Wifi Inspector is a simple tool to see all the devices connected to our network (both wired and wifi, whether consoles, TVs, pcs, tablets, phones etc ...), giving relevant data such as IP address, manufacturer, device name and MacAddress.
Wifi Inspector also allows to save a list of known devices with custom name and find intruders in less than 30 seconds. This makes it easier for us and you will not need to go checking the data whenever we make a scan.
All this in a clear and simple design that allows us to see that our personal data are safe in a few seconds.
No doubt, Wifi Ispector ALWAYS find ALL connected devices!! More than 160,000 active installations demonstrate their reliability!!
We continue working to improve Wifi Inspector and we greatly appreciate that you share your opinions whether positive or negative. We have almost no reports of problems in the poor ratings (only one star with no comment) This makes difficult that we can improve the application. Please if you have any problems / suggestions do not hesitate to send it to us, in your comment or with email, and we will try to fix it.
For a better experience we recommend Android 4.0 or more
RED - disabled
BLUE - enabled
GREEN - connected
Toggle Widgets Pack - Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Silent, Auto Rotate, Brightness, Airplane, 2G/3G
Toggle Widgets Panel - our new app!!!
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
**If you are having problems seeing the widget, please try recreating the widget or reinstalling. Necessary code updates may require this action, sorry!
The icon as well as the switch changes with state changes on the phone - when enabling or disabling.
This is a widget. Long press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Wifi Toggle Widget.
Please check out my other applications!
1. Lowering latency. If the wifi driver does not sleep, the AP does not have to wait until delivering the data. This is desired is many situations, like IP VOIP calls via WIFI, audio streaming, networked games (lower latency means better experience).
2. Ensure wifi is running put into higher PM state even when the screen is off. Again, this helps when you do VOIP calls, stream audio, etc.
3. Solving sporadic/unreliable connectivity problems. Root cause: Some older WIFI routers can't reliably communicate with devices using WIFI Power Management (they may actually sleep, when the AP wants to send data). It helps when your WIFI can connect to the Access Point, but the transfer is either very slow or unreliable (high packet loss). This widget does NOT help, if you can't connect to the WIFI Access Point at all.
4. Simply speed up download transfer rate. YMMV.
The widget should work on all devices with Android 3.1 and higher. In addition, this was tested and found to work on Samsung Galaxy S II (even with GingerBread).
Some users reported this also works with Acer Iconia and Galaxy Tab. Other devices may or may not support this feature. Please see for yourself. Please leave comments/rating if it helped.
USAGE: Add the widget to your home screen and tap on it to enable wifi and to activate/deactivate the high-performance mode. If you don't see the widget, start the activity. The widget should be properly listed afterwards.
Automatic toggle feature works using the following ruleset:
1. If Wifi connection is lost or manually disabled/disconnected, the HighPerformance mode will automatically be disabled (if it was enabled) to save battery.
2. If you reconnect to the last connected network, the last applicable state of the HighPerformance setting will automatically be restored.
3. If you connect to a different network than you had been previously, HighPerformance mode will be enabled based on the preference setting in the Application (whitelist)
Notice: While the READ_PHONE_STATE is indeed a very powerful and dangerous permission, I am not using it for anything else than to know if there's an incoming or outgoing call to be able to use it as a trigger. Nothing else, really...
If you'd like to double-check whether this widget has really done the job on your phone, you can try the following:
1. PING your phone from you computer with disabled wifi performance mode. Make note of the average round trip time. In my case case this was around 50ms
2. PING your phone from you computer with ENABLED wifi performance mode. In my case the average round trip time shortened to about 2-3ms. If there's no significant different between the two cases, chances are your phone does not support WIFI High Performance Mode.
‘Best WiFi’ is a lightweight application that automatically switches between saved APNs based on their signal strengths. So if while you are pacing in the office or walking around at home, and the signal strength drops below the pre-set level, ‘Best WiFi’ will go through your saved APNs and automatically connect to the one with the best signal at the time.
If you have any problems please don't hesitate to email me. My contact details are at the bottom.
Here is how it works:
(1) Install "Find My Phone" on your phone or tablets;
(2) Login this app using your gmail account;
(3) Put the app in the background.
After that you can use your phone however you like and your phone is protected for antitheft. In case your phone is lost or stolen, you can go to another TrackView Installed device (Windows PC, Smartphone, tablet etc), and login TrackView using the same gmail account as your lost or stolen phone. Instantly, you will know whether your phone is online or not. You can also receive alert messages from the lost phone if someone is using your phone. You can also track your lost phone's location in real-time or audio and video monitor its surroundings. You can even do remote audio and video recording as a evidence as to who has your phone. This is a very powerful tool to find my phone and for anti theft.
Some times, you may misplaced your phone somewhere with the phone in silent mode, then you can use location tracking to find its location, then use the "buzz" feature to ring the phone. The misplaced phone will ring even it's in silent mode. This will help find my phone quickly.
You can also use TrackView installed phone for other usage scenarios such as: home security, track your car, protect your family members, antitheft, video surveillance, baby monitoring , nanny and pets monitoring etc...
1. GPS Location tracking in real-time
2. Video and audio monitoring the surroundings of the phone
3. Event detection and instant alert to your mobile devices
4. Remote recording of event of interests as it happens
5. Two-way audio
6. Remote buzz that rings a missing device, even if it’s in silent mode
7. App works in background and sleep mode that conserves your battery
8. High reliability and excellent video quality at low bandwidth that saves you money
9. Super easy to install and one click connection from anywhere in the world
10. Remote control of Front and Rear camera switch
11. Integration with Google Gmail account
12. Secured access: You are the only one who can access your connected devices.
13. Always on: devices are accessible even in sleep mode.
14. Multi-network support: TrackView supports all types of networks: Wifi, 2G, 3G, 4G etc.
15. Automatic network switch: When the network switches, TrackView will auto switch to the network available.
16. Real-time and low latency: to ensure you get updates on events immediately and watch video in real time.
17. Universal accessibility: Access any of your devices from anywhere in the world.
and much more!
E-mail: email@example.com. If you have any issues or suggestions, we'd love to hearing from you.
- fixed transparent Background (2x1)
- added 1x1 and 3x1 size
- changeable textsize
- wifibutton can be turned off
- reworked signal level indication
Please report bugs and problems via e-mail!
The widget will show the name of your WiFi router (SSID) including the connection status of your WiFi and the link speed.
When the bottom edge colour of the widget shows:
RED - It means that your WiFi is switched OFF (WiFi mode disabled on your phone)
BLUE - It means that it's switched ON (this state could either mean "ON and connected" to a hotspot OR "ON and waiting" for a connection).
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU'VE INSTALLED IT:
Please note that this is a widget and NOT an application, so you will not see it listed on your application list (app drawer).
After you have installed this widget from the Google Play store, you will need to navigate to your widget list in order to place it on your home screen.
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET:
To turn the WiFi on/off - Press on the circular section of the widget (on the LEFT half , where the signal strength graphic is shown)
To quickly navigate to the phone's WiFi menu (to see a list of WiFi hotspots) - Press anywhere on the text located on the RIGHT half.
As you can expect, we cannot test this widget on every available Android phone out in the market, so we can guarantee normal functionality only on the devices listed below mostly running on Gingerbread and JellyBean versions. Please do feel free to try this on other devices and give us your feedback if you have any issue so it will help us improve this further and support more devices.
Google Galaxy Nexus
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 7
Google Nexus One
Google Nexus S
HTC Desire S
Huawei MediaPad 10FHD
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Sharp AQUOS SH80F
Sharp AQUOS Zeta
Sony Xperia Z
If you experience problems with this widget on devices not listed above, then please give us a chance to fix the issue first by emailing us, instead of giving us a bad review.
WiFi Overview 360 is not only a WLAN Scanner, which shows all WLANs in range, the app is much more.
This app is a "Swiss Army Knife" for WLAN.
With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not) in your environment.
The tab "Ch check" (channel checker) and "Ch. radar" (channel radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.
Main features are:
- wlan scanner
- detailed wlan information
- add WLANs manually
- endless list of known WLANs (previously limited to 16)
- graphical representation of all wireless networks in the operating range
- channel checker for the best channel choice
- included 2x1 widget
- Android 4.x support
- Tablet support
- WLAN Internet connection check
- and much more ...
The "Pro" version contains no ad, have more widgets, have a powerful "WiFi Detector", can set "Quick connect shortcuts", can set WLAN priority and is a little recognition for my work.
1. Find the widget icon in name of WiFiOnoff.
2. Drag and put the widget on Home screen as a shot cut.
3. Toggle the widget, Wi-Fi setting will be changed after a simple animation.
4. After connected to a Wi-Fi network (AP/router), Wi-Fi SSID (AP name) will display below the icon.
For some Android devices, you have to reboot in order to see this WiFionff widget.
PROS is a professional team dedicated for wireless connectivity technology.
**Once you encounter any problem, please feel free to feedback with details.**
It can also show Wi-Fi access point information, toggling Wi-Fi ON/OFF, and switch access point.
Widget style can be selected from "rabbit" or "cat".
Please check it out "Bluetooth Bear", "Volume Dog", and "3G Monkey".
3G Monkey ( for Android2.3 or later )
To get started, select this widget "WiFi Status Widget" from the Launcher --> Widget list, and then place this widget on your home screen. Tap on the widget to change the settings.
* A high resolution widget showing 3 lines of WiFi information and Two graphical indicators: the name of the access point (SSID), the link speed (the connection speed between your Android device and the wireless router), and the signal strength (aka signal quality).
* User-settable notifications when the WiFi link speed drops to a certain level or WiFi has been turned on but cannot find a connection.
* Actionable notifications: Reconnect or Turn-off WiFi from notifications - no need to open the app (require Android 4.1+).
* The widget can be resized (require Android 3.1+)
* The widget can be placed on the lock screen, take a glance at the WiFi status even before unlocking your device (require Android 4.2+)
* Widget will not update when the phone/tablet is sleeping (this is an intended behavior to save battery).
** If you have problems after installing the update to this app, try remove the widget and then add it back.
If you experience very low WiFi link speed (e.g. < 5 Mbps) with high signal strength, it is also possibly due to problems of the wireless router. A reboot on the router may help solve the issue.
Please give feedback to YHdevLAB@gmail.com. Thanks to your supports.
The difference between this widget and the Power Control widget is that this shows the SSID of the network you're connected to. This is a very useful feature for me, so it may be useful for you to.
If the widget doesn't work for you, please contact me by e-mail.
I'm creating a tutorial to explain how I developed this widget and it will be posted at http://androidappdev.org.
If you like my work and would like to support me, feel free to buy the donate version.