Raster marine charts published by NOAA (USA), LINZ (New Zealand) and Brazil Navy are available to install from within MX Mariner as free, downloadable regions. Once downloaded, each marine chart region is available for use offline. When online, a road map or satellite image map is alternatively available.
UK chart regions are available for the United Kingdom, Ireland and Channel Islands as in-app purchases. Each UK chart region in-app purchase gives you 1 year of free chart updates. UK chart regions in MX Mariner are "derived in part from material obtained from the UK Hydrographic Office".
Please see http://mxmariner.com/charts.html for more details on offline marine chart regions available for download.
MX Mariner is useful for marine navigation featuring a simple heads up display showing speed and course. You have the ability to drop waypoints, record tracks and create routes. Routes can be activated and the heads up display will also show bearing and range to next waypoint below speed and course. All waypoints, tracks and routes can be backed up as GPX files. GPX files can be imported and exported to other programs.
MX Mariner also has configurable units of measure for bearings, position, speed and distance. Bearings in MX Mariner can be shown as true or magnetic. Magnetic bearings use the world magnetic model published National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. Speed and distances can be set to Nautical, Statute or Metric. Position can be set to degrees, degrees-minutes or degrees-minutes-seconds. Navigators can also choose to use their device internal magnetometer or gps course to orientate ship on the marine chart. Optionally, heading and course predictor lines can also be shown on the marine chart. MX Mariner also offers configurable back-light levels suitable for daylight to off-shore night conditions.
• View and control the chartplotter
• Enhances situational awareness for the mariner
• Works seamlessly with SmartMode™ to group chartplotter thumbnails by station when used with a GPSMAP 8000 Glass Helm system
• Easily switch between chart plotters using thumbnail screen preview
• Connect multiple Android devices simultaneously
Visit www.garmin.com for updated device compatibility information.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
For more information on chartplotter firmware updates, visit http://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html
With this app, route and waypoint navigation on nautical charts is easier than ever. With weather predictions and AIS you can create extra safety on board because you know what's coming.
This app is developed for navigation from sailing and motor yachts, to sloops and kayaks. Did you charter a boat, are you going diving or sport fishing? Then also use this app!
• Navigate on high quality water charts.
• North-up GPS follow mode.
• Very user friendly way to create and edit waypoint and routes.
• Easy management of tracks, charts, routes and waypoints.
• Worldwide wind, air pressure, and rainfall prediction.
• Independent navigation system thanks to the internal GPS of your tablet or smartphone.
• Connect AIS and GPS wirelessly using a WIFI or Bluetooth connection.
• Avoid collisions with the velocity vectors of AIS vessels around you.
• The man-overboard button marks the position of the lost crew member and helps you find it.
After purchasing WinGPS™ Marine you unlock the full features of the app. Check out the various possibilities on www.wingpsmarine.com.
When first installing the app you will get the Lite version of WinGPS™ Marine.
This version is limited functionality. With your GPS (internal or bluetooth) you get the SOG and COG and you will see the current position on your screen.
WinGPS™ Marine is the navigation app that allows true marine navigation on your Android device. In this app you can use the digital nautical charts for route planning with GPS via WIFI or bluetooth. You can also get data from AIS, GRIB meteo and record the tracks you have sailed. Use the built-in "timebar" to see the developments of the wind, rain, air pressure and AIS plotted on the screen.
The WinGPS™ Marine Plus upgrade provides you all the best of the Marine Apps. This advanced navigation app helps you plan routes under every condition. You can connect your board system using a wireless connection and use all this data to your advantage. The worldwide tidal & current predictions can be displayed in the data plotter, and on your chart screen.
CHART COVERAGE & INSTALLING CHARTS
When starting WinGPS™ Marine you will automatically use the free charts of OpenStreetMap. You can also download the free world chart via the chart manager.
For safe navigation you can best use digital water charts which Stentec offers you in the Google Play ™ store or in the online shop on www.stentec.com. When purchasing a chart you get a license code which you can activate on 2 separate machines (with a third backup activation). This enables you to use the charts on your Android device as well as on your laptop/PC.
If you purchased charts using Google Play™, you need to connect them with your account to use them in WinGPS™ Marine. You can do this 2 hours after purchase. If you purchased the charts via www.stentec.com, this will go automatically.
If you login in WinGPS™ Marine, you can select your DKW chart licenses in the chart manager to download and update for use in the app. The charts are immediately ready for use!
Examples of DKW Charts are: Stentec’s DKW charts, UKHO, BSH, Imray, Delius Klasing and the DKW 1800 series with weekly BaZ update service.
On your PC you can download the free BSB charts of for example NOAA. After installation with the DKW Manager, you can copy these charts to your tablet. The easiest way to do this is with a USB cable.
Examples of NOAA/BSB charts are: United States, Brazil, New Zealand, and all charts you create with DKW Builder (scanned charts).
We are very interested in your experiences with this app and your suggestions so that we can use it to improve this app. If you got any suggestions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Are you ready to map?
Our exclusive free app includes outstanding worldwide background charts, so you can start planning your journey right away! Plan your next cruise, set routes, look for marinas along your voyage or even share the tracks of your last adventure…these are just some of the things you can do with Plan2Nav.
Advanced navigation features
Like a “handheld chartplotter,” Plan 2Nav lets you:
- View charts in “birds eye” Perspective View
- Enable GPS to track Speed Over Ground (SOG), Course Over Ground (COG) and Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).*
- Create and edit routes
- View GPS tracks
- Download free weather for a five-day forecast overlaid onto the chart
- Select North Up or Course Up orientation for a fully rotating vector visualization
- View Clock, Compass and set Distance Units
- Support for ActiveCaptain, user generated content for marine services
Complete the Journey - Upgrade to full C-MAP by Jeppesen cartography
Purchase affordable, expansive map coverage to unlock the full potential of Plan2Nav. Benefit from the features and award-winning technology that have made C-MAP by Jeppesen the choice of more than 1 million boaters worldwide:
-Detailed Harbor Charts
-Exclusive Aerial Photos and Diagrams
-C-Marina Ports Database
-Dynamic Tides and Current Predictions
-Depth Contours and Land Elevations
Once downloaded, these feature-packed maps stay recorded on the device and are always accessible – even when no wireless connection is available
* Continued use of GPS running in background can reduce battery life
• Compatible Global Positioning Software ¹
• Google Account
• Google My Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/d/) Experience
¹ Viewpoints software is compatible with the following mobile based GPS software:
Sygic GPS Navigation
MapFactor: GPS Navigation
GPS Navigation BE-ON-ROAD
PAPAGO! Mobile S1(Taiwan)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO USE VIEWPOINTS SOFTWARE WITH YOUR ANDROID GPS
A: PRELOAD MAP POINTS IN MY MAPS AND DOWNLOAD INTO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE GPS WITH VIEWPOINTS.
1. Go to: https://www.google.com/maps/d/ and LOG IN with your Google email and password.
(If you do not have a Google account , you must create one.)
2. In Google My Maps, create a New Map or Open a Map.
3. Save your Map Points (locations) on Google Maps.
4. Open VIEWPOINTS and DOWNLOAD Locations from MY MAPS to your GPS ”FAVORITES”.
5. Your map data is now accessible in your GPS Favorites.
B: LOAD MAP POINTS FROM YOUR ANDROID DEVICE GPS AND UPLOAD TO MY MAPS WITH VIEWPOINTS.
1. Open VIEWPOINTS on your Android device.
2. UPLOAD your GPS Favorites to your MY MAPS. A new Google map is created.
3. Access your exported GPS locations at https://www.google.com/maps/d/
Note: Beginning with Android 4.4.2, Apps will not have permission to read SD card data. For best results, store map data on internal memory; not on SD card.