Designed by existing police officers, Pocket Sergeant enables you to;
* Search criminal law definitions and points to prove in England & Wales by name and Act / Section
* Learn whether there is sufficient to charge a suspect (offence specific)
* When a crime report should be submitted (offence specific)
* Customisable Contacts section containing police force and partner agency telephone numbers
* Keep your work life separate with the built in Calendar
* Assistance when writing witness statements
* CCCJS Codes for many offences
* Reference Library to view PDFs offline such as the PACE Codes of Practice
* Email articles for printing
* Add a pin code for privacy
* Use Quick Scroll icons to find what information you want more quickly
* Increase / decrease font size
* Get In Touch section to offer any feedback
Please visit our website and check out our blog at: www.pocketsergeant.co.uk
NB - Pocket Sergeant covers UK law only
The content of Pocket Sergeant is provided for general information. The owner and developers do not accept any responsibility or liability for its use. By downloading and using Pocket Sergeant you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
v1.2 Update notes -
We’ve got some great new updates in v1.2 including;
- NEW! Offline Reference Library allowing you to access the PACE Codes of Practice, reform of anti-social behaviour powers and other great reference PDFs such as; the Gravity Factor Matrix for Adults and MORE!
- NEW! Updated crime information! Some old and dated documents removed and / or edited. New crime information added such as Domestic Violence Protection Notices (DVPNs), Keeping Dogs Under Proper Control (updated), Traffic Offence Reports, further Mental Health Act sections, Found on Enclosed Premises and MORE!
- NEW! Witness Statements are now called Checklists as they now include so much more than Witness Statements! New additions include Victim Personal Statement, Drink Drive, Drunk & Disorderly Statements, Handover Checklist and MORE!
- Changing word size now edits in real time so you can easily chose a new font size
- If you’re a fan of Pocket Sergeant we’d be really grateful if you would leave us a review via the new review pop up
- Updated and polished layouts make all the information easier to read
- App name changed from Pocket Sergeant to Pocket Sgt. Looks a bit smarter on your home screen!
- Plenty of bug fixes and performance issues solved
We’ve also taken the time to add in analytics so we can see which are your most used parts of Pocket Sergeant allowing us to focus on the most used parts of the app, increase functionality of popular sections and restructuring those that aren’t used as much. Please note that the analytics are completely anonymous, we don’t take any details from your device other than how you are using the app. When starting the new update you will have the opportunity to opt in to the analytics and help us improve the app in future updates.
As always, if you find any issues with the app on your device, please get in touch through the “Get in Touch” section in the app and provide us with as much information as possible including the make / model of your device and operating system version it is running.
Thanks for downloading Pocket Sergeant and enjoy the new updates!
The Pocket Sergeant team.
The App contains over 250 articles, which are split into the following categories:
★ Criminal Damage
★ Public Order
★ Anti-Social Behaviour
★ Sexual Offences
★ Traffic Law
★ Police / Courts
★ Sporting Offences
★ Use of Force
★ Human Rights
★ Miscellaneous Offences
POINTS TO PROVE
Legislation articles include the points to prove for the offence.
Handy guides that include GOWISELY, ADVOKATE, PEACE interview model, Conflict management model, Arrest Conditions, FPN codes, PND codes and more.
You can search from within the App by subject and key words that will then display all the relevant articles for your search query.
EMAIL and PRINT
There is also the facility to email each article so that you can then print it off – very useful for points to prove in interviews!
The App contains offences from Acts of Law that apply in England and Wales (Although some of these acts also apply in Scotland and Northern Ireland).
This app provides access to a LIVE and constantly updated online database of UK Legislation, Aide memoires and other useful information.
PC Plod is designed to be a useful reference tool for serving officers and staff with in England and Wales.
* Articles have collapsible sections to make it easier to read on small devices
* Articles contain points-to-prove, extract of the legal section from UK law
* All articles can be bookmarked for easy reference later
* All articles can be searched
* View articles by category or View articles by Act & Section
* Tag View search helps find the most popular articles
* Customise the article viewing
This app needs access to the Internet because the database is a live hosted database. Some of the database is cached locally for performance reasons. In addition this application needs permissions to the device itself in order to detect the status of the network connection.
Most of the material in this App and online database is subject to Crown copyright and is used under the terms of the Open Government Licence. Please see the About page in the page for full terms and conditions regarding usage and copyright.
UK Public General Acts
For solicitors, lawyers, civil servants, officials, students, dissidents and any citizen who wants to know the laws.
Use it with 'SmartLeges', the best international legislation manager for Android.
- Data is stored locally. No Internet connection needed after downloading the document.
- Share articles via text messages or email.
- SmartLeges Lite free reader has to be installed on your device to be able to read the associated document. Search it in the Android Market.
- External memory space is needed to save the associated document.
seo: UK Legislation United Kingdom legislation U.K. Scotland Scottish Wales Northern Ireland great britain solicitors legal lawyer attorney school penal regulation reference rules law laws codes Political politic federal UK Public General Acts UK Local Acts Scottish Parliament statutory instruments national assembly