This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time.
XCSoar TE is an alternative version, that was created to include certain features that are not included in the official version:
- Flarm radar dialog
- Streamlined configuration dialog
- Sensible default settings
- Advanced drivers for Volkslogger and LX1600
You can still download "No Horizon" but it is no longer being maintained. Please try Top Hat!
I do not fly a paraglider myself (I've never even seen one) and have no intuition as to what paragliders want or require from a gliding computer. I am releasing these slightly modified versions in the hope that it may spur a group of paragliders to take matters into their own hands. I am hoping that such a group will clone the tree from xcsoar.org, make the changes that they desire, and then submit the patches back to that project. Paralgliders, take up the challenge!
IGCBrowser shows your track and task waypoints on a map or satellite image. Other views provide detailed file information and an altitude chart.
All IGC files are supported from loggers or applications that comply to the Technical Specification for GNSS Flight Recorders from the FAI. Tested with files created by SeeYou, XCSoar and flight recorders like LX7007.
Google maps is used to show the corresponding maps. These maps are loaded from the Internet and increase your 3G or WIFI data usage. The Internet connection is only required if you want to show maps or satellite images with your flight.
This application contains no advertising. Do not hestitate to contact me for questions or suggestions.
On the wishlist are the following features (work in progress):
- Display airspace
- Extended flight analysis (triangle / DMST / OLC / etc.)
Have a look and enjoy your nice flights again!
Google map is available, software marks your position on the map during the flight.
This software is designed for devices with barometric sensor and gps sensor. But it will also run on devices with just a GPS sensor. You can use your device as real variometer. Barometric sensor will give you more accuracy and make software a real variometer for your paraglider.
This software allows you to record igc file directly to the sdcard.
Flightlog file path is \\sdcard\variolog
Green needle shows wind direction.
You can change vario,filter settings and pilot profile from settings button.
Default and optimum filter dumper level is 8.
Alt+ and Alt- is altitude offset
Devices which supports barometric sensor :
Also you may check my offline map vario app from:
Paraglider Dashboard calculates wind speed and wind direction while in the air.
Display of wind triangle, tachometer, map with airspaces, variometer and more.
All important flight data is constantly shown in the info boxes.
Slide through the following Views:
* Map with airspaces and track
* Speed vectors (basis of wind calculation)
* Overview with all views (except map)
* Infoboxes with all important flight data
* GPS based Variometer (optional)
* Show past flights in a logbook
* Calculate wind triangle for different wind situations
* Set destination in map by simple long touch or select from a waypoint list
* Display of arrival time at destination taking current wind into account.
* Load airspaces in OpenAir format
* Save track as (unsigned) IGC-file
* Build-in help pages
* Simulation mode to replay IGC-files
* Metric and imperial units
* Altitude display in meter, feet or both alternating
With glove control switched on, you can control the app without using the touch screen (e.g. while wearing gloves).
A menu which is controlled by the proximity sensor allows this trick.
Just hovering the hand over the device lets the menu pop up and scroll through the available functions.
When releasing the hand again, the currently highlighted function is executed.
Why are the permissions needed:
* GPS Location: Now, that's obviously needed.
* Prevent from sleeping: Device should not switch off in midair.
* Internet access: Needed exclusively for Google Maps.
* USB storage: For saving IGC-files when closing app.
About the author:
I am flying a powered paraglider and developed this app tailored to my own needs. Feel free to contact me, if you have ideas for improvements or enhancements.
It does what the name sais with the following features:
- Altimeter with altivariometer indication the vertical speed acoustic and in a classical scale (+- 5m/s or +- 10 feets/s)
- It can speak the vertical speed, so it is cool for audio only
- It has tracking/recording of the flights in icg file so you can download and post the track to various sites
- Last thermal point inside the compass
- Wind direction
- Last X (configurable - default 10) seconds altitude gain/lost
- Flight duration
- History of the tracks recorded with (max altitude, start end altitude, max min vertical speed, etc)
- 'Look around' feature to get from the internet the paragliding places around your location
- Lots of settings capabilities
- User manual at http://avario.co.nf/
It provides :
- Airspaces display and alarm
- Vario (only if barometer is available)
- GPS Tracer
- Trace chart and review
- Live tracking (Leonardo Live)
- Paragliding points of interest
- Weather informations
- Barometer support (very first beta)
- Open Street Map support (with offline support)
The user can share his data to other users of the application.
Please give me a feedback about bug or feature request or new datapack needed.
Paragliding, hanglider, delta, parapente, spot, paraglide, hang glide
Forecast and check current wind conditions in the Pacific Northwest. More parts of the country (and the world) coming soon!
Ideal for kiteboarding, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, snowkiting and paragliding.
- Swipe left and right on wind graphs to go backward or forward a day
This application is done for gliding people who want to see other pilots in a map. Pretty useful when you are not sure about the weather conditions or when you want to locate your friends, husband or wife on a map.
How does it work: It simply sends your own position to other users, and they show specific icons on the map.
Privacy: no personal information is send (except for a nickname, the GPS position and the glide type).
You need an internet 3G connection (illimited ?) and also a GPS on your phone.
This application is done for:
- air balloon
Using speech instructions you can enjoy your course and listen simply to direction informations (like known from car navigation devices) or your climb/decline rate using beep tones just like a real variometer or view your track in real time. Additionally Google Earth is now supported (KML-File), to send (via email) and view your tracks offline on your home PC... .
The latest version supports (2.5.5) also the hydrostatic sensor (barometer), so the climb rate will be calculated based on ‘true’ air pressure like real variometer’s do.
This option will be additionally available, if your mobile
phone contain this particular sensor, otherwise Gps-based or phone acceleration sensor based calculation take place.
Feel free and enjoy your lifestyle.
Please read the short usage hints under:
- Several Fixes
- Fixes for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Barometer manuell correction added (first option in menu 'more')
2.5.6 - 2.5.9
- Add sea level calibration for barometer
- Barometer finetuning, more sensors, UI revised
- Add the hydrostatic sensor (barometer) to calculate the vertical speed (climb rate) based on ‘true’ air pressure
- Fix UI problems on larger screens
- Revise and polish complete UI
- Add realtime view of track position in online-mode
- Add route and track management
- Track view offline in the app
- Add Google Earth support to view tracks and several sensor informations offline on your PC
- Add send Tracks (KML-File) via Email
Currently supported features:
* Navigation for both XC flights & PG competitions
* FAI assistant
* Online-contest track optimization during flight
* Thermal assistant
* Wind computing
* Fully customizable display and automatic behaviour of the application to minimize necessary in-flight user interaction.
* Creates signed IGC tracklog file recognised by XContest server
* One-click IGC upload to XContest server
* Available in English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Catalan, Romanian, Slovak and Czech language
More from developer
You need waypoints, airspaces and a map file on the SD card. Read the manual for installation instructions (http://www.xcsoar.org/ ).
This release is a preview for the upcoming version 6.7. At this point, it may still have critical bugs and may be unreliable.
Report problems in our bug tracker: http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket
This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time. New developers welcome.
We cannot answer questions in PlayStore comments. If you want to contact us, we have a forum.
The Android port is experimental, incomplete and unstable.