- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ NPR, BBC, and CBC member radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Make your life easier by allowing NPR Station Finder to find the closest NPR radio stations to you. All you need is an AM/FM radio and NPR Station Finder for those long road trips.
Rankings are based on the radio tower location and radiated power.
The app enables you to listen to KQED Public Radio wherever you are — including newscasts, locally produced shows such as Forum and The California Report, and NPR favorites like Fresh Air and All Things Considered — both on demand and via live streaming.
The KQED app also makes it easy to read our popular local blogs including News Fix, Bay Area Bites, MindShift and KQED Arts. There's even an arts events calendar, so you won't miss another '80s zombie movie night in the park.
And because our television programs look dynamite on an Android device, you watch Check, Please! Bay Area, KQED's restaurant review program, while you're waiting for your table to be called. Or QUEST, our exploration of California science and nature in and around the Bay Area, while you're camping!
When you're out and about, the app also helps you keep track of member events and take advantage of KQED Perks. You'll be surprised at how many discounts and special offers are nearby.
KQED Android App overview:
Listen, watch, and read KQED content anywhere you are
Up-to-the-minute national, international, and local news
KQED's award-winning food, arts, and science coverage
On-the-go access to member benefits
Convenient program schedules
Ability to sync phone alarms to KQED Public Radio
A pocket-size Michelle Norris (Alright, we just made that part up. But we'll see what we can do)