Signal is a messaging app with privacy at its core. It is free and easy to use, with strong end-to-end encryption that keeps your communication completely private.
• Send texts, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs, and files for free. Signal uses your phone’s data connection, so you avoid SMS and MMS fees.
• Call your friends with crystal-clear encrypted voice and video calls. Group calls supported for up to 40 people.
• Stay connected with group chats up to 1,000 people. Control who can post and manage group members with admin permission settings.
• Share image, text, and video Stories that disappear after 24 hours. Privacy settings keep you in charge of exactly who can see each Story.
• Signal is built for your privacy. We know nothing about you or who you’re talking to. Our open source Signal Protocol means that we can’t read your messages or listen to your calls. Neither can anyone else. No back doors, no data collection, no compromises.
• Signal is independent and not for profit; a different kind of tech from a different kind of organization. As a 501c3 nonprofit we are supported by your donations, not by advertisers or investors.
• For support, questions, or more information please visit https://support.signal.org/
To check out our source code, visit https://github.com/signalapp
Follow us on Twitter @signalapp and Instagram @signal_app
Sep 28, 2023
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
Update: Cannot delete contacts! Refreshing does not recognize when one was deleted by phone. No easy way to know which media is saved to phone and which isn't. I've also requested the important feature of being able to edit and star messages and pin them in groups like in Telegram. Would love a small notepad for each contact too but overall great.
112 people found this review helpful
Show review history
September 3, 2023
Good. Private. Secure. It used to send photos and files without altering their format or resolution. It now does lower the resolution and quality. However, it was updated so that it can be muted for 8 hours to silence at while sleeping or at work. Some of the new options are irritating. I now have to scroll to select all because of options like strikethrough. It's also irritating that when I pull down to refresh, it takes me to an empty page of no chats.
402 people found this review helpful
September 29, 2023
I got this to get away from iMessage when moving to android, and to get rid of the file size limits on mms and the degradation of quality. It has some getting used to but it works well. The video and audio calling is a little buggy, but that may be because of ios to android or something. No ads means this is a 5 star for me.
20 people found this review helpful
★ Chats now open much more quickly, so any conversation about where you're meeting friends for dinner will always sort of be about fast food.