that this app read that I was ovulating. Happy Mother To Be!” - Lady Margarette
“This is an easy way to track my ovulation and periods” - Reneze
“This app is awesome!!! It’s very easy to use and if you want to get pregnant it’s the way to keep track.” - Jacqueline Adap
“Gives you exactly the info you want -- no extra fiddly bits. Perfect for baby planning!” - Sarah
Longing for a baby? The Ovulation Calculator can tip the odds of getting pregnant in your favor to help make your dreams a reality.
Each month you have a small fertile window, usually 10 to 18 days after the first day of your period. The Ovulation Calculator helps you quickly determine your most fertile days based on the date you provide and your cycle length:
● Enter the first day of your last menstrual period
● Enter the length of your menstrual cycle
The Ovulation Calculator instantly determines your 6 most fertile days in the current month and in each of the following 4 to 5 months, giving you a better understanding of your monthly cycle. The results also include the baby’s due date should you happen to conceive during that month.
Having easy access to this important information allows you to take advantage of your most fertile days and increase your odds of conception.
Whether you’ve been trying to get pregnant for a while or are just starting to think about having a baby, the Ovulation Calculator is a great first step towards your ultimate goal — a baby to love!
Grâce à cette application, vous pourrez prévoir le début de vos règles, votre date d’ovulation et votre période la plus fertile. Pour booster votre fertilité, cette appli vous propose de combiner plusieurs méthodes permettant d’établir avec précision les jours pendant lesquels vous avez le plus de probabilité de commencer une grossesse.
- Saisissez facilement la date de début de vos règles et la durée moyenne de vos règles dans le calendrier. Sur cette base, pourront être déterminées la date prévue de vos prochaines menstruations, la date de votre prochaine ovulation et votre période de fertilité la plus propice.
- Si vous le souhaitez, la méthode des températures vous permet également de déterminer la date de votre ovulation. Pour cela, rien de plus simple, il vous suffit d’enregistrer quotidiennement vos paramètres pour identifier votre phase d’ovulation.
- Autre possibilité, vous pouvez collecter l’aspect des glaires cervicales. En surveillant ces changements, il est possible de déterminer la période de fertilité.
- La combinaison de plusieurs indicateurs de fertilité vous permettra de prévoir avec plus de fiabilité votre période propice à la conception.
- Vous bénéficiez de notifications avec des alertes pour votre période de fécondité, votre date d’ovulation et la date de vos règles.
- Pour mettre toutes les chances de votre côté, Doctissimo vous propose des articles et des vidéos pour favoriser vos chances de grossesse, mieux comprendre votre cycle menstruel et votre période de fécondabilité ou bien vous alimenter avant de tomber enceinte
- Un FAQ vous permettra d’explorer toutes les potentialités de cette appli mais aussi de mieux comprendre les facteurs favorisant la fertilité et savoir quand consulter
- Un export des données renseignées sur plusieurs semaines est également possible.
Multilingue : Français, Brésilien, Chinois
- Fragen und Antworten zu Schwangerschaft, Geburt und Elterndasein
- Schwangerschaftskalender (auf schwäbisch)
- Babynamen – mit Vorschlägen und „Lieblingsliste“
- Checklisten zum „Abhaken“
- Adressen von Hebammen, Frauen- und Kinderärzten in Stuttgart und Umgebung
- Kursangebote für Eltern
- Videos Rückbildungsgymnastik
„Oifach mal d’Äpp runderlaade!“
Ovia Ovulation & Period is better than a period diary, fertility calculator, or a menstrual cycle and ovulation calendar. It is the only smart tracker that learns your unique menstrual cycle. Based on personally recorded information on your period cycle, the app helps you recognize your fertility period or avoid it, even if you have irregular periods.
Developed by Harvard scientists and the nation’s leading fertility experts, Ovia Ovulation & Period makes it simple to manage your reproductive health. Over 1.5 million users trust Ovia Fertility & Pregnancy.
Track Critical Health Data
- Free ovulation and fertility tracker, calculator, and calendar
- Track moods, cervical fluid, basal body temperature for early signs of pregnancy(or conception?)
- Track symptoms for the entire body including sleep and lifestyle
- Track intercourse, weight, exercise, blood pressure, medications, and nutrition
- Record ovulation tests and pregnancy tests
- Ovia will use this data to create accurate, easy-to-understand fertility and health charts
- Receive updates on your fertility score and receive daily articles on fertility and conception
- Set goals based on BMI and customize weight, exercise, nutrition, and sleep goals
Free Key Features
- Support for women with irregular periods who are trying to get pregnant
- Receive detailed health summaries and statistics
- See when you’re fertile in future weeks with your Fertility Forecast with a monthly calendar showing your ovulation day, upcoming period, and fertile window.
- Your data is always secure and your account is free forever
- MyQ will help uncover connections between your health history and potential fertility issues you may experience
- Involve your partner with your Ovia Fertility account through Partner Share
Learn everything about conception and pregnancy through daily articles written by clinically validated professionals
Connects with FitBit and Withings to help couples trying to conceive to get pregnant faster!
WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING ABOUT US
“I love being able to see my data and after trying other apps. This is by far the best app!”
“With an irregular cycle, it’s been extremely hard for me to track my fertility, but with Ovia Ovulation & Period Tracker , I love that MY data is being processed for ME.”
“BFP this morning! Conceived on cycle with Ovia after trouble for two years more or less. I honestly never thought I would have so much fun tracking my data, this has been a very enjoyable experience to conclude a very difficult time. I recommend it to all my friends who are trying.”
Featured in NY TIMES, The Boston Globe, CBS, Wired, TechCrunch, Mashable and more.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND OVIA FERTILITY BY OVULINE
There are only a few days each cycle when a woman is fertile and can conceive. Many couples who are trying to conceive take longer than expected to get pregnant because they don’t know the right days. Ovia Ovulation & Period Tracker collects your unique menstrual cycle data and health information to predict your exact fertile window and free your mind from stress, improving your likelihood of conceiving.
Ovia Ovulation & Period Tracker has industry-best predictive engines built on millions of data points from more than 1.5 million users. By tracking your data, Ovia can help you make connections with other data you and millions of other women have entered to make Ovia the most accurate ovulation predictor possible. We use big data and machine learning to accurately predict your unique cycle so you know when to plan your romantic evenings and help you get pregnant faster.
Neun Monate – und jeder Tag ist spannend. Baby & ICH begleitet Sie in dieser wundervollen Zeit mit allem, was Sie wissen müssen und was Sie wissen sollten.
Das Besondere: Die App passt sich an Ihr Informationsbedürfnis an. Mütter und Väter erhalten jeweils speziell auf sie zugeschnittene Informationen. Sie allein entscheiden, welche Infos Sie haben möchten.
Baby & ICH zeigt Ihnen
- jede Woche, wie sich Ihr Baby entwickelt
- jede Woche, welche Tipps und Tricks Ihnen das Leben einfacher machen (z.B. Recht, Ernährung, etc.)
- welche Vorsorge zu welchem Zeitpunkt angebracht ist
- wann und wie man(n) die Vaterschaft anerkennt und
- wie Elternzeit geht.
Weitere Features von Baby & ICH
- Kurse rund um Schwangerschaft, Geburt & Babypflege
- Ihr persönliches Schwangerschaftstagebuch
- Checklisten für die Kliniktasche
- Hintergrundinfos zu U-Untersuchungen und Impfungen für Ihr Baby
- Adressen von Beratungsstellen und Wickelplätzen in und um Nürnberg
Alle Inhalte stammen von den Experten der Geburtshilfe des Klinikums Nürnberg.
Wir wünschen Ihnen eine schöne Schwangerschaft.
Willkommen im Leben!
Das Klinikum Nürnberg freut sich über Ihre Nutzung, der Baby&Ich App und Ihr Interesse an unserer Geburtsstation. Der Schutz Ihrer eingegeben Daten ist für uns ein wichtiges Anliegen und wir möchten, dass Sie sich bei der Nutzung der App sicher fühlen.
Im Folgenden wird erläutert, welche Informationen wir während der Benutzung der Baby&Ich App erfassen und wie diese genutzt werden.
Über die Baby&Ich App werden seitens des Klinikums Nürnberg keine personenbezogenen Daten ohne Aufforderung der jeweiligen Nutzer erfasst. Es werden keine persönlichen Daten versendet, die Sie der App mitgeteilt haben. Daten die zur Verbindung mit den Servern der App benötigt werden, werden ausschließlich auf Ihrem Smartphone und nicht auf den Servern des Anbieters gespeichert oder gesammelt.
Lediglich bei der Anforderung bestimmter Infomaterialien werden Name, Adresse(Straße, PLZ, Ort) sowie die E-Mail Adresse erfasst und ausschließlich zum versenden dieser Infomaterialien genutzt. Die vertrauliche Behandlung persönlicher Daten der Nutzer ist für uns selbstverständlich. Die Erhebung und Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten erfolgt im Rahmen der datenschutzrechtlichen Bestimmungen. Alle zur Durchführung der Datenverarbeitung eingesetzten Mitarbeiter werden zur Einhaltung des Datengeheimnisses verpflichtet. Wir weisen vorsorglich darauf hin, dass E-Mails an uns unverschlüsselt übermittelt werden. Übermittlungen personenbezogener Daten an staatliche Einrichtungen und Behörden erfolgen nur im Rahmen zwingender nationaler Rechtsvorschriften. Unsere Mitarbeiter, Agenturen und Händler sind von uns zur Vertraulichkeit verpflichtet. Wir treffen Vorkehrungen, um die Sicherheit Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten zu gewährleisten. Ihre Daten werden gewissenhaft vor Verlust, Zerstörung, Manipulation und unberechtigtem Zugriff geschützt. Wenn Sie uns personenbezogene Daten übermittelt haben, haben Sie jederzeit die Möglichkeit, diese einfach wieder löschen zu lassen. Schicken Sie uns dazu bitte eine E-Mail.
Wichtig: Diese App kann Links zu Webseiten anderer Anbieter enthalten, auf die sich diese Datenschutzerklärung nicht erstreckt.
Welche Komponenten der Hardware werden benötigt
- Die App benötigt eine Internetverbindung um Daten zu herunterzuladen.
- Die App benötigt die Kamera Ihres Smartphones um Bilder für das Tagebuch zu nutzen.
- Die App benötigt Zugriff auf das Dateisystem um Bilder auf Ihrem Smartphone zu speichern.
- Die App benötigt Zugriff auf Ihren Standort um eine Route zur Geburtsstation zu planen.
• This Menstrual Calendar is easy-to-use.
• Woman Calendar offers a very intuitive user interface.
• The program is password protected which helps you keep all your data in privacy.
• The program lets you set reminders.
• Woman Calendar / Feminap is completely customizable, allowing you to select the temperature format, customize the number of days of the different periods (cycle length, fertile period, menstruation, and luteal phase length) and the calendar colors and icons.
• It also has the ability to generate reports.
• Users can also add a note, symptoms, mood on any day of the month.
• Woman Calendar also offers a history which shows the numbers of cycles tracked, the estimated date of your next period, the first day of your last period, and if your cycles are regular or not.
• The program helps calculate ovulation and your fertile days.
• Menstrual Calendar can be used to show you which days are the best to have sexual relations if you want a baby.
Woman Calendar includes a number of other useful tools for you:
• Basal Body Temperature Chart (BBT)
• Weight chart
• Parameters of the body (chest, waist, hips)
• Kegel exercises
Charting app can be used with Billings method, designed with the Creighton model in mind. Compare 2 cycles and/or date range of days next to each other, including the temperature graphs.
Easily enter your daily information for your chart. Help remove the hassle out of keeping charting supplies on hand and on your person!
Take control of you fertility. For tracking ovulation and avoiding hormonal or barrier forms of birth control, whether you're trying to conceive or to avoid pregnancy this Natural family planning app is for you. Track your menstrual cycles, cervical mucus, Basal Body Temperature as well as other physical symptoms relating to your fertile days.
Period Tracker tracks your periods and can even predict your future periods. If you are trying to conceive, the app tracks ovulation signs to increase your chance of pregnancy. You can use it as Period Tracker for Irregular Periods or Ovulation and Fertility Calculator . Track your period, menstrual cycle, fertility days, symptoms, medications, mood, and more related to your cycle wherever you are! Period Calculator, Diary and Tracker learns from your inputs and makes better prediction of future periods and fertility windows through time. You can finally get relaxed about tracking your period and predicting your ovulation and fertility window.
★ Period Tracker for irregular periods
★ Menstrual Cycle Tracker, Diary and Calendar
★ Ovulation and Fertility days Calculator, Calendar and Tracker
★ Intuitive user interface with vital information at a glance.
★ Period Tracker, Calculator and Calendar
★ Notification Reminders about incoming period or fertility window.
★ Home screen Widget. Get the basic period data without even starting the application.
★ Use the 'Year' Calendar to see if the period will fall on the date of an event or appointment, or in the middle of your vacation.
★ PIN code privacy protection.
★ Track your periods for better prediction of future periods.
★ Learn the signals a woman’s body gives out when you’re approaching ovulation.
Period & Ovulation - Calendar and Tracker Features:
★ Record popular signs of ovulation like Basal Body Temperature.
★ Record your period and intercourse/sex information.
★ Store daily notes, symptoms, moods and more.
★ Plan ahead with unlimited predictions for your next periods, fertile days and ovulation.
★ Tracking helps to better predict fertility days and future periods.
We want to hear from you! Please email comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Menstrual cycle, ovulation and fertility forecasts may not be accurate and should not be used to prevent unwanted pregnancy. To forecast ovulation Period Diary Calendar / Tracker calculates 14 days before the projected start date of one's next period. Forecast accuracy depends on a number of factors including how regular one's cycle length is, when one actually ovulates during the cycle, and how many periods have been logged in the app. Anxiety, stress, diet, nutrition, exercise, environment, medications, age and other factors can also affect one's cycle from month to month.
Natural Family Planning by Project Caruso is a new application created to assist in achieving and/or avoiding pregnancy for those using stamps, temperature, fertile/infertile, cervix observations, and personal notes. Please be advised this is not for educational use, you must know how to use NFP before downloading this app.
"Natural Family Planning (NFP) comprises the family planning methods approved by the Roman Catholic Church for both achieving and avoiding pregnancy. In accordance with the Church's teachings regarding sexual behavior in keeping with its philosophy of the dignity of the human person, NFP excludes the use of other methods of birth control, which it refers to as "artificial contraception." " -Wikipedia
•Seven Day History
•Crashlytics (Helps developers improve functionality)
•Rate this app
•Link to online support
Future Ambitions & Goals:
With myPill® you can truly be free of worries. You'll love it.
Also supports the ring and patch contraceptive.
- "I work crazy hours and myPill is very persistent at reminding me so I never forgot! Awesome!", Kayla F.
- "I absolutely love this app. The reminder is loud and helpful.", Linda L.
- "I use this app on my iPhone and it works great. I never forget to take my pill. The options to make notes and mark when my period starts and ends is so helpful! Great purchase!", Megan N.
❀ DAILY PILL REMINDER. myPill® knows when to remind and when you're on a break.
❀ SNOOZE. If you want, it will keep reminding until you've taken your pill.
❀ HISTORY. Take notes, track symptoms. Your doctor will love you.
❀ PREDICTION. Plan your vacation according to your period, makes it easy avoid unpleasant surprises.
myPill® was built with one purpose in mind -- giving you the BEST tools, that would match your personal needs and would make your life better by allowing you to confidently know that as long as you have myPill, you won't ever forget a pill.
We want to be the best birth control app in the world. Every lady has to have this pill reminder app. :)
This is the key to the application, "Breastfeeding," which disables ads and opens the full functionality of the application, including a handy widget on the desktop.
Breastfeeding - an application for the young and modern moms, which allows you to:
- Remember what breast-fed baby the last time;
- Record the time and duration of feedings;
- Keep a record of the child supplementary feeding with a mixture of mixed feeding;
- View summary reports of feeding a child for a day, week, month.
- Keep a record of the child supplementary feeding mixture when mixed feeding;
- Keep a record of racking;
- With a handy widget on the desktop (available in full version), you can get quick access to the application and to keep records of feedings.
Key features of the app:
- Consideration of breastfeeds (left, right) with one touch;
- Consideration of the duration of feeding a child;
- Consideration of bottle-feeding;
- Consider pumping;
- Pause during feedings (long click on the button);
- Displays the status of nursing in the status bar (during feedings can use other applications on Android);
- Consideration of feeding several children and twins;
- Editing added feedings;
- Manual addition of feeds;
- Setting of maximum feeding time;
- Display the date in the format 24 or AM / PM;
- Start screen widgets (4x2, 2x1) for quick access to the application;
- Support milliliters and ounces to specify the amount of liquid in the bottle (set in settings)
- Fullscreen mode or folded;
- Lock screen off during feeding;
- Support for tablets (landscape or portrait)
- Export and import data;
- Automatic adjustment of brightness (at night the screen will not dazzle you.)
With convenient widget on your desktop (available in full version) you can get quick access to the application and start feeding records.
Additional advantages of the full (paid) version of the application:
- Twins/Multiple babies support
- Widget to your desktop (4x2, 2x1)
- No ads
- Data export to csv and import (when changing phones, devices)
Be happy and let your baby grow healthy!
Begin to feed the child, you need to click the button, and we will care about everything else!
We are ready to answer all your questions, as well as constantly working to improve the functional application. Write wishes, we will implement them to the app.
Want to receive the latest news about the application? Subscribe to the news group https://www.facebook.com/WhisperArts
All babies reach milestones on their own developmental timeline. A multitude of factors influence the rate of each baby’s individual growth such as genetics, form of delivery, gestation at delivery, medical issues, effectiveness of the placenta prior to delivery, and so on. However there is a persistent and understandable demand from first-time mothers for information on what is considered ‘the norm’.
This is particularly so with breastfeeding, as understanding breastmilk intake is more complex than looking at the oz mark on a bottle. This is a topic rife with large-scale confusion, especially as breastfeeding mothers are in the minority and can often find themselves, and their health workers, comparing their baby with formula-fed babies.
Breastfed babies are not the same as formula fed babies. One is fed the milk of its own species; the other is fed the milk of an entirely different species, so it is unsurprising that stark differences can be observed. What follows is a timeline detailing the journey of the average breastfed baby.
I hope it will prove to be a useful and reassuring tool for new mothers.