XCSoar TE is an alternative version, that was created to include certain features that are not included in the official version:
- Flarm radar dialog
- Streamlined configuration dialog
- Sensible default settings
- Advanced drivers for Volkslogger and LX1600
If the app crashes immediately on start, try to Stop GooglePlayServices in the Application Manager and restart your device.
Otherwise feel free to drop me an email.
Powerful, easy to use app especially for (powered) paragliders which can even be operated while wearing gloves (see below for details).
Paraglider Dashboard calculates wind speed and wind direction while in the air.
Display of wind triangle, tachometer, map with airspaces, variometer and more.
All important flight data is constantly shown in the info boxes.
Slide through the following Views:
* Map with airspaces and track
* Speed vectors (basis of wind calculation)
* Overview with all views
* Infoboxes with all important flight data
* GPS based Variometer (optional)
* Show past flights in a logbook
* Calculate wind triangle for different wind situations
* Set destination in map by simple long touch or select from a waypoint list
* Display of arrival time at destination taking current wind into account.
* Load airspaces in OpenAir format
* Save track as (unsigned) IGC-file
* Build-in help pages
* Simulation mode to replay IGC-files
* Metric and imperial units
* Altitude display in meter, feet or both alternating
With glove control switched on, you can control the app without using the touch screen (e.g. while wearing gloves).
A menu which is controlled by the proximity sensor allows this trick.
Just hovering the hand over the device lets the menu pop up and scroll through the available functions.
When releasing the hand again, the currently highlighted function is executed.
Why are the permissions needed:
* GPS Location: Now, that's obviously needed.
* Prevent from sleeping: Device should not switch off in midair.
* Internet access: Needed exclusively for Google Maps.
* USB storage: For saving IGC-files when closing app.
About the author:
I am flying a powered paraglider and developed this app tailored to my own needs. Feel free to contact me, if you have ideas for improvements or enhancements.
Main supported features:
* FAI assistant
* Online-contest track optimization during flight
* One-click flight upload to XContest server
* full featured device for competition flying
* Thermal assistant
* Airspaces support - including automatic updates from http://airspace.xcontest.org
* Terrain map
* Wind computing
* Fully customizable display
* Automatic actions to minimize in-flight user interaction.
XCTrack development is supported by donations. Please donate to help us keep up the development.
The app has been developed and tested on a Samsung Galaxy™ S4 and is expected to run also on equivalent devices starting from Android™ 3.1, for example Google™ Nexus 5.
Be aware that some smartphone models, typically cheaper or older ones, use different audio circuits that work only with propietary equipment. This can make a direct connection of the speed sensor impossible.
Before using AS Sensor you should be familiar with XCSoar and configure the related XCSoar driver and port, see screenshots.
XCSoar can be started automatically or manually. Afterwards AS Sensor runs in background and transfers one speed sample per second to XCSoar.
Calibration with GPS speed is supported, of course you will need calm weather and as many samples as possible should be collected for different speeds. For the original sensor type this is normally not needed.
It might be possible to use a 3.5 mm PC microphone / headset adapter for smartphones from Amazon, however the many different connection schemes of these cables often cause problems. Therefore I recommend that you assemble the adapter by your own (or ask a friend).
When you start the app for the first time, the information page is displayed. Please read it and confirm the disclaimer checkbox on this page. After that you can use the app.
It does what the name sais with the following features:
- Altimeter with altivariometer indication the vertical speed acoustic and in a classical scale (+- 5m/s or +- 10 feets/s)
- It can speak the vertical speed, so it is cool for audio only
- It has tracking/recording of the flights in icg file so you can download and post the track to various sites
- Last thermal point inside the compass
- Wind direction
- Last X (configurable - default 10) seconds altitude gain/lost
- Flight duration
- History of the tracks recorded with (max altitude, start end altitude, max min vertical speed, etc)
- 'Look around' feature to get from the internet the paragliding places around your location
- Lots of settings capabilities
- User manual at http://avario.co.nf/
IGCBrowser shows your track and task waypoints on a map or satellite image. Other views provide detailed file information and an altitude chart.
All IGC files are supported from loggers or applications that comply to the Technical Specification for GNSS Flight Recorders from the FAI. Tested with files created by SeeYou, XCSoar and flight recorders like LX7007.
Google maps is used to show the corresponding maps. These maps are loaded from the Internet and increase your 3G or WIFI data usage. The Internet connection is only required if you want to show maps or satellite images with your flight.
This application contains no advertising. Do not hestitate to contact me for questions or suggestions.
On the wishlist are the following features (work in progress):
- Display airspace
- Extended flight analysis (triangle / DMST / OLC / etc.)
Have a look and enjoy your nice flights again!
Attached images provide some documentation for the various screens available in the app.
Note that the first time the app starts it will spend some time preparing the database. The next startup the app will start much faster.
In this app you can:
* Schedule flights and fetch schedule for flights at takeoffs.
* See nearby takeoffs or explore takeoffs and airspace on a map.
* See details about each takeoff.
* Fetch NOAA forecast for each takeoff.
* Get directions to the takeoffs.
The excellent airspace map was created by Hans Cato Grytnes, more details can be found at his page at http://www.grytnes-it.no/pg/luftrom/. Do note that the map may contain errors, or simply be outdated (the map will not be automatically updated, a new release is required). Please refer to the AIP for accurate airspace information.
Improvements and suggestions are welcome.
This is an Open Source project, and the source code can be found here: https://github.com/canidae/FlyWithMe
With this app you can broadcast your position in Realtime on www.Livetrack24.com.
Use it for Livetrack and also for monitoring your friends in Real Time.
- Live Tracking
- Live Radar
- LiveTrack24 account handling
- Group Monitor
Full List of features
- LiveTrack24 account handling.
- Wind speed and direction gauges.
- Up to 95% live data compression.
- Automatic economy and emergency transmit modes.
- Can be used as a simple GPS device, giving speed/altitude/course readings
- Enhanced connection.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
We've also added support for US task rules and one of the ways we've simplified the interface is to allow the user to set their nationality -- this way, when creating tasks, only the options for their country are shown, making the process faster and easier. This includes TAT, AT and MAT tasks.
Replay your recorded flights.
Integrated Offline Map Creator:
Create your offline maps with the new PPGpS Offline Map Creator.
Prepare your flight maps at home and use them where you don't have access to internet during the flight.
-Real time flight information
-Wind direction and speed estimation
-Takeoff and Landing phases auto-detection
-Return home information (display estimated travel time and bearing)
-Fuel calculation and warning
-Emergency geo-localized SMS
-Localization with GPS
-Barometric sensor support to improve altitude accuracy
-QHN, QFE Altimeter setting
-Online and offline maps
-Offline maps creator
-Google Maps and OpenStreetMap map providers
-Log flights in KML (for Google Earth) and IGC (Leonardo servers) files
-Replay recorded flights
-Especially developed for Paramotor
-Embedded User Manual and Tip of the day feature.
-Real time flight tracking on www.ppgps.info
PPGpS can display Google or OpenStreetMap maps in connected mode.
Download map files in your smartphone in case you don't have an internet connection during the flight.
Use the integrated PPGpS Offline Map Creator to generate offline maps.
PPGpS provides the altitude, vario, bearing, magnetic compass, acceleration and ground speed.
With just one click on instruments you switch easily between different data modes : instantaneous, average and maximum values.
Altimeter can be set to actual altitude or elevation (QHN, QFE) just by longpressing on the altimeter.
If your smartphone has a barometric sensor, it could be used to compute a very accurate altitude.
Create waypoints by tapping on the map or by entering their GPS coordinates.
Select a waypoint with one click on the waypoint instrument (WPT).
Rename or remove a waypoint from the contextual menu of the waypoint list.
Follow the displayed route (bearing, estimated travel time and distance).
Prepare your waypoints from Google Earth and import your KML files (PPGpS folder in the phone).
Waypoints may be automatically loaded at startup and saved at the end of the session.
In case your KML file doesn't import well, please send me the file and I will fix it quickly.
*WIND AND SPEEDS HUD:
The average ground speeds are graphically displayed for every azimuth.
The wind direction is displayed (red arrow) and may be reset at any time during the flight.
Home direction and Estimated Travel Time to return home is always displayed (shaded red line).
Computations are done according to the wind for accurate results.
Enable the Live Tracking feature to allow your friends and family to see you live on map ! Go to www.ppgps.info for more details.
Launch the Demonstration mode to have a quick tour.
Missing features in the Lite version:
-Log flights in KML/IGC format
-QNH/QFE altimeter setting
-The annoying popups are removed in the Full version
Thanks for trying it, and if it fits your needs please consider upgrading to the full version.
Find us at www.facebook.com/ppgps
Enjoy your PPG flights with PPGpS and thank you for your feedback.
Don't hesitate to send me your flight kml logs by mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
It provides :
- Airspaces display and alarm
- Vario (only if barometer is available)
- GPS Tracer
- Trace chart and review
- Live tracking (LiveTrack24)
- Paragliding points of interest
- Weather informations
- Barometer support (very first beta)
- Open Street Map support (with offline support)
The user can share his data to other users of the application.
Please give me a feedback about bug or feature request or new datapack needed.
Paragliding, hanglider, delta, parapente, spot, paraglide, hang glide
App for Paragliders and Hanggliders.
-Display data from the FlyNet variometer sent via a Bluetooth.
-BEEP like a real variometer.
-Display sensor data contained in the mobile phone itself (GPS, compass).
-Display positions of other users who are flying in the same area.
-Display all detected thermal currents.
-May vibrate instead of beeping.
-Flight directly recorded on FlyNet Track (Data may be stored on the device too and send on FlyNet track later).
-Flight exportable in IGC or kml from FlyNet Track
-View live or old flights through Google Earth.
-Configurable user interface.
The FlyNet app is composed by three screens :
-Control screen : Use this screen to configure the system.
-Map screen : Displays the main flight parameters (altitude, vertical and horizontal speed), the compass and geographic data (positions, relative heights and intensities of thermal currents and positions of other pilots) via the interactive map.
-Data screen : Displays the main parameters, secondary parameters and detailed statistics of the flight (time, flight duration, distance travelled, current flight statistics, instant GPS position).
More information on www.asinstrument.ch
Vario functions are only supported on devices with barometer hardware. This new feature is in beta test, please post on our forum with your feedback.
This application is completely free, but there is an optional "donate" button. If you can afford to do so, please donate to support further development.
Please post feedback/see release notes/product plans in our forum: "Menu->About->Support"
ParaJournal is compatible with all devices running Android 4.0 or higher, and was designed by a pilot, with the needs of a pilot in mind. As we often travel abroad, all logbook functions with the exception of the map, can be used offline. The darker theme used on the user interface aims at saving battery power to stretch your device use when a power outlet is not always nearby. Interface has been optimized for different screen sizes.
* Flight logbook
- Total flying time and flight time excluding ridge soaring flights
- Flight time per paraglider/hangglider
- Yearly average flying hours
* Flight records
- Max altitude
- Max distance
- Longest flight (Both time and distance)
- Counters for your XC flights over 20km, over 50km, etc...
* Automatically create flights from your GPS's IGC files
- Import IGC by opening it from email attachment, or anywhere in android using a file explorer, or directly from within ParaJournal
* When creating a flight from an IGC, your flight path is plotted on an interactive full screen map
- An experimental distance calculator has been added as well, this is still very slow on longer flight, but will be improved!
- You can now also open your flight in Google Earth on your phone, to view it in 3D! (Google Earth required)
* Order your flights by date, location and more.
* Backup and restore your flights to and from the SD card when changing devices
POSSIBLE FUTURE IMPLEMENTATIONS:
* Share paragliding/hang gliding flight details to other apps (FB, G+, etc.)
* History of reserve repacks
* History of wing inspections
* Cloud storage, and synching between devices
Spend more time paragliding / hang gliding, and less time doing admin!
Thanks to Etienne Coupez, Jamie Glendinning and Mariusz Kopacki and others for Beta testing
Any problems or questions? Email me! Great care has been taken to ensure this app runs stable on all supported devices. Should you have a crash PLEASE report it. Thanks!
The Android port is experimental, incomplete and unstable.
You need waypoints, airspaces and a map file on the SD card. Read the manual for installation instructions (http://www.xcsoar.org/ ).
This release is a preview for the upcoming version 6.7. At this point, it may still have critical bugs and may be unreliable.
Report problems in our bug tracker: http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket
This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time. New developers welcome.
We cannot answer questions in PlayStore comments. If you want to contact us, we have a forum.