"Boys are 3 times more likely than girls to be diagnosed with ADHD"
"Delirium is an acute and relatively sudden decline in attention, focus, perception, and cognition"
"Formication is a feeling that bugs are crawling on the skin"
And many more.
PART I—OUR MENTAL MACHINERY
Chapter 1: Thinking About Thinking1
Chapter 2: Perception: Why Can’t We See
What Is There To Be Seen?7
Chapter 3: Memory: How Do We Remember
What We Know?17
PART II—TOOLS FOR THINKING
Chapter 4: Strategies for Analytical Judgment:
Transcending the Limits of Incomplete Information
Chapter 5: Do You Really Need More Information?
Chapter 6: Keeping an Open Mind
Chapter 7: Structuring Analytical Problems
Chapter 8: Analysis of Competing Hypotheses
PART III—COGNITIVE BIASES
Chapter 9: What Are Cognitive Biases?
Chapter 10: Biases in Evaluation of Evidence
Chapter 11: Biases in Perception of Cause and Effect
Chapter 12: Biases in Estimating Probabilities
Chapter 13: Hindsight Biases in Evaluation of
Chapter 14: Improving Intelligence Analysis
Do you ever feel blue, strained, or anxious? Millions of people struggle with tension, anxiety, or mood issues. They may wear and tear on your body leaving you feeling fatigued, drained, and empty inside.
Let me explain...
Over time, tension and anxiety can build, causing you to be less productive, uneasy, tense, and even unhappy. A poor mood may make you irritable, impatient, and hurt your relationships. You might find it tough to center, stay motivated, or achieve tasks.
Stress is one area which almost everyone on earth is handling. And many of them do not know how to handle it and do not even know how to handle it and it's psychology.
In this free app learn all it takes to handle stress and how it can create problems if ignored.
"In the following pages, I shall demonstrate that there is a psychological technique which makes it possible to interpret dreams, and that on the application of this technique, every dream will reveal itself as a psychological structure, full of significance, and one which may be assigned to a specific place in the psychic activities of the waking state. Further, I shall endeavour to elucidate the processes which underlie the strangeness and obscurity of dreams, and to deduce from these processes the nature of the psychic forces whose conflict or co-operation is responsible for our dreams."
This app takes published academic papers and introduces them to the reader in a format that is both easy to read and interesting.
If you read this, you will be a more effective thinker and have a better understanding of how the mind works. That is a good thing.
Each chapter is based on published scientific research. It uses this to explain how and why we think the way we do. The content is concise, accessible and the chapters can be read independently.
Psychology Topics covered include:
...and many others
There is an additional area on quotes from psychologists, philosophers, writers and many others. These are not underpinned by scientific studies but are selected to put you thinking and broaden your perspective of the topic areas.
Read free Psychology books. Discover the best Psychology stories by popular writers.
- Search and browse more than 118 books
- Downloaded books can also be read offline
- Customize your reading settings to personalize your experience
- Collect & organize your favorite books
- User-friendly interface and intuitive control
- Other useful features not to miss: recent read books
- Share books with friends via email, facebook, ...
What are you waiting for? Download our app & Get started reading today!
Please let us know if you have suggestions.
Intended for everyone interested in psychology, particularly undergraduate and graduate students, medical students, nursing, and dental students.
Table of Contents
III. Sensory Systems
V. Learning and Memory
VI. Thinking, Language, Intelligence
VIII. Personality, Mind, and Social Psychology
IX. Abnormal Psychology
X. Psychoactive Drugs
Introduction: History | Principles | Scope | Research psychology | Applied psychology | Research methods | Criticism
Neuron: Axon | Dendrite | Synapse | Neurotransmitters | Action Potential | Postsynaptic Potential
Nervous System Organization: Brain | Spinal cord | Central nervous system | Peripheral nervous system | Somatic nervous system | Autonomic nervous system
Brain Stem: Medulla oblongata | Pons | Midbrain
Diencephalon: Thalamus | Hypothalamus | Pituitary gland
Telencephalon: Brain | Gyri and sulci | Brodmann area | Cerebral cortex | Cerebral hemisphere | Lateralization of brain function | Frontal lobe | Occipital lobe | Parietal lobe | Temporal lobe | Corpus callosum | Fornix
Limbic System: Amygdala | Cingulate gyrus | Fornicate gyrus | Hippocampus | Hypothalamus | Mammillary body | Nucleus accumbens | Orbitofrontal cortex | Parahippocampal gyrus
III. Sensory Systems
Visual system: Eye | Lateral geniculate nucleus | Optic radiation | Visual cortex
Auditory system: Outer ear | Middle ear | Cochlea | Medial geniculate nuclei | Primary auditory cortex
Olfactory system: Olfactory receptor neurons | Piriform cortex
Gustatory system: Tongue | Taste bud | Basic tastes | Primary gustatory area
Somatosensory system: Nociception | Thermoreception | Vestibular system | Mechanoreception | Proprioception | Golgi organ | Muscle spindle
Perception: Weber-Fechner law | Stevens' power law | Absolute threshold | Just noticeable difference | Psychometric function | Limen
Perceptual Cues: Perceptual constancy | Visual perception | Depth perception | Motion perception
Attention: Top-down and bottom-up information processing | Cocktail party effect | Stroop effect
V. Learning and Memory
Learning: Habituation | Classical conditioning | Backward conditioning | Second-order conditioning | Rescorla-Wagner model | Eyeblink conditioning | Operant conditioning | Sensitization
Memory: Short-term memory | Long-term memory | Working memory | Cortical plasticity | Hebbian learning | Forgetting | Amnesia
VI. Thinking, Language, Intelligence
Thinking: Abstraction | Concept | Mental image | Animal cognition | Problem solving : Algorithm | Heuristic | Reasoning: Deductive reasoning | Inductive reasoning | Abductive reasoning | Analogy
Language: Phoneme | Morpheme | Syntax | Language acquisition | Aphasia: Broca's (expressive) aphasia | Wernicke's (receptive) aphasia
Intelligence: IQ | Stanford-Binet IQ test | Raven's Progressive Matrices | Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale
Developmental Psychology: Theory | History | Stages of development | Schools of psychology | Research methods | Theorists & theories
Discover things that you never imagined!
• World Best Facts!
• Share and Send Facts through SMS, WhatsApp.
• Post Content on your Facebook wall.
• Celebrities, Famous Quotes, Human body, Interesting, Nature, Science, Sex, Short jokes, Statistics, Strange laws, World records.
Use swipe gestures or arrows to navigate through facts. Get random facts and share them with friends!
- largest collection of facts: 12000+ and counting;
- facts are divided to categories, categories are divided to subcategories;
- add facts to favorites;
- animated gestures;
- swipe gestures to navigate trough facts;
- share facts with friends;
- Simple, beautifull and comfortable UI
Key features of Amazing facts:-
- Three language of facts: English, Russian, Hindi
- Send by SMS, MMS, Skype, e-Mail
- Two themes background of the program: "dark" and "light"
- Facts are divided into categories: money, sports, food, health, movies, politics, etc.
Did you know that...
Amazing facts: Justin Bieber's middle name is Drew, his favorite color is blue and his super power wish is to fly.
Amazing facts: Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen lost an arm in a 1984 auto accident. Regardless, he is still playing in the band.
Amazing facts: George Clooney owned a pet pig named Max.
Amazing facts: 52% of women fake orgasms.
Amazing facts:The brain consists of 60% white matter and 40% grey matter.
WAGmob brings you simpleNeasy, on-the-go learning app for "Psychology and Psychiatry".
You have limited access to the content provided.
In this mode you can access 2 tutorials, 1 quiz, and 1 set of flashcards.
For full access to the content, please purchase this application.
You can purchase "Psychology and Psychiatry" applications from within this app just for $1.99 each.
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
3. Simple and easy quizzes for self-assessment.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts in Psychology and Psychiatry by following snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Psychology,
Research in Psychology,
State of Consciousness,
Cognition and Language,
Stress and Coping,
Treatment of Psychological Disorders,
Social Cognition and Influence.
Introduction to Psychiatry,
Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders,
Eating and Sleep Disorders,
Other Psychiatric Disorders,
Pharmacotherapy and Electroconvulsive Therapy,
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision: simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission: A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our e-Book and app platform.
People explore space but do not know simplest facts about their bodies. Anatomy is a useful science that let us explore ourselves. Human Body Facts app was created to help you with it.
This is a perfect guide for kids who find it hard to concentrate on long boring studies. Thanks to this app, they have a chance to learn anatomy body facts in an amusing way.
Anatomy body facts are provided in a clear way. All facts are divided into categories for better understanding. The app is equipped with intuitive interface, which is simple to use. The functionality has all necessary features: for instance, it is convenient to share the stuff contained in the application.
It is much easier to get knowledge with assistance of application that is structured conveniently. Each fact is attributed to particular category. Popping up anatomy body facts will not make you tired. The information is acquired unobtrusively.
Download the app for self-development and spacious mind. The facts are given randomly to you.
Knowing interesting anatomy body facts, you can better control your body. Secrets of the body can reveal things not noticed usually. The vision of the world is fuller. You can add the fact you like to the favorites or send amazing human body facts to your friends via social networks or to e-mail.
Start with simple human body facts for kids and advance to knowledge that is more complicated. If you succeed, you will be able to understand the body language and guess what others think.
Human Body Facts app will take you to the wonderful world of a human body. You will be surprised to know that human body is like a miniature universe. What is more surprising, interesting body facts are perceived naturally. Learning can be fun!
What categories of facts are available in the app?
1. Blood. Learn more about blood facts that will help you to learn more about the circulatory system that is responsible for heart pumping. Blood facts will reveal things you have not even expected!
2. Body facts provide general knowledge all people should know. This is more than anatomy studies. Eventually, you’ll master the comprehensive body language with body facts.
3. Bones. You will learn the incredible bones facts. Did you know that human baby has more bones than grown-up? 60 bones more! Can you imagine that? Learn our bones facts to get more knowledge!
4. Brain. People are usually interested in brain facts to learn more about their talents and capabilities. What if there is something we do not use properly? Brain facts will reveal it for you!
5. Diseases. If you want to be protected against terrible diseases, you should learn diseases facts to know about the harm you can face. Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes. Diseases facts section represents all possible challenges.
6. Eye facts include some unbelievable truths that can make you wonder. What happens when you get older? Does vision worsen with age? Eye facts will disclose some secrets for you.
7. Hair. Those who want to have beautiful Hollywood hair should study hair facts. Sometimes hair facts can help to determine the solution to your problem.
8. Heart. Study the heart facts to prevent possible heart diseases. It will help you understand what causes trouble and why heart attack is a common cause of death mortality. The app with heart facts included can be used to your advantage.
9. Pregnancy. Interesting pregnancy facts will dispel myths on the subject. Even in the digital era, their influence is strong. Pregnancy facts tell of conception, pregnancy procedure and everything that concerns the fetus.
10. Sex facts are acute because of constant misunderstanding in relationship between man and woman. All rack brain how satisfaction can be achieved. With sex facts, you can get the solution.
Приложение содержит следующие главы:
Как произвести впечатление на мужчину,
Как понять, что вы готовы к новой любви,
О чем не стоит разговаривать с женщиной на первом свидании,
Основные различия между мужчинами и женщинами,
Искренность в отношениях,
Влюбленность и подсознание,
Расставание - это всегда сложно,
Компромиссы в отношениях,
Верность, близость и доверие в отношениях,
Поведение, ведущие к разрыву отношений,
10 примет настоящей любви,
Дружба и любовь,
Отношения без доверия,
Зачем женщины живут с нелюбимыми мужчинами.
В приложении использованы материалы из следующих источников:
Содержимое приложения: Я и психолог, Родители и дети, Конфликты на работе, Выбор профессии, Вопросы психологии, Семья, Секс, Интересно, Религии, Красота и внешность, Здоровье, Кризисы, Страхи и фобии, Зависимости, Смерть близкого, Подростки, Карьера и деньги, Самопознание, Сон, сновидения, Будущим мамам, Депрессия, апатия, Любовь, Дружба
5 причин вставать в 5 утра,
Позитивный образ мышления,
Правила игры в успех,
Каждая уходящая минута — это еще один упущенный шанс изменить свою жизнь,
Что такое цели,
эффективные приёмы улучшения памяти,
Стресс — негатив или позитив,
Страх публичных выступлений,
Как распознать вредные привычки,
О детской жестокости,
Истинные причины хронических опозданий,
Что несут нам глянцевые журналы,
С сайта http://www.mrwolf.ru/
A must have for dog lovers.
Download, enjoy and tease your dog!
This application contains sounds of:
- angry dogs,
- door knock,
- door bell,
- cat meow ( cat sound )
- crying baby
- duck squeak
- Kea parrot
- dog whistle
- air horn
- toilet flush
- screaming man
- screaming woman ( girl )
Piggy World contains:
- 16 different platformer levels,
- bonus Piggy Run mode (which is a pig runner mini game),
- sweet and cute graphics,
- nice sounds and awesome music.
Thanks for playing platformer Piggy World!
Toddler ABC & Numbers contains:
- alphabet with pronunciation in english
- numbers with pronunciation in english
- animals with pronunciation in english
- colors with pronunciation in english
In animals section you can find: ant, bird, buffalo, cat, chicken, cow, dog, elephant, fish, monkey, pig, rabbit, snake, tiger. In this section you can also find chicken sound, cow sound, cat sound, dog sound, monkey sound, tiger sound and more.
In colors section you can find such colors as: red, green, blue, white, black, yellow, orange, brown, pink, purple, gray, violet, lime.
Toddler ABC & Numbers can be used for teaching english in kindergarten or primary school.
If you are english teacher you can show this application to your students.
Download, enjoy and tease your friends!
This application contains sounds of:
- police signal (police sirens)
- air horn & stadium horn
- crying baby (crying child)
- cat (meow)
- toilet flush
- fart (farting)
- belch (burp)
- lightning ( thunderbolt )
- growl ( growling dog )
- screaming man
- screaming girl
Prank your friends!
This application does not work on all breeds of dogs. Its effectiveness depends on the nature of the dog and other factors.
It works like dog whistle.
IMPORTANT: Use at your risk because some dogs may become agressive. In that case turn off the application and calmly leave the area. During that do not look into the eyes of a dog.
IMPORTANT: Don't provoke dogs!
All cat sounds are real and they are funnier than talking cat!
Cat sounds contains such sounds as:
- sad cat
- eating cat
- cat fighting
- murmuring cat (purring)
- meowing cat
- hungry cat
- happy cat
- cat asks
- talking cat
This application contains such sounds as:
- referee ( arbiter ) whistle
- football ( soccer ) whistle
- train whistle
- old train whistle
- human whistle
Whistle sounds can be used at home, at school, at a party, at sport events, at New Years events.
If you don't know how to whistle, then just use whistle sounds.
It is funny for kids and adults.
IMPORTANT: whistle sounds may be annoying.
In Alien Radar you can:
- detect 3 forms of alien lifeforms
- receive top secret transmissions from aliens
This alien radar should be used only for entertainment purposes only, because it is not possible to detect any aliens using your mobile phone or tablet.
In Toddler Memory Game you can find beautiful cards (banana, cookie, hamburger, apple, tomato, cheese, beaver, cat, cow, monkey, mouse, elephant, pig and many cars) and nice sounds. There are 12 cards on each table, so it is easy to touch and good for toddlers.
Your kids will train brain and love this pairs game. This game is good for preschool children.
This applications contains such sounds as:
- barking dog
- barking small dog
- angry dogs
- many dogs
With dogs sounds you can also tease your dog as effectively as with dog whistle or cat sounds.
Download and enjoy!
This application contains 9 animals: monkey, elephant, cow, sheep, dinosaur, llama, pig, beaver and mouse. It has also animal sounds.
Animals can be feed with banana, orange, peaches, bamboo, tomato, burger, cheese, watermelon, ice cream, cookie, sushi and many more types of food.
It is ideal application for children and toddlers: it has nice, colorful graphics and funny animal sounds.
Just the best life & motivation quotes.
This application contains inspiring quotes and funny pics about:
- cat & cats,
- dog & dogs,
- idiot & idiots,
- evening news & television,
- girls & women,
- Buddha (buddhism),
- love & romance,
- beliefs & religion,
- how to live?
Famous quotes by Terry Pratchett, Aldous Huxley, Buddha, Thich Nhat Hanh, Neil Gaiman, Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, Anthony de Mello, Muhammad Ali...
Download and enjoy quotes and sayings (oneliners).
This application contains 8 frequencies: 5 kHz, 6 kHz, 7 kHz, 8 kHz to get your dog's attention and 11 kHz, 13 kHz, 15 kHz, 18 kHz to punish your dog for bad behavior.
You can use dog whistle as a dog trainer.
Important: Don't provoke other dogs.
Particles in Magic Particles HD are controlled by finger / touch.
It can be used by toddlers, children and kids.
Magic Particles HD contains such particles as:
- shining star,
- frozen cosmic star,
- red flower,
- stormy hearth (sign of love),
- fire explosion, burning flames,
- light flare, flashlight,
- smile / emoticon,
- music note,
- firework and fireworks,
- water drop,
- water fountain,
- peace symbol,
and many more.
Magic Particles HD runs the best on mobile & tablet with at least 8000 points in antutu benchmark.
Have some fun and relax with particles!