From the greek word 'chronos' which means "time", and the latin word 'curo' which means "to attend", Chronocross is a time-management todo app that combines two productivity techniques: The Pomodoro Technique® and theEisenhower Matrix.
The Pomodoro Technique® is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirilo in the late 1980's. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks of 5 minutes, and a 15-minute long break after 4 successive sprints. This philosophy aims to provide the user with the maximum focus and creative freshness, thereby allowing them to complete projects faster with less mental fatigue.
The Eisenhower Matrix complements the Pomodoro Technique really well. This method stems from a quote attributed to Dwight D. Eisenhower: "I have two kinds of problems, the urgent and the important. The urgent are not important, and the important are never urgent.
Using the Eisenhower Decision Principle, tasks are evaluated using the criteria important or unimportant and urgent or not urgent, and then placed in the corresponding quadrants in an Eisenhower Matrix.
- Important/Urgent quadrant are done immediately and personally.
- Important/Not Urgent quadrant get an end date and are done personally.
- Unimportant/Urgent quadrant are delegated.
- Unimportant/Not Urgent quadrant are dropped.
- This app is a work in progress. If you like the concept feel free to contact me for suggestions and improvements.
- This was made primarily as a personal tool, there are few features that will be added but I will implement them whenever I have the time.
- I don't expect many people to use this but if there are, I will release new features more often.
Chronocross is not affiliated with, associated with nor endorsed by the Pomodoro Technique® or Francesco Cirillo.
The Pomodoro Technique® and Pomodoro™ are registered and filed trademarks by Francesco Cirillo.