Signal is a messaging app with privacy at its core. It is free and easy to use, with strong end-to-end encryption that keeps your communication completely private.
• Send texts, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs, and files for free. Signal uses your phone’s data connection, so you avoid SMS and MMS fees.
• Call your friends with crystal-clear encrypted voice and video calls. Group calls supported for up to 40 people.
• Stay connected with group chats up to 1,000 people. Control who can post and manage group members with admin permission settings.
• Share image, text, and video Stories that disappear after 24 hours. Privacy settings keep you in charge of exactly who can see each Story.
• Signal is built for your privacy. We know nothing about you or who you’re talking to. Our open source Signal Protocol means that we can’t read your messages or listen to your calls. Neither can anyone else. No back doors, no data collection, no compromises.
• Signal is independent and not for profit; a different kind of tech from a different kind of organization. As a 501c3 nonprofit we are supported by your donations, not by advertisers or investors.
• For support, questions, or more information please visit https://support.signal.org/
To check out our source code, visit https://github.com/signalapp
Follow us on Twitter @signalapp and Instagram @signal_app
Nov 27, 2023
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This is a pretty good app overall. I like how you can change the wallpaper on each current that you're on, as well as preset the wallpaper for any NEW chats that you get invited onto and I like how you can change the notification sound for each chat.( I didn't notice is, if you could Customize the wallpaper? If you can't, that would be a fun option). What I would improve is for the messaging to show when the message that you have sent has been seen/read.
8 people found this review helpful
November 29, 2023
App is reliable and works well, but I really wish I had more control of some app behaviors. For example, if I respond with in line notifications, it just begins a running conversation in my notifications. I can see why some might like this but I really wish I just responded and the notification went away like most other sms or messaging apps work. I don't have the option to do this. I also wish that the app would always take me to the "home" screen instead of returning to the last chat I was in.
64 people found this review helpful
December 5, 2023
Signal is an amazing app! I like it way better than what's app. You can message and call others through the app, even when in other countries. Which allows me to keep in touch with friends and family back in the states when I'm traveling abroad. It also has where you can edit your messages after you send them. So, if you misspell something, you are able to fix it. I recommend this app to all my friends and family. And a bonus is, it's not owned by meta. Love this app!
19 people found this review helpful
★ We've added a new way to keep your Signal contacts nice and tidy. This Halloween season, remove the ghost of an old contact by long-pressing on their name in the contact list on the New Chat screen and selecting the "Remove" option.