Get insight into how your car is performing with the free Garmin Mechanic™ app. Use the Skidpad to measure lateral acceleration, and track your speed and distance using GPS.
Taking a trip? Garmin Mechanic tracks your trips and calculates total distance, average speed, and estimated mileage to help increase fuel savings. Got more than one vehicle? You can track and collect data on multiple vehicles.
At the pump, enter your fill-up data and track average mileage, total fuel used, fuel cost, cost per mile and more. Set up service schedules for maintenance on all your vehicles, and get notifications when service is due.
Expand your toolbox by pairing the Garmin Mechanic app with our ecoRoute™ HD module (sold separately) and gain access to real-time performance data, including live gauges showing RPM, throttle position, intake pressure, manifold vacuum, boost, instant economy, battery voltage, real-time estimated power and torque, and more. Evaluate your driving style with the Eco Score gauge.
Create gauge sets and save them as Dashboards, and instantly recall them for different driving modes (e.g. towing, economy, racing).
Measure your vehicle's performance with the Acceleration/Dyno feature. Measure 0-30, 0-60 and 1/4-mile times, torque and horsepower.
With the ecoRoute HD module, Garmin Mechanic also calculates your instant and average fuel economy, and checks your vehicle’s self-test status for emissions certification. The vehicle diagnostics feature reads and provides descriptions for over 6500 error codes and resets your vehicle’s Check Engine light.
Export all your vehicle information (including fill-ups, service schedule, service history, sensor data, diagnostic data, acceleration runs and more) to view on your computer.
- Tablet support -- works with 7" and 10" tablets (all Android versions)
- Move to SD Card option
- Track average mileage and service history on multiple vehicles
Features (when paired with ecoRoute HD module):
- View diagnostic codes and reset your vehicle’s Check Engine light
- View and record real-time sensor data
- Calculate real-time and average fuel consumption
- Measure acceleration and calculate 0-30, 0-60, ¼-mile times, torque and horsepower.
- Record OBD sensor data from your vehicle and view it on your computer
Aplikace je rozdělena do několika modulů:
- Úvod - Tento modul slouží pro zobrazení detailu, zarovnání tachometru při uzamčení jednotky z firmy
- Mapa - V tomto modulu si můžeme nechat zobrazit pozici nebo trasu jedné či více jednotek
- Trasy - V tomto modulu vidíme výpis tras daného vozidla zajetých za posledních 30 dnů. Pokud nějakou trasu vyberu, zobrazí se její detaily a mohu ji zobrazit na mapě či editovat údaje
- Výdaje - Umožňuje zadání výdaje za tankování či jiný výdaj pro dané vozidlo
- Doprava - Tento modul umožňuje vidět aktuální dopravní informace z našeho okolí
The ActiveOBD fetches the information directly from your vehicle via the OBD port and operates completely independently from the multi function display of your vehicle so you're absolutely free to use both in parallel.
- Subaru vehicle MY 2012+ (OBD CAN communication protocol)
- ELM327 Bluetooth adapter v1.4-v2.1 (the FAKE v2.1 is not supported); or OBDLink LX Bluetooth r1.2 (obdlink.com/lxbt/)
BETA testing & problem reporting: https://plus.google.com/communities/102216074960759727645
- front wheels position
- Torque split front-rear (Subaru AWD) *
- front-rear Slit (over-rotation)
- Coolant temperature
- Engine oil temperature
- Automatic transmission (AT / CVT) Oil deterioration degree
- Fuel Level (percent of total tank capacity) **
- alternative Fuel Consumption counter since last refill ***
Long-click on info item icon to get a description.
Trouble Codes tab
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (OBD DTC) with Subaru-specific description
- clearing trouble codes
Menu is accessible an Android-way or by the title bar clicking.
* The Subaru AWD system has some hydraulic pressure active constantly providing about 5% torque transferring from front to rear. Further torque distribution is done dynamically (on demand), ActiveOBD shows this dynamic value.
** The fuel level is a subject for fluctuations. The application needs about 5-7 minutes of continuous running before the fuel level value can be displayed.
*** A standard fuel consumption calculation approach is based on fuel amount counter at the time of its consumption. ActiveOBD offers an alternative – a calculation based on mileage and fuel level (in percent). According to the current implementation the counter is being reset on refill (done with ignition switched off), just open the State mode after refilling – the fuel consumption counter should reset automatically.
You have to pair with the ELM327 device before using this application, Google Nexus guide (Pair with a Bluetooth device) :
The program works in three modes:
1 on-board computer.
2 ELM327 terminal.
3 Read/reset the computer errors.
In the on-board computer displays the following options (you can choose them by a long tap on a sensor):
Update values time
Mass air flow
Fuel injection time
Short-term fuel trim
Long-term fuel trim
Idle Air Control position
Throttle voltage sensor
Throttle position sensor
Mass air flow voltage
Instant hour fuel consumption
Instantaneous fuel consumption in Km/H
Instantaneous fuel consumption in L/100Km
Last trip: distance
Last trip: time
Last trip: time in motion
Last trip: spent fuel
Last trip: average speed
Last trip: average speed in motion
Last trip: average fuel consumption
Trip A: distance
Trip A: time
Trip A: time in motion
Trip A: spent fuel
Trip A: average speed
Trip A: average speed in motion
Trip A: average fuel consumption
Trip B: distance
Trip B: time
Trip B: time in motion
Trip B: spent fuel
Trip B: average speed
Trip B: average speed in motion
Trip B: average fuel consumption
Fuel consumption can be measured in two ways:
1) According to the MAF sensor with the ability to allow fuel trims.
2) According to the fuel injection timing. In this case, the primary performance calculations made by MAF at idle RPM,
and then comes the calculation based on the time of injection and the engine speed (ie, at the time of setting MAF
should be OK).
To fine-tune your reading rate there is the correction factor, witch can be calculated as the ratio of the amount
actually spent fuel to the amount of spent fuel that shows the program.
Cars in which the program is 100% working:
Wingroad Y11 (QGxx)
On other machines may not be efficient, but possible.