1. Signal strengh
2. Channel number
3. Security type
4. Link speed
5. Hardware vendor
6. IP number, and etc.
You can see which one is good and bad intuitively, and it is very easy to use.
WiFi Picker also supports notification feature.
Problems with your 3G connection? Does your phone lose data signal and, often, is not able to reconnect (despite having network coverage), leaving you without emails until you realize and then you must turn flight mode on and off to get back in business? That is a known issue that affects some people, and seems to be caused by some combinations of Carrier / Phone model. If all of this sounds familiar to you, try this application. I built it for my own usage since I was affected too.
3G Reconnect checks data connectivity at fixed intervals and, if needed, restarts data connections in the background by turning flight mode on and off for you. You won't miss emails or chats anymore, at least while you're in an area with data coverage.
Don't worry: it won't restart anything if you're in a phone call or if you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. Likewise, it won't try this trick if you're in an area with no network coverage at all (it would be useless), or if you disabled the data connections from the Android setting.
Please send me an email if you find any problem or bug, or if you have any suggestion to improve the tool.
Tags: 3G, 3g connection, 3G signal, 3G restart, 3G refresh, data connection, data signal, gprs, edge, hspa, data restart, 3G restart, 3G, 3G fix, 3g fix, internet connection, internet restart, 3g reconnect, refresh connections, wifi, flight mode, 3G on, 3G off, 3g switch, data switch, data fix, network, data connection, reset 3g, reset data, reset connection, reset internet
ver 1.4: added "reassociate." in almost devices, it might be better
ver 1.3: minor modification, frequency of accidental terminations may be reduced.
When the screen light-on, this software make wifi disable and then do enable automatically.
With some device (esp. android 1.5, 1.6), it might fix wifi reconnect problem.
Help us with the translation project on http://crowdin.net/project/wifi-connection-manager
1. Support AP (Access Points) SSID with special characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greeks, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, UNICODE and so on.
8. Display saved network password. (require device to be rooted)
3. Fix device Wi-Fi problems.
4. Instant connect. Once searched, once start connecting. Way faster than the system build-in Wi-Fi scanner.
5. Static IP settings support. Auto switch between different AP.
6. Switch between available networks, solving the network conflict problem.
7. Add/Connect to certain hidden SSID network (depends on device and network conditions).
8. Manual add network, with special support for EAP/LEAP encrypted network.
9. Pause scan, convenient to browse many results.
10. More detail network information, network bandwidth, channel and network type.
11. Auto detect Web Authentication.
12. Backup/Restore saved networks.
13. Add/Share Wi-Fi network with QR code.
14. Arrange network connecting priority.
15. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) support for Android 4.0 or above devices.
16. Automatical switch between saved networks when signal is not ideal.
About the required permissions:
Camera is for adding Wi-Fi network via QR code.
Phone and Internet is for the AdMob plug-in made by Google.
Storage is for backup and restore saved network.
If you are willing to help me translate the app to another language please send me an e-mail!
Wi-Fi Matic is an Android app that activates and deactivates Wi-Fi of your device automatically depending on your location, helping you to save battery and consumption of data through your operator network.
It detects automatically the location of known Wi-Fi networks (f.i: home, office, etc.), turns on Wi-Fi when you arrive a place where there is Wi-Fi, and turns it off when you leave that place.
After some training (*), the app should learn all your commonly used Wi-Fi access points, allow your device to use Wi-Fi in the usual places and keep Wi-Fi off where it is not needed.
- How does it work?
It DOES NOT USE GPS nor Android network location services, as it uses your operator network cell identifiers (cell tower identifiers) as the relative location where you are, and where your Wi-Fi networks are. It is designed to minimize usage of resources and battery.
Wi-Fi Matic detects and learns automatically locations where you are connected to a Wi-Fi, not needing much configuration. It also allows you to manage manually your Wi-Fi when needed not interfering with you or with your device data connections.
- How is it used?
1.- Run the app and click on "Enable Wi-Fi Matic".
2.- If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi for the first time, do it as usual in the Android Wireless networks settings menu. If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi you have already connected to before, just turn on Wi-Fi manually and let Android establish connection.
3.- And that's all: Wi-Fi Matic will learn your Wi-Fi location when you get connected. Whenever you leave that place, Wi-Fi will be automatically turned off and whenever you get back, Wi-Fi will be automatically turned on (*)
(*) Depending on your mobile carrier network configuration and your access point signal strength, Wi-Fi Matic might need some time to precisely learn all needed cell tower identifiers and work accurately. Check Frequently Asked Questions.
It's a very useful application if you frequently forget to turn WiFi off when leaving a hotspot, or if you want to automatically switch from mobile data to WiFi to conserve battery whenever you're back into a hotspot.
Here are some of cool features Smart WiFi Toggler has to offer:
- Automatically learns your WiFi hotspot locations.
- Turns WiFi off when disconnected from WiFi network.
- Automatically turns WiFi on when near a known hotspot.
- Uses your network location. No GPS battery drain.
- Provides the ability to control "auto-connect" behavior for each hotspot.
- Ability to lock WiFi to a disabled state.
- Warning notification and auto-locking WiFi when a hotspot is down.
- WiFi Hopper: Jump from a weak hot spot to a strong one.
- Toggle network mode on CM based ROMs.
- History, logging, and a troubleshooting screen in case you face any problems.
There is an extensive help section with the app, so be sure to check it out if you have any questions.
Hope you enjoy using Smart WiFi Toggler as much as I enjoyed building it!
Please read the below notes
Note 1: This app requires "mobile network location" access to be enabled on your device.
Note 2: Persistent mode shows a notification icon. If you don't want the icon, disable persistent mode.
Note 3: On some devices WiFi Sleep Policy causes incorrect behavior. Please set this to always keep WiFi on. To do that, go to Android Settings --\ WiFi --\ Advanced (menu).
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: To determine your network location.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: To check WiFi state.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To check the network state.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: For logging.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: For toggling WiFi.
- WAKE_LOCK: For waking the device up in scheduled mode.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To run on start-up.
- LISTEN_SIGNAL_STRENGTHS: To determine the cell signal strength.
- INTERNET: To receive ads. Yes, this app has ads!
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: To toggle the data connection.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: To detect if there's a call in progress.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_MODE: Valid for CM ROMs only.
Keywords: intelligent, automatic, auto, wifi, wireless, wi-fi, hotspot, network, toggle, switch, 2G, 3G, battery, power, juice, conserve, drain, location, cell, gps, manager, manage
★ Do not install on SD card.
★ I can't sort and delete the button when creating widget.
In the top of the preview window, click the button to delete, press and hold the button to sort.
★ Can not uninstall?
Please deactivate "Settings"->"Security"->"Device administration" before uninstalling.
Supported Toggle Actions:
• Data Connection
• Screen Always On
• Airplane Mode
• Scan Media
• Unlock Pattern
• Speaker Mode
• Auto-Screen Lock
• 4G Toggle
• Mount SD
• Wi-Fi Hotspot
• USB Tether
• Bluetooth Tether
• Lock Screen
• Wi-Fi Sleep Policy
• Task Manager
• Memory usage
• Storage usage
• NFC Toggle
Email us after the usual 15 minutes if you want to give the app back.
Caution: At activating the app, frequently the Google service respond with an error. Pay attention to existing Internet connection and try several times if necessary. Thank you.
The fastest way to change your wlan / wifi /ssid.
The SSID Selector offers you many ways to change your WiFi....
- Notification Bar
- Plugin for Locale and Tasker
- Best Network Option!
* App: One simple click to change the wifi. You can see your configured wireless lan SSID's and the actual strength and you can switch your wlan. You can configure the notification* and start/stop it.
* Widget: You've the choice between 2 widget-sizes, depending on how much wifis you've configured. 1-2 or up to 10, depending on the screen size. You can see the actual connected wifi ssid in the widget. Now with ON/OFF-Switch for Wlan!
* Intent: Switch between your wifi through an simple intent "ultimatesoftware.nw.SSIDSelector.intent.action.verbindeSSID" and ssid as extras. You can change the wlan in every App who can send an intent, like Tasker, Locale or other.
* Notification*: The newest feature is the static notification which you can configure in the app. Select the ssid's you want and change any time the actual wifi. Pull the notification bar down, see the actual wlan-connection and change it with one click.
* Plugin für Locale und Tasker: User the simple Plugin to automatically change the WiFi.
* **NEW** Best Network Option: Enables simple and fast change to the strongest network at this moment. You can choose this Option on all features: App, Notification, Intent, Widget and Plugin. You have the choice to connect to an configured network or include all open networks in reach.
*now for all Versions available! The Android-Version < 3.0 have a little restriction at the notification, better then none ;-)
If you have any problems, feature-resquest or questions -> Email me: email@example.com
Provide user a simple wizard to connect to wifi network or thru a more complete graphical wifi radar
The wizard allows users to connect without the complexity on what network to connect to! Either connect to the best signal open or remembered wifi network.
The Radar view provides users a more complete view to the wifi network around the area and by a single click connect to it!
- Includes 1 press search for best remembered wifi networks
- Includes 1 press search for best open wifi networks
*NEW BACKGROUNDS ADDED*
Info: On some devices it might need a restart before Power Widget appears in your widget list.
If you had the free version, uninstall it once you installed Power Widget.
With Power Widget you gain quick access to most of your important settings.
And most important it is highly customizable. Change background transparency, the order of your toggles or even how much toggles you put on your toggle bar is completely up to you.
Airplane (Please note that toggling airplane mode on/off is no longer possible as of Android 4.2.)
Bluetooth (only 2.x)
Lock Pattern (<2.2)
Brightness Slider (with auto for 2.x)
Sync (only 2.x)
GPS (link since 2.3)
2G/3G (link since 2.3)
Note: If you had the free Power Widget version before, please uninstall it to get rid of the notification messages.
keywords: toggles, power control, controls, power bar, widget, google power control replacement, switches, toogle, manual control, toggle alternative, powerwidget, PowerWidget
- Display time, date, weekday, and battery level.
- You are free to change the text and background color.
- You can select date format and weekday language.
- You can display battery level to status bar.
- 12h/24h mode
- Size 1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 4x1, 4x2
- application launcher
- battery full alarm
[How to setting]
1. Press the home screen for three seconds.
-> Opens [Add to Home] menu.
2. Tap the [Widget]->
[Battery and Clock Ver.D(?x?)].
3. Tap the widget
4. Tap the [Battery and Clock Widget Ver.D] icon
!! Please customize as you like !!
[How to use launcher]
1. Tap the widget.
2. Tap the [launch settings].
3. choice & tap to add icon
!! Highlight icon is inserted item !!
If time & battery is stopped after widget update, please try this method.
1. delete widget
2. Tap menu button
->[Battery and Clock Widget Ver.D]
3. repaste widget again
*If the problem persists, please send an e-mail.
- Add battery full alarm
- Add 4x2 size
- Optimized internal processing
- Change status bar's image
- Optimized internal processing
- bug fix (resolve the problem that the launcher don't work under certain conditions)
- Change status bar's image
- The launcher isn't started up in lock screen
- Optimized internal processing
- new release
widget, custom, free
battery, akku, batterie, batteria, batería, 배터리,
digital, digitale, horloge, 디지털,
clock, uhr, numerique, orologio, reloj, 시계,
launcher, lanceur, lanzador, 실행기
- fixed transparent Background (2x1)
- added 1x1 and 3x1 size
- changeable textsize
- wifibutton can be turned off
- reworked signal level indication
Please report bugs and problems via e-mail!
RED - disabled
BLUE - enabled
GREEN - connected
Toggle Widgets Pack - Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Silent, Auto Rotate, Brightness, Airplane, 2G/3G
Toggle Widgets Panel - our new app!!!
The widget will show the name of your WiFi router (SSID) including the connection status of your WiFi and the link speed.
When the bottom edge colour of the widget shows:
RED - It means that your WiFi is switched OFF (WiFi mode disabled on your phone)
BLUE - It means that it's switched ON (this state could either mean "ON and connected" to a hotspot OR "ON and waiting" for a connection).
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU'VE INSTALLED IT:
Please note that this is a widget and NOT an application, so you will not see it listed on your application list (app drawer).
After you have installed this widget from the Google Play store, you will need to navigate to your widget list in order to place it on your home screen.
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET:
To turn the WiFi on/off - Press on the circular section of the widget (on the LEFT half , where the signal strength graphic is shown)
To quickly navigate to the phone's WiFi menu (to see a list of WiFi hotspots) - Press anywhere on the text located on the RIGHT half.
As you can expect, we cannot test this widget on every available Android phone out in the market, so we can guarantee normal functionality only on the devices listed below mostly running on Gingerbread and JellyBean versions. Please do feel free to try this on other devices and give us your feedback if you have any issue so it will help us improve this further and support more devices.
Google Galaxy Nexus
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 7
Google Nexus One
Google Nexus S
HTC Desire S
Huawei MediaPad 10FHD
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Sharp AQUOS SH80F
Sharp AQUOS Zeta
Sony Xperia Z
If you experience problems with this widget on devices not listed above, then please give us a chance to fix the issue first by emailing us, instead of giving us a bad review.