Take an audio-guided tour of Global Vipassana Pagoda a Monument of Peace and Harmony as founded and a vision by SN Goenka, constructed in the suburbs of Mumbai, India. It is a symbol of gratitude to Myanmar whose small set of people through the monastic teacher-student tradition, ensured the practical aspect of the teaching, ‘Vipassana’, be preserved its pristine purity since 2500 years.
The Global Vipassana Pagoda has the world’s largest pillar less Stone Dome, it is also the world’s biggest man-made stone Pagoda and one of the tallest Stone monument in the world.
Although in its construction there is no use of steel or cement while interlocking the stones; still architecturally the pagoda has been built to last for thousands of years.
Principal Teacher of Vipassana Meditation- Padma Bhushan awardee most reverend Shri. S. N. Goenkaji conceptualized the Global Vipassana Pagoda as a place where people belonging to all regions, religions of the world can come together to meditate and experience peace within themselves and generate peace and harmony for the entire world.
Visitors and tourists from all across the world come to this Pagoda to know more about Vipassana Meditation and on the life and teachings of Gautam Buddha. They also meditate to find peace, harmony here and feel powerful vibrations emanating from the (corporeal) relics of Lord Buddha that is enshrined here. The Pagoda is also recognized by Maharashtra Government Tourism Department as one of the Seven wonders of Maharashtra.
Features Of The App:
- Take self-guided audio tour of Global Vipassana Pagoda having 25 places of interest, available in 3 languages English, Hindi, Marathi
- Take an audio tour of the 122 paintings in the painting gallery depicting the origin and spread of Vipassana in 3 languages, English, Hindi & Marathi.
- Practice Anapana Meditation in Hindi, English, Marathi.
- Global Vipassana Pagoda Newsletters.
- Online Donations
- Information for Visitors and Getting there