Now, there are already a few similar apps on Play Store, what makes this app unique is:
- Designed for phones and tablets
- Speed, the app is super fast
- Only one click to see the country details
- Countries sorted by GDP by default, no longer Afghanistan is at the top place
- Tabbed interface to quickly switch between continents and categories
- Drawer menu to sort countries by any measurable indicator (GDP, Area, Population etc)
- Compare North vs South Korea or any other two countries side-by-side
- Browse through country flags in grid-mode
- See Guide for fields
Note: this application is not associated with the CIA
This app contains World Factbook as published on https://www.cia.gov as of March 2015.
The World Factbook 2013-14. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency, 2013.
This is free version. Check also World Factbook Pro with reference maps and some other extra features not available in free version.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
Database size is more than 99MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every article you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add articles to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Random article of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
Thoughts, suggestions, noticed something weird? Drop me a line.
* Country profiles and country comparisons
* Both phone and tablet interfaces
* Detailed flags and maps (requires a free Flags & Maps add-on from Play Store: http://goo.gl/WQ7Bcp)
* No ads
* Works completely offline
* The app does requests access to internet to automatically report possible errors or warnings. Of course, if internet is not present it'll continue working.
* It also requires about 15 megabytes of additional space for internal database to be unpacked.
Want to test latest features and help develop this app? Join the beta program and receive latest beta builds: http://goo.gl/9PL1EE
The World Factbook 2014-15. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency (Jan 16, 2014)
- detailed information about 250 countries
- all data available offline - no internet connection required
- reference map for each country
- large country flag with description
Real Photography: Enjoy beautiful daily homepage images and set them as your phone’s wallpaper with one click.
- Sign in to begin earning Rewards for the searches you do in the app (US residents only), and redeem them for gift cards and other prizes.
- Sync your bookmarks across your Bing apps on other devices.
Simple and fast browsing
- Start with the search box and click on a result to open it up in a built-in browser, or go straight to the browser shortcut from the app menu.
- Use multiple tabs
- Take a screenshot, bookmark, or share anything you open in the browser
- Customize Safe Search and privacy settings for safe and worry-free browsing on your phone.
- Use shortcuts in the app menu to access weather, news, trending images quickly.
No necesita conexión a Internet para su funcionamiento
Interfaz amigable al usuario y de rápido acceso a los libros, capítulos y versículos.
Guarde sus versículos favoritos e incluya notas.
Audios Completos, puede descargarlos y escucharlos cuando quiera.
Búsqueda Avanzada de Versículos
Compatibilidad con Tablets
Esperamos que esta aplicación sea de bendición en sus vidas
Feel a compelling connection with your ancestors as you discover the important events and stories of their lives. As your heart turns to them, begin to collect and add your own favorite family memories to the tree for others to enjoy for generations to come. Share your family legacy with others in person or through popular social networks.
• Browse your family branches, and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
• Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
• Easily add new persons and add photos stories and audio about your relatives.
• Take your family tree with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• The app automatically syncs to FamilySearch.org, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
• Store your family branches for free forever, deep within the FamilySearch vaults.
Share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings, and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember of their deceased relatives; then record their stories using the app. Use important moments of your history as teaching aids. Watch how stories of your ancestors’ hardships, endurance, and faith help you become a better person.
FamilySearch Tree is always free and an easy and convenient way to find and share meaningful, heart-turning family stories that will make an impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
• FamilySearch Tree is a mobile companion to FamilySearch.org. Along with making it easy to add photos, stories, and audio recordings to the records of ancestors in the tree, Family Tree now provides for the user to add new persons and edit the vital information for all ancestors in the public tree.
Note: not all countries have all types of maps.
World Factbook app is available free on Play Store:
Pages or scroll view. Page flipping animation.
Table of contents, bookmarks, text search.
Bookmarks on text fragments (comments or corrections) - useful for proof reading.
Export of bookmarks to text file.
Built-in file browser, quick recent books access.
Online catalogs (OPDS) support.
LitRes online book store support.
Text to Speech (TTS) support.
Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes.
Additional fonts support (place .ttf to /sdcard/fonts/)
Support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages; autodetection of TXT file encoding (GBK, Shift_JIS, BIG5, EUC_KR).
Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels).
Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen.
Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color.
Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation.
Dictionary support (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary).
Customizable tap zone and key actions.
Autoscroll (automatic page flipping) - start using menu/goto/autoscroll or assign action Autoscroll on key or tap zone; Change speed using volume keys or bottom-right and bottom-left tap zones; stop - tap any other tap zone or key.
Can read books from zip archives.
Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS.
Select text using double tap (optional).
Similar to FBReader, Aldiko, AlReader, Nook, Laputa, Moon+ reader.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds.
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
CoolReader requires following permissions:
WAKE_LOCK - to control screen backlight
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to access SD card
INTERNET - to use online catalogs
CoolReader is free, open source (GPL), multiplatform project.
Project homepage on SourceForge is http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
To donate this project, you can buy Cool Reader Gold ($10), Silver ($3) or Bronze ($1) Donation package from Market
Includes home screen widgets: one displays detailed connection info, another lets you switch among your favorite networks with a single tap, and yet another toggles WiFi Access Point.
Can scan for and switch to the best network out of several configured.
New and improved:
• "Material design" widgets (version 3.5).
• A UI redesign (version 3.0): modern looking icons, swiping between list and radar views.
• Assign your own descriptions and icons to individual WiFi networks - never forget what that "XYZ1234" network is;
• Switch among your favorite networks with a single tap by using the WiFi Network Switcher widget. It will even enable WiFi if needed.
• "Best network" to switch between different networks you may have around the house or office (off by default, enable in app settings);
• Automatic switching between fixed and dynamic (DHCP) IP addresses (Android Settings in 2.* can't do this);
Some features require that you purchase the $1.75 premium package, available right in the application through Google Checkout (safe, secure).
These features are: advanced per-network options (description, icon, IP address), the one-tap network widget, and two widget themes inspired by Android 5.* (Material Design, since version 3.5).
All the other - essential - features are free: the widget with detailed connection info (four sizes, two free themes), scanning and connecting to networks, the network list view, the network signal radar.
Orders are processed and saved by Google and can be reactivated after a phone reset / flash, or on a new phone.
About requested permissions:
"Change system settings" is needed to switch between fixed and dynamic IP addresses, if configured so.
"Prevent phone from sleeping" is needed so you can enable automatic scanning and discover open networks around you.
"Read USB storage" for notifications about open networks, when enabled, and the sound file is picked from the memory card.
"Market billing service" is needed to make purchases.
Since version 2.5, supports per-network IP address and proxy server settings on Android 3.* / 4.*, included in the free version.
If you have an issue or a question, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (email is also shown in the about box and below).
Also - a visually matching Bluetooth toggle widget. Find it below under "Related" and "Developer Info".
Discover things that you never imagined!
• World Best Facts!
• Share and Send Facts through SMS, WhatsApp.
• Post Content on your Facebook wall.
• Celebrities, Famous Quotes, Human body, Interesting, Nature, Science, Sex, Short jokes, Statistics, Strange laws, World records.
Fora Dictionary should be installed to use this dictionary.
# Articles: 260
Download size: ~ 5 MB
SD-card space used: ~ 5 MB
Install, extract to SD-card and uninstall.
Dictionary Manager > Dictionary > "Delete permanently".
The World Factbook 2009, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
Create a separate profile and use suggestions to browse countries.
This application is ad free and does not require the internet permission.
For the complete list of changes and a list of frequently asked questions, please visit:
You can help to improve the translation into your language at Launchpad:
The source code of this free and open source application is available at:
* Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
* Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
* Create and delete directories (folders).
* Send files by email.
* Acts as an extension to other applications, like GMail, to attach files.
* Support for many file endings and mime types.
* Supports PICK_FILE and PICK_DIRECTORY intents so that other applications can use OI File Manager.
Gestor de fitxers d'OI., OI 파일 관리자, OI ແຟ້ມ ບໍລີຫານ, OI ファイルマネージャー, OI Bestandsbeheer, OI Dateimanager, OI Dosya Yöneticisi, OI Failu pārvaldnieks, OI Fájlkezelő, OI Filbehandler, OI File Manager, OI File Manedyer, OI Gestore File, OI Menedżer plików, OI Správca Súborov, OI Správce souborů, OI ھۆججەت باشقۇرغۇچ, OI مدير پرونده, OI Διαχειριστής Αρχείων, OI Файл-мэнэджар, OI Файлов Мениджър, OI फ़ाइल प्रबंधक, OI ਫਾਇਲ ਮੈਨਿਜਰ, OI文件管理器, مدير الملفات OI, מנהל קבצים OI, 檔案總管
greatly improve your memory. This app has been designed to do just that! In
particular, Memory Trainer works out your spatial and working memory, focus, chunking and concentration skills.
Included: Graphical progress.
Update: Targeted training.
Post your best prints on our Facebook fan page or follow us on Twitter!
update: move to SD
With “Test Your Faith,” the latest quiz from Brain Café, you can test your knowledge of the Bible with the most comprehensive mobile quiz available. Have fun, test your faith, and reconnect with the Lord.
One more unlocked category (IV).
It has been recently scientifically proven that regular mental exercise can significantly improve your memory and this app has been designed to do just that (and be tons of fun as well). In particular, Memory Trainer works out your spatial memory, working memory, focus and concentration skills.
Frequent memory exercises, like the ones in Memory Trainer, help to strengthen and improve your memory.
This was proven in a UCLA study in 2006, published in the American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, which you can read here (http://goo.gl/aiBg). Another benefit of training your memory is that it lowers your risk of Alzheimer's disease. Exercises that keep your mind active, tone your mental muscle and keep your brain healthy. Read more about the link between brain training and Alzheimer's here (http://goo.gl/4AoN).
Memory Trainer helps strengthen your spatial memory.
Spatial memory is the part of memory responsible for recording information about one's environment and its spatial orientation. For example, you use your spatial memory is required when you navigate around a familiar city. You also use this kind of memory when you remember the position of objects as well as visually remembering patterns. By remembering the locations of target tiles in a visual grid, you are actively working out this type of memory when you use Memory Trainer. Scientists think spatial memory is tied to the right hemisphere of the brain.
Daily mental exercise is recommendet for a healthy brain - so use the Memory Trainer as often as possible!
Fixed team facts.
We built N-Back Maestro after reading a scientific study proving that playing the Dual N-Back game, on which we based this app, can measurably increase your fluid intelligence (what you use for problem-solving, learning and pattern recognition).
We took our experience in building world class, genre-leading apps (over 15m downloads) like Memory Trainer and Retro Camera and blended that with a genuine interest in self-improvement to bring you one of the slickest apps on the Market.
You'll love this app. And so will your brain. It would hug you if it could.
This app costs less than a mocha frappucino. What would you say a real opportunity at increasing your intelligence is worth? If you pass on this app, think about that the next time you order a coffee at Starbucks. If you remember.
Now with fact sharing and definable reference country!