This bible verse of the day mobile app for catholic has many bible scriptures for teens, bible scriptures for lonely, bible scriptures for the day, bible verses for strength, bible verses for women, bible verses for men, bible verses for love and bible verses for children.
We have made this bible scriptures app as a unique free bible download without internet and is rich with many special and encouraging bible verses from different versions of bible like bible nkjv or bible new king james version free, bible king james version free download (kjv), bible niv app free
Quotes from Bible for kids and youths are also included in this free bible downloads new international version. Also is a bible starter app for many people who loves to read about jesus Christ and love of jesus through bible verses. Get enlightened daily through Old Testament and New Testament quotes of bible.
Bible is a universal holy book for everyone searching for love of God through his son Jesus who shed his blood for the whole world.
Those who are searching for free bible niv version, free bible kjv and niv, free bible kjv download and free bible king james version may also find our app very useful and suitable for their daily bible reading through mobile.
The verses chosen for each day's scripture have spiritual guidance within their own context for a clearer understanding.
- Inspirational scriptures daily from the Holy Bible
- Non-intrusive, user scheduled, daily notification of your scripture
- Choose between bible translations of King James Version (KJV) or New International Version (NIV)
- Share your daily bible verses to Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
- Save and share your favorite scriptures [New]
- Share app with friends to spread the daily word of God
Thank You Users
Thank you to all the users of The Daily Bible Verse! Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. I can't begin to tell you how powerful and meaningful your words are to us!
Background of Daily Bible Verse
As God led the Israelites through the wilderness for 40 years, he provided for their physical nourishment by sending from heaven each morning a grainy white substance called manna which covered the ground like frost and was gathered up by God's people. That story reminds us how God provides for the spiritual nourishment of His people by sending his word from heaven which has been collected in the Bible.
May you be blessed by "Daily Bible Verse"; a daily bite sized chunk of spiritual food for your heart and mind.
Read and research Scripture online in Your language.
This app is Not an official app of Bible Gateway. It was build for educational purposes and faith only. Enjoy using this app and may God be with you.
This app offers scheduled daily reminders and links to related Bible passages, and it allows you to journal, bookmark, and share via social media.
Scheduled daily reminders
Personal journaling section
Bookmark favorite devotions
Discuss daily reading with other users in public comments
Selectable color schemes and text formatting preferences
Links to related Bible passages
Library of downloadable monthly issues
Streaming audio content
Sharing via email, Facebook, and Twitter
Links to read through the Bible in one year
Sync activity with other mobile devices and ODB.org
Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
The initial vision for the project was provided by a single individual – an engineer working with General Electric in Seattle by the name of Howard Long. Long was a lifelong devotee of the King James Version, but when he shared it with his friends he was distressed to find that it just didn’t connect. Long saw the need for a translation that captured the truths he loved in the language that his contemporaries spoke.
For 10 years, Long and a growing group of like-minded supporters drove this idea. The passion of one man became the passion of a church, and ultimately the passion of a whole group of denominations. And finally, in 1965, after several years of preparatory study, a trans-denominational and international group of scholars met in Palos Heights, Illinois, and agreed to begin work on the project – determining to not simply adapt an existing English version of the Bible but to start from scratch with the best available manuscripts in the original languages. Their conclusion was endorsed by a large number of church leaders who met in Chicago in 1966.
A self-governing body of fifteen biblical scholars, the Committee on Bible Translation (CBT) was formed and charged with responsibility for the version, and in 1968 the New York Bible Society (which subsequently became the International Bible Society and then Biblica) generously undertook the financial sponsorship of the project. The translation of each book was assigned to translation teams, each made up of two lead translators, two translation consultants, and a stylistic consultant where necessary. The initial translations produced by these teams were carefully scrutinized and revised by intermediate editorial committees of five biblical scholars to check them against the source texts and assess them for comprehensibility. Each edited text was then submitted to a general committee of eight to twelve members before being distributed to selected outside critics and to all members of the CBT in preparation for a final review. Samples of the translation were tested for clarity and ease of reading with pastors, students, scholars, and lay people across the full breadth of the intended audience. Perhaps no other translation has undergone a more thorough process of review and revision. From the very start, the NIV sought to bring modern Bible readers as close as possible to the experience of the very first Bible readers: providing the best possible blend of transparency to the original documents and comprehension of the original meaning in every verse. With this clarity of focus, however, came the realization that the work of translating the NIV would never be truly complete. As new discoveries were made about the biblical world and its languages, and as the norms of English usage developed and changed over time, the NIV would also need to change to hold true to its original vision.
And so in the original NIV charter, provision was made not just to issue periodic updates to the text but also to create a mechanism for constant monitoring of changes in biblical scholarship and English usage. The CBT was charged to meet every year to review, maintain, and strengthen the NIV’s ability to accurately and faithfully render God’s unchanging Word in modern English.
The 2011 update to the NIV is the latest fruit of this process. By working with input from pastors and Bible scholars, by grappling with the latest discoveries about biblical languages and the biblical world, and by using cutting-edge research on English usage, the Committee on Bible Translation has updated the text to ensure that the New International Version of the Bible remains faithful to Howard Long’s original inspiration.
First things first. If you have any questions or issues with the Blue Letter Bible app, contact us immediately @ http://blb.sc/00016q, or our public Google Group @ http://blb.sc/001Yea. You can also email us @ theBlueLetterBible@gmail.com. We want the app to work for you.
Join our millions of annual website users who choose to dig deeper into God’s Word with Blue Letter Bible!
POWERFUL BIBLE STUDY TOOLS
• Study the Hebrew & Greek with our original language lexicon
• Perform word study searches using the many available dictionaries and encyclopedias
• Use the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge for an in-depth study
• Over 8,000 text commentaries by over 40 different authors
PERSONALIZED BIBLE STUDY
• Powerful note taking feature lets take notes while organizing them into notebooks
• Tag your favorite verses and collect them into custom folders
• Highlight verses in unlimited customized colors
• Show / hide footnote and verse markers
• Show / hide words of Christ in red
• Adjustable font size and line height for easier reading
• Side by side, parallel Bibles
Please take a minute to rate the Blue Letter Bible app!
Furthermore, this Amplified Bible version Includes adjectives and synonyms expanding the main idea words on each verse, in order to give you a better scope on God's Word. You will also find extra expanding concepts for key verses, at the end of several chapters.
The Amplified Bible is a nice reading and listening material for every Christian, including scholars and students, fulfilling the task as a spiritual guidance for your biblical study.
1) The reading text inside this Android App will self adjust it's size depending of your phone or tablet's screen size, aiming for an easy, uncluttered, reading experience.
2) The Speak aloud function may not be installed or configured in your Android device. This Android app will pop up a message box telling you about the need of installing or configuring the voice function inside your Android Device. You may do so by getting into your Android´s home screen, opening the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu and scrolling down into the Language & Input option. Inside you will find the Text to Speech configuration panel.
* Over 90.000 dictionary and encyclopedia entries.
* 8 full reference books at hand: Easton's Bible Dictionary, Smith's Bible Dictionary, Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary, The King James Version (KJV) Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, the Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia, Torrey's New Topical Textbook and the Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (JFB Commentary)
* Very fast and simple to use.
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Study the Holy Scriptures anytime, anywhere, no Internet connection required.
* Search inside one of the dictionaries or all at the same time.
* Powerful search system. Search inside by term and/or definitions using different criteria.
* Big text option to improve readability
* Bookmark your favorite entries for quick future reference.
* Share any entry by e-mail, SMS, etc.
* Listen to the definitions using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer with American or British accent.
Q: How can I share a verse from the list?
A: Just pressing for 2 or 3 seconds and a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
To save your favorite entries in the SD card:
- Modify/delete SD card contents
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Praise the Lord! God bless you!
John 1:1-51 KJV - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Need a spiritual lift? Feel life spinning out of control? Daily Bible Verses will help you clear the way to clarity one message at a time.
Enjoy these special features:
• Get 1000s of Bible verses, scriptures, passages, Psalms and more.
• All verses are posted by our staff with handwritten introductions
• Archive favorite devotions to re-read at another time.
• Share with friends via Facebook®, email and Twitter®.
• Supplement your Bible study and church preparations with access to the full DailyBible.com site.
Brighten your day. Get a fresh perspective. Stay involved and grow your faith in Jesus. It’s easy with this popular online Bible tool! Now available for Android mobile users
It includes the full Bible text in the KJV - King James Version Bible. The app is completely accessible offline.
This Bible allows you to bookmark and highlight your favorite verses.
It also features a random button to bring you to a completely random but doubtlessly God inspired section of scripture.
It includes a night/day mode. This allows the user to change between a black background for night time reading, and a more traditional white background for daytime reading.
It also allows you to chose the amount of verses on display, and change the font size of the Bible text.
Alternatively "KJV Bible - Red Text" has the words of Jesus in red. KJV Bible - Red Text is also available from the Android Market.
Please enjoy :)
We currently support 2 of the most popular bible versions, "King James Version" (KJV) for English language and "La Biblia de las Américas" (LBLA) for Spanish language. More translations and versions coming in future updates.
Use swipe gestures to navigate. Swipe down to get a random one. Share verses with friends and family by long tapping the screen and hear them being spoken out loud by tapping on the "speak(lips)" icon in the title bar (internet connection recommended, but works with internal text-to-speech as well). You can also mannage your bookmarks and search trough the entire bible.
Use the titlebar for fast navigation. Press on the "home" icon to get to the main screen; press on the title to quickly get to the book list or available versions; use the "bookmark" icon to add or remove a verse from Bookmarks, the "speak(lips)" icon for text-to-speech, the "search" icon to search trough the entire Bible, or the "share" icon in the main screen to tell others about this app.
- KJV and LBLA Bible versions;
- animated gestures;
- great looking UI;
- only one verse at a time is shown on screen so you can better focus you attention and understand it's true meaning;
- swipe gestures to navigate trough verses;
- spread the word by sharing verses when long tapping the screen;
- interactive titlebar that shows your location, total number of verses in a book (and the current verse) and helps navigation;
- complex search functionality to help you find what you need trough all books and chapters;
- manage bookmarks list;
- high quality text-to-speech;
- set your preferences.
Use the HOLY BIBLE VERSES APP in Church or with family and friends:
- quicly go to the verses being read in church and follow along;
- learn the bible, show it to your friends and family, spread the good word;
- have fun by seeing which verse faith throws at you by using the "Touch of Grace" option in the main screen;
- go to a random chapter of the ible and start reading from there;
- curious about statistics? see how many times the name of our saviour, JESUS CHRIST apperas in the bible by searching for it and seeing the number of results;
- the easy interaction that our app provides will make going trough the Bible a fun and personal experience for everyone.
*** TEXT-TO-SPEECH ***
* There are phones that do not support text-to-speech. Sorry for that.
* To check whether your phone has text-to-speech capabilities go to Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings. On models with Android 1.6 go to Menu -> Settings -> Speech synthesis.
* Also you can reach text-to-speech settings by clicking the "TTS Settings" menu item of our application.
* If Pico TTS engine is not installed, please install it by clicking "Install voice data".
* To select the default speech engine, speech rate, or to specify your default settings, go to Text-to-speech settings as described above.
Please use the "Report" option in the menu to send us feedback.
The internet permissions are needed for text-to-speech and the phone state permission is needed for ads. The app is free but we need ad support to carry on, maintain it, and improve it. We appreciate your understanding and support and thank you for giving our app a try!
* A completely new, user friendly and catchy user interface.
* A new Quiz Game option with multiple levels included.
* All share options available in the device included
We are proud and happy to release the Holy Bible Offline (KJV) in android for free. Holy Bible Application is simply designed to make it available OFFLINE complete. Internet connection is not required to read the bible verses. The app contains both "Old Testament" and "New Testament". Search option is also provided for quick reference of King James Version. Forum has been included to have spiritual discussions.
We sincerely hope that this app will rejoice you.
App requires two permissions, namely
1. Your Location (For Ads)&
2. Network Communication (For Ads)
Please feel free to mail us your feedback. We are glad to accommodate to your suggestions in the App.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.3 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* New payment support Version 3.0 from Google implemented.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.1 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* Settings option added in the verse reading page
* Day / Night reading modes added
* Increase decrease font sizes added
* Adjust screen brightness added
* Bugs fixed.
* Create a new reading plan starting on any day of the year.
* Quickly and painlessly mark or clear all passages to any given day
* Navigate to earliest unread passage, the current date, or any past or future date in the reading plan.
* Tapping a verse's text will automatically launch the verse in the Bible Study App app by Olive Tree or MySword Bible, if installed, in Bible Gateway through a web browser, or will pop up the ESV.
* Handles leap years.
* Backup and restore reading plans.
* Share reading plan with other devices through email, Google Drive, or Evernote.
Please note that this app is in no way affiliated with Olive Tree or Bible Gateway. Olive Tree's and Bible Gateway's trade marks and copyrights are their own.
* Internet permission required for ESV pop-up.
* Read from and write to external storage required for backup and restore.
* Retrieve running apps to determine if Bible app is actively running or not.
* Receive boot completed used to restart reminder service.
* Wake lock used to keep device awake while updating status bar reminder; then released.
- And more...
The application works off-line, so the content is available to you anytime and anywhere to brighten up your day, and grow faith in Jesus Christ.
The verses are taken from the “King James Version” (KJV) and “New International Version” (NIV) of the Holy Bible.
You can share this app with friends using Facebook®, email or Twitter®. Thank you for your support – we appreciate it.
This Application has been developed with the idea of bringing comfort, knowledge, inspiration and encouragement to all those who use this app. Life is often challenging, but the Bible teaches us how to live our lives and cope with our problems.
In this Application we've taken thousands of verses and appropriately arranged them into different meaningful categories. This has been done to facilitate your search for answers from God's Holy Word regarding any type of situation, good or bad, that you may be facing.
There are 25+ Categories and 50+ Books.
More Categories and quotes are updated often. So stay tuned for new and exciting features.
-King James Version (KJV) and The World English Bible (WEB) two of the most popular Christian versions that are currently supported.
-Swipe left or right gestures to navigate.
-More than 1700+ and counting.
-Filters (you can specify which Book (Psalms, Proverbs ...) and categories (Anger, Family ...) you want the app to read)
-Multiple Widgets Support (Updates every day)
-Quick sharing feature that enables sharing via SMS, Facebook and other sharing apps.
-Bookmark and quickly browse through the favourites.
Please give a good rating if you like the application. :)
* Please do not report any problems in the comments section. Please send us an email instead. Thanks *
Username - demo
Password - demo
Please contact us to create an account for you.
Note: After activating shake detection phone app will take 1 minute to stabilize and shake will not be processed in this period.