Note: If you are not already signed up for WSO2 Device cloud please register via http://wso2.com/iot/cloud/
WSO2 Device Management Agent Key Features
- Supports app management - Device location tracking - Retrieving device info - Changing lock code - Restricting camera - OTA WiFi configuration - Enterprise WIPE - Configuring encryption settings - Pass code policy configuration and clear pass code policy - Device master reset - Mute device - Ring device - Send messages to device - Install/uninstall store and enterprise applications - Retrieve apps installed on the device - Install Web clips on the device - Support FCM/LOCAL connectivity modes - App Catalog app to browse the store. - Support for custom alerts. - Advanced WiFi Profiles. - Improved support for OEMs
This WSO2 Device Management Agent app requires access to certain administrator functions on your device. Here is a list of those administrator functions and why access is required for each of them:
-Erase All Data: This permission is required to enable you to remotely use the factory data reset option.
- Change the Screen Lock: This permission is required to allow you to remotely change your screen lock type.
- Set password rules: This permission is required to allow you to remotely set password rules to your device.
- Monitor screen unlock attempts: This permission is required to allow you to detect unlock attempts on your device with incorrect passwords and to enable factory resetting of your device if the number of unlock attempts are exceeded.
- Lock Screen: This permission is required to allow you to remotely lock the screen of your device.
- Set screen lock password expiration: This permission is required to allow you to remotely set an expiration time for your screen lock password.
- Set storage encryption: This permission is required to allow remote encryption of your device storage.
- Disable cameras: This is required to for you to remotely allow/disallow camera usage on your device.
You will be prompt to Activate Device Admin after registering your device with WSO2 Device cloud and by clicking "Activate" you consent to this App having access to the above administrator functions on your device.
You can revoke your consent anytime by Opening WSO2 Device Management Agent app and click on Unregister or by going to Settings ->Security -> Device Administrators and Deactivate WSO2 Device Management Agent.
All remote operations can only be triggered from the Device Management Console in the WSO2 Device Cloud and can only performed by authorized user.
All data send to the WSO2 Device cloud only accessible to authorized user and can be permanently remove if needed.
- Added disclaimer for device administrator permission usage