New City Catechism is based on and adapted from Calvin's Geneva Catechism, the Westminster Shorter and Larger Catechisms, and especially the Heidelberg Catechism.It is divided into 3 parts to make it easier to learn in sections and to include some helpful divisions:
PART 1 = God, creation and fall, law (20 questions);
PART 2 = Christ, redemption, grace (15 questions);
PART 3 = Spirit, restoration, growing in grace (17 questions).
New City Catechism is a joint project between Redeemer Presbyterian Church and The Gospel Coalition.
- displays the catechism question according to the current week for the year in a mobile friendly way
- choose between ESV or NIV bible verse
- the adult version contains a longer answer to the weekly question, bible verse, commentary and prayer on the topic from a historical preacher (e.g. Augustine, Edwards, Spurgeon, Wesley, etc.), suggested reading and a short video teaching from a modern preacher (e.g. Don Carson, Mark Dever, Timothy Keller, John Piper, etc.)
- the child version displays a shorter answer, the bible verse, a cut down prayer and a relevant children's song
- can move back and forward through the questions
- lists all the questions on one page
- swipe from the left of screen to open up the menu; or press the button on the top left
- can move app to SD Card
- basic pinch to zoom
- default settings for which version to display on load
- can set when you want to start from Question 1
Official New City Catechism site can be found here: http://www.newcitycatechism.com
A mobile friendly website that I made can be found here: http://ncc.ampers.x10.mx
Prayer list includes:
* The Lord’s Prayer
* Hail Mary
* Glory be to the Father
* The Apostle's Creed
* The Nicene Creed
* Queen of heaven
* Parent's Prayer
* A Guide for Confession
* Prayer to our Guardian Angel
* Pater noster (The Lord’s Prayer)
* Ave Maria (Hail Mary)
* Gloria Parti (Glory be to the Father)
* Credo in Deum (The Apostle's Creed)
* Evening Prayer
* Te Deum
* Evening Prayer of St Augustine
* and many other...
- copy prayer to clipboard by long pressing text
- create your own list of favorite prayers
- change prayer backgronud for day or night praying
- change font size
If you download this app and like it, please leave us a kind review and rating. Thanks.
I'm open to suggestions so don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you find something is missing.
Feel free to post a comment with request for prayers that I will try to add in update.
Mobile prayer book
1. The Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
2. The Belgic Confession (1561)
3. The canons of Dordt (1619)
4. The Westminster Confession of Faith (1647)
5. The Westminster Shorter Catechism (1647)
6. The Westminster Larger Catechism (1647)
7. Catechism of The Church of Geneva (1541)
8. Der Heidelber Catechismus (1563)
This apps contain :
Chapter 1. The Apostolic Fathers
Chapter 2. The Apologists
Chapter 3. Jewish Christianity and Gnosticism
Chapter 4. The Anti-Gnostic Fathers
Chapter 5. Alexandrian Theology
Chapter 6. Monarchianism: The Trinitarian Problem
Chapter 7. Arianism: The Council of Nicaea
Chapter 8. Athanasius: The Formation of the Trinitarian Doctrine
Chapter 9. The Christological Problem
Chapter 10. The Development of the Concept of the Church
Chapter 11. Augustine
Chapter 12. The Controversy on Augustinianism to the Synod of Orange, 529
Chapter 13. The Transition from the Early Period to the Medieval Period; Gregory the Great
Chapter 14. Carolingian Theology
Chapter 15. The Lord’s Supper in the Early Middle Ages
Chapter 16. The Doctrine of Penance in the Early Middle Ages
Chapter 17. The Older Scholasticism
Chapter 18. High Scholasticism
Chapter 19. Late Scholasticism
Chapter 20. The Medieval Mystics
Chapter 21. Luther
Chapter 22. Melanchthon
Chapter 23. Zwingli
Chapter 24. Calvin
Chapter 25. Reformed Theology to and Including the Synod of Dort, 1618–19
Chapter 26. Reformation Theology in Lutheran Areas to the Formula of Concord, 1577
Chapter 27. The Formula of Concord
Chapter 28. The Counter-Reformation: Roman Catholic Theology
Chapter 29. Reformation and Post-Reformation Theology in England
Chapter 30. Lutheran Orthodoxy
Chapter 31. Pietism
Chapter 32. The Enlightenment
Chapter 33. Nineteenth-Century Developments
Chapter 34. The Theology of the Early 20th Century; Contemporary Trends
At anytime you can purchase the complete Word of Promise® Audio Bible Old & New Testament which includes the complete NKJV text.
Behind the Audio:
The Word of Promise Bible is a scripted dramatization of the trusted New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible presented in a compelling, dramatic audio theater format. The project features the talents of Hollywood actors including Michael York (narrator), Academy Award winner Richard Dreyfuss (Moses), SAG Award winner Gary Sinise (David), Jesse McCartney (young David and Daniel), Golden Globe Award winner Stacy Keach (Paul and Job), Ernie Hudson (Peter), Sean Astin (Elihu), Malcolm McDowell (Solomon), Joan Allen (Deborah), Lou Diamond Phillips (Mark), Luke Perry (Judas), Harry Hamlin (Nehemiah), Jim Caviezel (Jesus), and Martin Jarvis (voice of God). Complete with production by AFTRA Award winner Carl Amari (The Twilight Zone™ Radio Dramas), an original music score by prolific Italian composer Stefano Mainetti (Abba Pater & The Shooter), and movie-quality sound effects produced, engineered, and mixed at Cerny American Creative in Chicago—an award-winning facility ranked in the Top 3 in the nation for sound design headed by director JoBe Cerny. The paid version contains over 90 hours of audio.
**** If you experience issues with audio playback try changing the audio format to ogg from the menu->general settings page. ****
The underlying question is, "How can a body of believers be ready to face the most severe test of all time, described in the Scriptures as the time of Jacob's trouble, if it cannot uphold the fundamental law of the universe in smaller tests?" This is not to criticize or accuse but to be realistic about the importance of today's "quizzes" and their purpose in the preparation for tomorrow's final test.
Certainly that test will reveal who constitute the "dross" and who make up the "gold" when the world situation gets hot. Loyalty is at issue here, and what is coming will show where everyone's loyalty lies–in reality. There won't be any hiding it then, so now is the time to practice complete honesty and transparency in the quizzes. Divinity linked with humanity is how the great Redeemer overcame the wicked one, and it's the same now.
However, unity is in a much higher level than cooperation. The Christian Unity should be built on the foundation of the “One Faith”. Thus began the theological discussions between the Churches.
This book in your hands is a step in this theological discussion between our brethren the Protestants and us.
H.H. Pope Shenouda III, Coptic Pope of the Patriarch of the See of St. Mark
Please, follow me on twitter @Christservant10 to get updates about the new books
This application has over 4100 of our most frequently asked questions about the Bible organized by topic, with a built-in search function, the ability to select favorite articles for easier future access, the ability to easily download new/updated articles, and the option to ask us a question if the answer to your question is not already available in the app.
From Spurgeon's introduction:
I am persuaded that the use of a good Catechism in all our families will be a great safeguard against the increasing errors of the times,and therefore I have compiled this little manual from the Westminster Assembly's and Baptist Catechisms, for the use of my own church and congregation. Those who use it in their families or classes must labour to explain the sense; but the words should be carefully learned by heart, for they will be understood better as years pass.
May the Lord bless my dear friends and their families evermore, is the prayer of their loving Pastor.
C. H. Spurgeon
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15
The Reformation Study Bible is built on the advanced AcroBible software for Android. AcroBible offers may powerful features including:
* Fast keyword, phrase, and wildcard search
* Highlight verses in multiple colors
* Personalize verses with your own notes
* Free translations: KJV, ASV, WEB, YLT, Darby, RVA, LSG, Thai KJV, AA (optional downloads)
* Free commentaries: Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Scofield Notes (optional downloads)
* Free devotionals: Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Light on the Daily Path (optional downloads)
* Free study tools: Easton's Bible Dictionary, KJV with Strong's numbers, Greek NT, Thompson Topics, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (optional downloads)
* Web backup of notes and highlighting
* Direct, two-way Web synchronization
* Split screen view
* Verse tagging
When you synchronize your notes and highlighting with our free on-line Bible, your uploaded data serves as a backup copy. If your device is damaged, lost or you buy a new one then you can easily download all your notes and highlighting from the on-line copy.
Using two-way synchronization, you can create your notes and highlighting on your phone or from your desktop and have them in both places regardless of how you created them. Whether you are at home entering notes with the convenience of a desktop computer or at church jotting down sermon notes, synchronization delivers your personal data where ever you need it.
Our free on-line Bible application (www.iBibleSpace.org) provides the access to your notes and highlighting from the desktop. The iBibleSpace site also offers other free tools such as a devotional, commentary, and a personal journal.
Requires 4MB of additional storage on memory card.