The TriMet Tickets app lets you purchase and use tickets and passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
• Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE RIDER TYPE: Adult, Honored Citizen or Youth
2. CHOOSE FARE: 2.5-Hour Ticket, 1-Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, 14-Day Pass or 30-Day Pass
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later. (A $5 minimum purchase is required.)
4. CHECK OUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
Do I need to be connected?
An internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Activate your ticket before boarding. If you're at a MAX station where fares are required, make sure you activate your ticket (by tapping the "Use" button) before entering the station area. Otherwise, activate your ticket when you see your bus or train approaching. Your ticket must be activated before boarding a vehicle.
• Watch your battery level... Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
• An account is required is to purchase tickets beginning with version 1.7.1181. (Note: Active 2.5 Hour and 1-Day tickets are not retrievable).
Android versions 6.0 and higher. Sorry, the TriMet Tickets app is not available for tablets.
• Note: We can only support unmodified, stock operating systems. Jailbroken and rooted phones are not supported.
• A wi-fi or cell connection is necessary to purchase tickets, but not to use them.
STAY IN TOUCH:
Learn more about TriMet mobile ticketing and sign up for email updates at http://trimet.org/mobiletickets. We'd also love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improving this app: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org