You need an USB OTG cable for connecting your camera to your phone.
Not all phones/tablets are compatible. You need at least 4.x Android or higher with USB host support.
For more information check:
Instant Guide to DslrDashboard by Dmitri Popov:
This app is free with no ads so please don't add negative comments just because you ROM don't have the required USB support.
And no it's not only the kernel that needs to have USB support but your Android to. Some of Android 2.3.x have the required USB support but not all, so before you give a negative comment at least check if your ROM supports USB devices (USB accessory support is not enough)
Constructive comments are welcome.
Change camera properties,
Browse images on camera,
Transfer images from camera to Android device,
Preview images (jpg and raw),
Live view histogram,
Manual focus movement while in live view,
Start movie recording (only on camera models that support it),
Custom bracketing (up to 9 images),
Time-lapse (simple and advanced with control file and ability to move focus and send commands to Arduino),
Sound initiated capture (with spectral display and frequency/intensity selector,
Nikon flash commander dialog (CLS) for easy settings (only on camera models that support it),
Custom profiles for camera properties, custom bracketing, focus stacking, flash commander
Remote control over wireless network (Android devices must be on same network)
Support for WU-1a/1b adapter (PTP/IP)
LRTimelapse help screen - read more about it at https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/wiki/lrtimelapse
USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket!
- Wi-Fi support (Nikon WT and Canon WFT modules, Canon 6D, Nikon D7100 etc.)
- Automated focus bracketing (focus bracketing, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting can be combined in any way possible)
- Focus stacking result preview
- Extra long exposures - up to 32 min (all Canon cameras, Nikon D750 / Df / D600 / D610 / D800 / D810 / D4 / D4s / D7100 / D7200 / D5200 / D5300 / D5500)
- Advanced exposure bracketing
- Image review
- Geotagging (on devices with GPS receiver)
- Full screen Live View
- Focus areas highlighting
- Live View noise averaging
- Time lapse shooting
- Video recording
- Burst (continuous) shooting
- Hyper focal distance and DOF calculator
- Live histogram (gray/RGB)
Please see http://heliconsoft.com/heliconremote.html for more information about the desktop version of Helicon Remote
- Android 4.0.3+
- USB host (also called USB OTG) support (USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket). Note that some Android devices have limited USB support. Those will not detect cameras, even if they detect other devices like USB sticks or mice successfully. You can use this app to find out whether your device has full USB OTG support: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tauruslabs.usbhostcheck
- Touch screen
Note: Motorola Droid phones need externally powered USB hub/dock station. Many HTC devices don't have USB host at all.
Canon: 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D C, 1D X, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5DS, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7, 450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6, 700D / T5i / Kiss X7i, 1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F, 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50, 1200D / T5 / Kiss X70
Nikon: D4, D4s, Df, D600, D610, D750, D800/D800e, D810, D810A, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D3, D3s, D3x, D700, D300/D300s, D90 (D3000 - D3300 are not supported).
Video recording: Nikon D5100 / D5200 / D5300 / D5500 / D7000 / D7100 / D7200 / D800 / D810 / D810A / D600 / D610 / D750 / D4 / D4s, Canon 1d Mark IV / 1D X / 1D C / 5D Mark II / 5D Mark III / 5DS / 7D / 7D Mark II / 60D / 70D / 500D / 550D / 1100D / 600D / 650D / 700D / 750D / 760D / 6D / 1200D
Limitations: free (unregistered) version does not allow to shoot in RAW format. A license can be purchased from http://heliconsoft.com or via menu/Register button from within Helicon Remote.
*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
Tilt Calculator finds the tilt given your focal length and distance to the hinge point. No more trial and error focusing with your tilt-shift. Focus where you want it.
With this application you can do this things:
- Calculate the exposure time in a long exposure night photography.
- Calculate the hyperfocal distance in a photograph.
- Shooting stars as points rather than traces
Just enter the data and get results quickly and easily.
One of the necessary data is the circle of confusion. This is a different number for each manufacturer and type of camera. Nikon DSLRs generally have a value of 0.020 and 0.019 for Canon but for sure the value of your camera visit this page:
You can also do a search on the web to get this value.
1)Quick Mode ( with dropdown menus)
2)Manual Mode ( with edit boxes )
Also now supports Custom 1 and Custom 2, user editable custom settings for quick retrieval, ideal for multiple camera setup.
Has option to select teleconverters, automatically corrects focal length and apertures.
Quick Mode, lets user select most common settings using drop down menus for easy, quick and convenient selection.
Manual Mode lets user enter values manually for maximum flexibility and professional users.
Reverse Mode, takes Near Focus and Far Focus distance values and calculates all the possible combination of focal lengths and apertures to achieve the entered values.
Aperture Mode lets user select Camera, Focal length, and Subject Distance, and calculates resultant depth of field against all aperture values.
Supports more than 200 SLRs, DSLRs and Compact Cameras from Canon, Nikon, FujiFilm, Kodak, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung, Sigma, Sony, Four Third System, 35mm Film, Medium Formats, Large Formats, Blackmagic Cinema, Red, Super 16, Super 35, and many more
Last used settings are automatically saved.
SHORT CLICK on text to change its unit (meters, cm, feet, inches, etc)
LONG CLICK on C1 C2 to edit saved values.
This app contains Ads.
With a well-designed, easy to use UI, you can easily configure your shooting parameters and view all the relevant focus information at one place. HyperFocal provides quick setup for calculating hyper-focal distance with depth of focus. It includes an advanced graphical representation of the shooting scene, for a quick & intuitive view of the information.
With the latest update, now you can obtain Angle of View and Field of View values for accurate composition and preparing your photography gear for specific scenarios.
The app can also generates hyper-focal distance table for different f-numbers and lens focal lengths for your camera setup. The app includes a highly configurable hyper-focal distance table generator module to produce customized tables for your camera/lens combinations. You can export hyper-focal distance tables to multiple file formats including html & excel and save/share these for later use.
There is also has a convenient 'profiles' feature, which let you save/re-load shooting parameters. Profiles let you quickly switch between different camera/lens/shooting parameters combinations to save time while switching between your camera gear. You can also save various 'table profiles' to save hyper-focal distance tables for different set-ups.
A comprehensive, regularly updated DSLR database is included to provide support for every DSLRs released till date. The app provides highly accurate results using exact image sensor dimensions for different cameras (most online versions use generic, truncated values of 'circle of confusion'). HyperFocal is designed to ensure availability of advanced configuration options for pro users and serious photographers.
- Sleek, responsive, intuitive user interface.
- Customizable hyperfocal distance table generator.
- Advanced graphical scenario viewer.
- Depth of field / Angle of view / Field of view display.
- Profiles for management of multiple set-ups.
- Easily share, export to multiple file formats.
- Manual circle of confusion / calculate by sensor size.
- Comprehensive DSLR database, regularly updated.
- Complete documentation for technical concepts.
- 100% free, without nagging banners.
We would like to introduce you some poses, style posing with detailed instructions to help you get a beautiful photo.
If you ever run out of ideas, get stuck in creativity or simply need some guidance when photographing people, you can use Photo Poses Guide Application as a "posing cheat sheet".
A pose may be deliberately assumed with gestures and attitudes designedly adapted to mood or position yet that does not preclude candidness such as women poses standing, women poses sitting, women poses lying down, groups of people poses.
Photographers use preparing for and during the photo shoot.
Exclusive tips for Models, Photographers, and Creating Portfolios.
A variety of posing categories are available in Photo Poses Guide App: Children, Couples, Portraits, Women, Men, Groups and Weddings.
Merged in the practical mobile app format, all of the included poses in Photo Poses Guide App come with easy to understand descriptions and expressive hand drawn illustrations.
This is the FREE version of Portrait Photos: including more 80 wonderful portraits for your pleasure!
Wheels are used for selecting aperture, focal length, focus distance and unit of focus distance which makes testing of different settings very fast and simple.
The unit of the calculated results as well as the focus distance can individually can be selected to be m, cm, feet or inch and all last used settings are saved.
If you are missing a camera/sensor or have any other request, contact me and I will help you.
The Nikon Photo Contest, has been held by Nikon Corporation since 1969 to provide an opportunity for photographers around the world, is to nurture an aspirational community that supports photographers and filmmakers who wish to share important stories and influence the way people think through images. For Nikon, with our pledge to be "at the heart of the image", this is a great opportunity to champion new forms of image making, adapting to and embracing these exciting changes in the way people express their passions and beliefs through imagery.
So, just as photography is changing, the 35th Nikon Photo Contest is changing as well. This year for the first time, all categories in photography and video will accept entries from any digital device, including smartphones. The video category will broaden its accepted length to six to 180 seconds, and will have an independent set of judges. This app is to submit the works that are shot by smartphones for the Nikon Photo Contest 2014-2015 during the entry period and to see the entries after the entry period.
This companion app allows the iPad/iPhone to access Canon/Nikon DLSR over an ad-hoc peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network or over a local wireless network.
Wireless camera control
View live viewfinder images on your iPad/iPhone
Wirelessly record videos
Instantly capture & transfer photos to your iPad/iPhone without any wires.
Programable H.D.R. capture
Programable Time Lapse capture
Now, Android App is compatible with new iUSBport CAMERA1 & iUSBport CAMERA2!
We're currently also accepting beta testers for an app based on our popular conceptualization of 'flexible' playlists. Sign up here - http://getwaeo.com/
Check out our blogpost (http://blog.getwaeo.com/post/104391231877/the-start-of-something-beautiful) to get the drift.
Lenx is a clean, intuitive interface that generates long exposure photographs on your smartphone. It is as easy as shooting a video. Create pro shots & ghosting effects easily!
With Lenx, you can share your shots to Instagram or choose from a myriad sharing options (displayed after capture is complete, on the preview screen) to showcase your creativity on social media of your choice!
This free software version (2.0) is completely free of ads and has the following features
● After numerous requests from our community of users, we have finally rolled out a feature for higher frame rate. This will make your exposures more real time and closer to analog quality if used with stabilizing supports. Get it as an in-app purchase from the Settings option (listed as 2x FPS) on the main screen! - Lenx Pro
● Lenx LIVE : Now get live preview of the image while taking the shot.
● Timer support
● Auto focus support
● Front camera support
● Exposure level control
● Zoom (during capture as well)
● High/Low resolution support
● Instant sharing
● Landscape mode
● Zoom/Pan on generated image
Some of the screenshots that are listed are provided by our users and we thank them for helping us to promote this app.
● You can vary exposure during the shot which would give you better control.
● Zoom can be varied to get 3D motion effects as if the object were coming out of the screen.
● Best used in low light conditions, this app can be used to take bright quality photographs. Set high exposure and capture the shot for around 2-3 seconds.
● Stabilize your phone for better shots. Excessive shake can result in ghosting, which might at times give cool output, but many-a-times just introduces weird blurs.
● Focus on your light subject to prevent saturation from other sources.
We are hard at work to incorporate good image stabilization algorithms into Lenx. Look out for further updates!
● Crashes on Sony Xperia series while using front camera.
● Rotor UI loses structure on Samsung Galaxy devices.
● We are always on the lookout for beta testers of our later app versions. Interested user drop us a mail. Include your device name with Android OS version.
Le fotografie condivise dagli autori, attraverso le azioni dei visitatori del sito ricevono un punteggio che tiene in considerazione diversi parametri di gradimento.
Attraverso questa APP abbiamo il piacere di condividere le migliori opere di ogni autore il tutto corredato da dati di scatto, dati sul dispositivo utilizzato e dall'opportunità di commentare e colloquiare con il fotografo.
- Easiest to use remote control
- Trigger on sound
- Timing features
* shutter speed
* delays between photos
* bracketing (for HDR photographing)
- Works in background
★ In addition:
- Take pictures at night: Shutter speed calculator helps you get longer exposure times than what is possible with your camera
- Best possible pictures: Golden time viewer - know the exact time frame to take amazing photos, taking the weather into account
- Easy macro photography with Depth of field calculator
★ Works with
- Samsung phones and tablets with a built-in IR
- LG (at least with LG G3s D724)
★ Supported cameras:
- Nikon, Canon, Pentax
- Fuji, Minolta, Olympus and Sony (beta)
NB! In power saving mode or with an almost empty battery the IR sender might not work.
If this app doesn't work with your phone and camera, feel free to e-mail me.
If you enable GPS and internet access then Photo Journal will also tag your pictures with a location and address, so that you can view them on a map.