Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit: https://support.signal.org
Source code: https://github.com/signalapp
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
Jul 1, 2022
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
For the most part the app is great! I just really don't like when people don't receive my messages. It's probably more negatively impactful to my life than any other app. People will just not get my texts if they previously installed signal and are not using it anymore. Update: reached out to support wanting to report these issues. Went back and forth a bit, but they don't see it as an important issue. I would avoid this app at all costs. Because who knows what other important bugs there are.
13 people found this review helpful
Show review history
June 9, 2022
It's pretty good. I have a few issues with it though. 1. When somebody calls your phone line while you are on a signal call, it will instantly/automatically disconnect that call. 2. I have been having more problems making calls with the app, as of late. Other than that, it's fantastic. It was a 5 star app but these new and persisting issues are adding some frustration.
466 people found this review helpful
June 9, 2022
Very user friendly. Useful customizations. Overall great! I enjoy the new feature that lets you fully view and reply to messages without actually opening up the app. However, I would like to be able to add a wallpaper/background for my main signal-viewing page, the one that lists all your conversations. Overall that is trivial. I do wish there was a way to name numbers who don't have signal accounts, as my signal currently isn't interfacing with my contacts. :(
265 people found this review helpful
★ Some colors are a little more pastel, some buttons are a little less round, and some outlines have faded away.