IMPORTANT: this is not stand-alone software, but requires the desktop client from mnemosyne-proj.org to create cards. Instructions on how to set up the sync server can be found here: http://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/syncing
NOTE THAT YOU CAN ONLY SYNC DEFAULT.DB AT THE MOMENT.
If you've previously installed the MnemoDodo plugin on your desktop, please remove it.
It's a clean, simple, and easy to use application that allows you to study and synchronize your flashcards across multiple desktop computers and mobile devices. The desktop version of Repetitions is available to download for free and it integrates seamlessly with your mobile devices.
Now you can study anytime, anywhere with Repetitions!
Visit www.repetitionsapp.com to download the desktop version for free.
Repetitions 1.81 Features:
* Desktop Version Available for Free Download
* Import Existing Repetitions Databases, Mnemosyne 1.x Databases, Text Files, and Copy and Paste Data Using the Desktop Version
* Create New Databases
* Add, Edit, or Delete Cards
* Edit Your Database
* View Statistics
* Fullscreen Mode in Portrait and Landscape Orientation
* Support for Viewing Cards Formatted with HTML Tags
* Image Support
* Audio Support
* LaTeX and MathML Support
* Review Mode for Studying Cards Like a Traditional Flashcard Application
* Advanced Settings and Features
* Cloud Synchronization Support for Keeping Your Databases, Images, and Sounds In Sync Across All Your Computers and/or Mobile Devices
* Local Area Network Synchronization Support for Transferring Your Databases, Images, and Sounds Between Your Computers and/or Mobile Devices
* Bonus Kanji and Kana Databases Included for Studying Japanese
Repetitions is Ad-Free
Thank you for your donation.
Pro version is for donation ONLY! The features are the SAME as free version.
The pro advantages are:
1. May be newer than free.
2. Get better support if you mention it in email.
3. Make AnyMemo better
4. Stop me putting ADs in the future :D
5. Premium flash card services.
1. Improved adaptive algorithm from Mnemosyne, Supermemo, Anki.
2. Simple and power saving interface with rich functions. No hidden internet connection, No Ads!
3. Text-to-Speech, MP3/OGG/WAV audio
4. Download 550+ flash card db to study Arabic, English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, French and also Computer, Religion and more from anymemo.org
5. Import thousands flash cards from FlashcardExcange，StudyStack and Quizlet
6. Import flash cards from Mnemosyne, SuperMemo PPC XML files, CSV, Tab-separated TXT, QA Text files.
7. Export to Mnemosyne XML, TXT, QA Text
8. Small size, support APP2SD (Warning: No widget and notification if installed on SD card)
We also have a new FAQ, please read it:
Note: The FAQ in anymemo.org has been updated. Please view it first if you have problems. If you don't want to read. Just send me an email. I try my best to answer your question.
Please don't make comments for bugs. Directly email to firstname.lastname@example.org, I will response as fast as I can!
WARNING: No widget and notification if installed on SD card. Move back to phone and restart the phone if you want them back.
(Hi Paul, I search my email and don't find about your feature request. I am sorry about the mis-communications. But commenting here won't help anything (I can't reply easily). The way of communication is email or issue tracker)
1. Improved adaptive algorithm from Mnemosyne, Supermemo, Anki.
2. Simple and power saving interface with rich functions. No hidden internet connection, No Ads!
3. Text-to-Speech, MP3/OGG/WAV audio
4. Download millions of flash card db to study Arabic, English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, French and also Computer, Religion and more from anymemo.org, flashcardexchange, quizlet or studystack
5. Download and upload from/to Dropbox
6. Import from StudyStack
7. Import flash cards from Mnemosyne, SuperMemo PPC XML files, CSV, Tab-separated TXT, QA Text files.
8. Export to Mnemosyne XML, TXT, QA Text
9. Small size, support APP2SD (Warning: No widget and notification if installed on SD card)
Donation: You can buy pro version on the market or donate through paypal link in anymemo.org. The Pro version has the same features as free version. Don't buy if you want more f eatures!
Project Twitter: @helloworld11
Please DO NOT make comments in Android Market for bugs / suggestions / Questions. I WON'T read it!
Please directly email to email@example.com or post issues in
, I will response as fast as I can!
AnkiDroid lets you learn flashcards very efficiently by showing them just before you will forget. It is fully compatible with the spaced repetition software Anki (including synchronization), which is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Study all sorts of things wherever and whenever you want. Make good use of idle times on bus trips, in supermarket queues or any other waiting situation!
Create your own flashcard decks or download free decks compiled for many languages and topics (more than 6000 available).
Add material through the desktop application Anki or directly through Ankidroid. The application even supports adding material automatically from a dictionary!
★ Key features:
• supported flashcard contents: text, images, sounds, LaTeX
• spaced repetition (supermemo 2 algorithm)
• text-to-speech integration
• more than 6000 premade decks
• progress widget
• detailed statistics
• syncing with AnkiWeb
• open source
★ Additional features:
• write answers (optional)
• card editor/adder
• card browser
• tablet layout
• import existing collection files (via Anki Desktop)
• dictionary integration (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Leo.org, Aedict, diverse web dictionaries)
• add cards by intent from other applications like dictionaries
• custom font support
• full backup system
• navigation by swipe, tap, shake
• fully customisable
• dynamic deck handling
• night mode
• 27 localisations
• All previous AnkiDroid versions can be downloaded from the website
Memrise is a Wikipedia of learning: over 300,000 community-created and edited courses to learn:
- Over 180 languages including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Finnish, Icelandic, Esperanto, Toki Pona and almost any other language you can think of
- Training for SATs, GMAT, TESOL, TOEFL and other standardised tests
- Revision courses for GCSE, A-Level, IBAC and more
- Train your Brain by learning capital cities, history, geography, pub quiz trivia and much more!
Memrise is changing the way millions of people learn... just about anything.
"I just found your app and I love it. Learning new vocabulary is now so much easier for me.” Andrej B, learning French
"My students find it massively addicting” Chris F, A-Level and GCSE Science teacher
"Mems are what I really like about Memrise. They are user-generated images, sentences, explanations and definitions which make a vocabulary item easier to remember.” Wiktor K, learning German
"First I opened a course for curiosity to see how it looks and sounds and then we started laughing together while learning new words.” BM, learning Chinese
WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND US?
On the web: www.memrise.com
On Twitter: @memrise
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn new languages and improve your language skills effectively with SuperMemo, the award- winning method of learning with fans all over the world.
WARNING! People get addicted to the SuperMemo method once they see how quickly they make progress and learn a language! SuperMemo sets an optimum repetition plan, which minimizes the time spent on learning, and guarantees nearly 100% knowledge retention to those users who study regularly.
30% increase in learning results thanks to the SuperMemo method – effectiveness proved by scientific research.
Perfect for students, executives and those who need to effectively learn a language anywhere they are.
The application includes:
✓ Extensive language course catalogue
✓ Synchronization feature – synchronise your course among the SuperMemo platforms (online and offline)
✓ Calendar with a repetition plan
✓ The award-winning SuperMemo method implemented in every course
Available types of courses:
✓ Comprehensive courses
✓ Vocabulary builders
✓ Grammar courses
✓ Exam preparation courses
✓ Phrase books
✓ And many others…
All the courses contain:
✓ The SuperMemo method – the original spaced repetition feature to help you memorize a new language quickly
✓ Recordings of native speakers which will help you practise your pronunciation untill it is perfect
✓ Your individual study plan based on your abilities and time spent on learning
There are many methods inspired by the SuperMemo algorithm, but it was SuperMemo to prove that successful learning is based on regular repetition. The SuperMemo algorithm continues to be the best "virtual teacher" and the only one supported by scientific research.
★ SuperMemo among Newsweek’s 31 ways to get smarter in 2012
“If you want to commit something to memory, the best time to recall it is the instant before you forget it. The flashcard program SuperMemo helps you catalog that important new data—and then reminds you to remember it at that perfect moment before it slips away.”
-- Newsweek, 9-10/01/2012, Sharon Begley
★ Want to Remember Everything You'll Ever Learn? Surrender to This Algorithm
„SuperMemo is a program that keeps track of discrete bits of information you've learned and want to retain. (…)SuperMemo tracks this so-called forgetting curve and reminds you to rehearse your knowledge when your chance of recalling it has dropped to, say, 90 percent. When you first learn a new vocabulary word, your chance of recalling it will drop quickly. But after SuperMemo reminds you of the word, the rate of forgetting levels out. The program tracks this new decline and waits longer to quiz you the next time”.
-- Wired Magazine, 16/05/2008, Gary Wolf
★★★ Note: Does not install as a separate application, just extends the card capacity of the free Flashcards ToGo application (without "Flashcards ToGo" installed, buying this app does not make sense) ★★★
The GRE/SAT M-Trainer (Mezmorize) is a spaced repetition flashcard application. It is useful for memorizing questions-answer pairs. A typical use case is studying GRE, LSAT, or SAT vocabulary words and their definitions. Mezmorize is also great for learning the vocabulary of another language.
Mezmorize intelligently schedules flashcards so that cards you have more trouble with are show more often than cards that you remember more readily. This leads to quicker learning and higher retention of information.
Mezmorize allows you to create flashcards within the application or to import a large set of cards all at once as long as they are in CSV form. CSV files can easily be created in Excel.
You to create categories of questions so you can focus on a specific subject at any given time.
The initial version of Mezmorize supports Text To Speech (TTS). Mezmorize will say the question for you when TTS is turned on.
Mezmorize can export your data in several forms to secure your database of flash cards or upload it to another device.
- Backup/restore database of cards for easy transfer between devices
- Allows for images via Camera, Gallery, or create your own using the built in sketch feature.
- Mark cards as known after memorizing them
- Sort cards alphabetically, by creation, modification, pending, complete
- Record / attach audio files
To begin, first create a new deck of cards by hitting the pencil icon in the upper right of the title bar. Next, be sure to give the deck a meaningful name for easy reference. You can edit and delete decks via long pressing on them. Once the deck is created you can begin making cards.
To make a card, select the desired deck from the main screen. This will bring you to a new screen. Similar to deck creation, select the pencil icon in the top right. This will bring you to a new screen where you can input the question, answer, and if you like a picture. Hit the check mark in the upper right to save the card.
To view a card or cards select the deck and then the card where you would like to begin. You can use the left and right arrow icons in the title bar to navigate between cards. To view the answer of a question, press anywhere on the card to display the answer. If you like, you can use the "x" and check mark icons beneath a card to mark a card as completed or not. This is totally optional but helps you keep track of what you need to know and what you already know. You can edit,delete,mark status of cards by long pressing them from listing screen.
To sort through cards or decks you can select the gear icon in the upper left of the title bar. To backup/restore, reset cards decks, you can find these options in the menu.
(мнемотехника, запоминание, развитие ассоциативного мышления) .
На данный момент приложение содержит в себе:
-Методы запоминания: описание, подробная информация.
-Информация о истории происхождения мнемоники.
-Упражнения на развитие памяти и запоминания, которые разнообразят ваши ассоциации.
-Ссылки на полезные и интересные статьи, касающиеся мнемоники.
-Список книг по мнемонике, мнемотехнике и запоминанию с прямыми ссылками на скачивание.
-Лучшие познавательные и обучающие видео о мнемонике.
-Удобный генератор чисел (генератор случайных чисел) для тренировки запоминания (и не только).
-Страница, где вы сможете записать ваши ассоциации к цифрам.
Нет людей с плохой памятью. Есть люди которые не умеют ею пользоваться. Ещё древние греки использовали ряд приемов для повышения эффективности памяти человека, знали как тренировать и развить память. Эти приёмы получили название мнемоники или мнемотехники.
Это приложение поможет вам в развитии памяти и её тренировке. Благодаря специальным упражнениям вы получите навыки в запоминании чисел, слов и текстов, разовьёте внимание и образное мышление. Благодаря хорошей памяти вы получите возможность быстрее усваивать информацию, сможете ориентироваться в море информации, принимать правильные решения.
Ключевые слова: запоминание развитие памяти улучшение памяти мнемонические приемы. Память развивать. запоминание английских слов. супер память, тренировка памяти
"Spen 5 Box Flashcards" puts the flashcards right in your pocket. You can create edit and study your own flashcards or just take them from your friend and import.
Long-term memory allows us to retail material learnt over a long period of time. It has been noticed that in order to aquire long-term knowledge, you have to periodically come back and re-learn (or repeate) the material.
This app works off of the Leitner flashcard learning method and lets you learn flashcards very efficiently by quizing you just before you forget.(forgetting curve - Ebbinghaus), At first it gives you 24 hours to learn the cards then it starts quizing you in the brain tab.
Leitner's system consists of a cardboard box separated into a number of compartments. The compartments are filled with flashcards and the flashcards are moved from one compartment to another, according to the current level of knowledge. When a flashcard is answered correctly it is promoted to the next compartment. When a flashcard is answered incorrectly it is demoted to the first compartment.
How It Works:
- When studying the flashcards in a given compartment you examine the flashcards sequentially and indicate success or failure.
- All flashcards that were answered correctly are promoted to the next compartment. Flashcards that were not answered correctly are demoted to the first (or top) compartment.
- Flashcards in the top compartment remain in the top compartment if you failed to give the correct answer.
- Flashcards in the bottom compartment remain there if you gave the correct answer.
- A card file is complete when all flashcards are in the lowest compartment. Each flashcard needs to be consecutively answered successfully the same number of times for all flashcards to be in the final (learned) compartment.
The result of the Leitner system is that you are allowed to prioritize your studying, focusing on the flashcards that are troubling you when you are keen and reviewing the easier flashcards when you want a lighter study session.
With the Leitner learning system it is possible to separate the flashcards into distinct groups of your current retention potential. You spend the most time on learning and repeating the flashcards which you don’t know well.
Also by importing pictures in your cards you can use your visual memory to learn anything that you want.
Export & Import:
Export and share your flashcards and study with your friends.
You can create different categories and if necessary any time you can rename/delete/export them or import and add flashcards to existing/new category.
When add new flashcards you can use:
- Multi Window Support
- Multi Instance Support
- SPen Window Support
- Text input and adjustment
- Pen type, pen size, color adjustment
- Change Background
- Import Photos from Cloud-based App and Gallery
- Taking a picture and import
- Portrait and landscape Orientation support
In setting you can change and customize your flashcard showing time and also you can change the daily limitation flashcards to show in each box.
To overview your learning progress you can use the status menu button.
To test yourself, you can change to exam mode (brain tab), it's recommended each 24 hours you test yourself.
The flashcard(s) that moving to higher box isn't showing more; just will be shown before you forget them. (Leitner system)
More Informations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitner_system
Coursera connects you with free online courses from 115+ of the top universities and educational institutions in the world including Stanford, Yale, Princeton and others. Browse our catalog, join courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors. Learn anytime, anywhere, in topics ranging from computer science to cooking and beyond.
Take free courses in subjects such as:
• Computer Programming, including Java, Android Apps and Python languages
• Data Science
• Entrepreneurship, Business, and Leadership
• Finance, Accounting, and Economics
• Machine Learning and Gamification
• Mathematics, including Calculus and Statistics
• Project Management
...and hundreds more.
Download Coursera to make education on your schedule: watch short, modular lectures during your commute, coffee break, or any time of your day.
• Learn from top instructors representing more than 115 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
• Browse over 800 courses in more than 25 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
• On-Demand courses, which let you learn at your own pace
• Stream lecture videos online any time, or download for offline viewing
• Join courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
• Easily pick up where you left off in a course, from the Coursera.org website seamlessly to the mobile app
• Verified Certificates, which prove your course accomplishments, can be supplementarily purchased on Coursera.org
• Courses in 12 languages including over 500 in English, and over 100 in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian
• Subtitles available in all courses' native language, with nearly all offering English subtitles, and other languages when available
Some of our most popular courses include:
• An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Rice)
• An Introduction to Operations Management (UPenn, Wharton School of Business)
• Algorithms (Princeton)
• Android Programming (University of Maryland and Vanderbilt)
• Cryptography (Stanford)
• Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship (University of Maryland)
• Machine Learning (Stanford)
• Model Thinking (University of Michigan)
• Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence (Case Western Reserve)
• Introduction to Finance (University of Michigan)
• R Programming (Johns Hopkins)
• The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (Johns Hopkins)
• Think Again: How to Reason and Argue (Duke)
• Social Psychology (Wesleyan)
On-Demand allows for ultimate learning flexibility in courses such as:
• Age of Jefferson (UVA)
• Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life (Edinburgh)
• Child Nutrition and Cooking (Stanford)
• Chinese for Beginners (Peking University)
• Competitive Strategy (LMU)
• Introduction to Sustainable Development (Columbia)
• Introduction to Public Speaking (Wesleyan)
• Calculus One (The University of Ohio)
• Get Organized: How to be a Together Teacher (Relay Graduate School of Education)
• Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (University of Michigan)
Download the Coursera app today and keep learning without limits.
★ Game-based learning course: an easy start for beginners memrise;
★ Quality courses based on the CEFR;
★ Learning while testing (provides review and consolidation);
★ Native pronunciation at standard or slower speed;
★ A novel way to study Chinese/Mandarin characters/pinyin;
★ Displays Chinese/Mandarin as pinyin or characters or both;
★ Switches easily between simplified and traditional Chinese/mandarin;
★ Learning progress synchronised across iPad, iPhone, iPod touch;
★ Keep new vocabulary and sentence patterns in your long-term memory;
★ Effective and efficient for learners on the go;
Playing for 10 minutes per day significantly increases your memrise of the expansive Chinese language(mandarin) to a conversational level, regardless of whether you have a background in Chinese/Mandarin or not.
What you will be getting out of "Learn Chinese" with no cost:
★ 50+ Chinese/mandarin language conversational topics
★ 150+ Chinese/mandarin grammar structures
★ 200+ sentence patterns
★ 1000+ keywords and phrases
★ 2000+ essential Chinese/mandarin language characters
Lessons that cover:
★ Mandarin Chinese Basics/Pinyin
★ Shopping in China
★ travelling to China (e.g., Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan,suzhou,kunming)
★ Chinese food
★ Chinese/mandarin games
Check out some reviews of "Learn Chinese":
► "I really enjoy this app (avid)! I pay a lot for a Mandarin's beginners class in China suzhou and in three days with this app I learned more. And I used several tools:Pleco, duolingo, edmodo, livemocha, memrise."
► "A great app for students to practice their reading, writing and listening. I am a Chinese/Mandarin teacher(not in China) teaching beginning level of grade 4,5 and 6 in USA. This app has great potential as teaching/reviewing tool for Chinese Mandarin language learners."
► "I use a suite of tools: Nulinuli,avid, Mindsnacks, Brainscape, Pleco, Kunming, Rosetta Stone, memrise, Battery Doctor, Edmodo,Blackboard,Airbnb,HelloTalk,memrise,livemocha,PicsArt. I was very excited to find ChineseSkill. It's definitely become my favorite. It makes a big effort to teach a range of elements. Characters,pinyin, tones, syntax, grammar. And most importantly it has a review feature which is crucial and often missing in language learning. Definitely give ChineseSkill a go."
► "I am an avid user of Duolingo. I felt both intrigued and bad for trying Chinese/mandarin Skills because I thought I was supporting an imitation. Feelings now is that this app definitely imitates duolingo's app but in return offers us a Duolingo like progression of vocabulary and grammar for Mandrin. There will be plenty of demand for such a course and at least such a resource now exists"
► "This is one of the best Mandarin Chinese learning apps out there! It teaches you both important vocabulary and grammar. It is a must have(avid)! Plus, other apps are expensive and still cannot compare to the quality of this app. I live in China suzhou now."
"Learn Chinese" keywords: language,languages,phrase, vocabulary, book, memrise,duolingo, dictionary,kunming, translate, speak, talk, study, lesson, course, travel, china, taiwan, beijing, shanghai, hong kong, free, mandarin, lite
ChineseSkill keywords: dictionary, translator,pinyin, phrase, vocabulary, course, lesson, conversation,avid, learn, translate,hsk,mandarin,China,language,tocfl,Airbnb,livemocha
Travel keywords:china, beijing, shanghai, hong kong, taiwan, macau,xi'an,xian,suzhou,li jiang,kunming
You can translate, collect & memorize words, phrases, idioms and other chunks of language.
Vocabla is like dictionary, that never forgets about your vocabulary.
It can help you learn 300+ English words/month.
How it works:
New English word? Add it to Vocabla. Memorize it.
It's like a game: collect words from your everyday life context or from your professional activities.
Have fun learning new vocab with interactive simple tests.
* You can learn English words using: Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Turkish, Portuguese, Polish. Other language? Learn using English definitions
* Different trainings: Flashcards, Multiple Choice Test
* Library with the best word lists ready to use
* Different levels of lists to learn from: for beginners, intermediate & advanced learners
* You can share lists with other learners
* Your progress stats
* Users ranking
* Custom word translations
* You can learn pronunciation with sound to practice your spoken English. Audio will improve your speaking skills (Go Pro Plan)
* You can synchronize between multiple devices (Go Pro Plan)
Also available on your computer: http://vocabla.com
"If I don't review I might as well not have spent the time learning in the first place. My problem has always been keeping track of what to review and when. Thankfully Revunote with Evernote makes it really easy."
Easy to use:
Step 1: Tag the notes (in Evernote) you want to review
Step 2. Synchronise Revunote
Step 3: Review and swipe the notes
"Revunote lets me review at my convenience - whilst I am commuting or anytime I have five minutes to spare."
Benefits of Revunote:
✔ Implements spaced repetition for you (1, 3, 7, 14, 30, 60 days)
✔ Review your notes anywhere. No need to be at your computer or connected to the internet.
✔ Helps you review actively (by recalling) rather than just passively (by re-reading)
✔ Take advantage of spare moments to review your notes.
✔ No messing about with tags; simply swipe and sync.
✔ No messing about with reports. A single list of all notes due for review.
✔ No need to remember what or when to review... Revunote tells you!
✔ Easy to setup.
✔ Picks out the few notes you need to review from among the 1000s you have.
"We are bombarded with information all the time and its so easy to access that we can fall prey to an 'in one ear, out the other' mindset - even toward things we want or need to remember. Revunote helps me to consciously make choices about what I learn."
Benefits of reviewing:
✔ Valuable knowledge is at your beck and call
✔ Contribute effectively in collaborative situations
✔ Stand out as knowledgable in your chosen field(s)
✔ Spend less time cramming
✔ Study more efficiently
"I did a training course earlier this year. I used Evernote to create some high quality notes and I used Revunote to help that information stick. As a result, my ability to apply what we covered is much improved over what it would have been."
Use it to:
✔ Keep current with professional developments
✔ Review lectures, presentations, training courses
✔ Pick up new skills like football, dance or martial arts
✔ Learn lyrics, poems, quotes or jokes
✔ Acquire languages
For students at school, college or university. For professionals engaged in continuous professional development. For people just interested in developing their hobby. Revunote with Evernote is an essential combination.
- Drives a review cycle at 1, 3, 7, 14, 30, 60 days
- Displays all your notes for review in one place
- Touch to open notes in Evernote
- Swipe to indicate review done
- Synchronises with your Evernote account
- Retains review history in the cloud
- Creates a review tag in your evernote account or synchronises with them if they already exist
- Widget to remind you from your home screen
Note: Revunote is a Free to Trial app (30 days). Thereafter it requires the purchase of an inexpensive key. It has no distracting app-vertising.
It contains a fixed set of cards: the 50 states of the USA. The full version allows you to create and export your own cards from Mnemosyne (at a PC or Mac).