For tips, instructions and more info, check out www.spotcycle.net.
** We’re revamping Spotcycle and want your suggestions. Check out lab.spotcycle.net for more! **
Follow us on our blog at blog.spotcycle.net, on Facebook www.facebook.com/Spotcycle, or on Twitter @Spotcycle.
• Displays bike and bike dock availability at bike stations.
• Pie chart icons indicate bike and bike dock availability
• Displays the time of the last update below the title
• Search for stations by name, bike or bike dock availability
• Search for stations by proximity to current location or to a point of interest provided by Google Places
NEARBY BIKE STATIONS
• Automatically lists the 10 stations closest to your current location
• Filtered search function automatically lists the 10 stations closest to your current location that meet the filter criteria (available bikes, bike docks, or stations); adjusts the list dynamically as your location changes.
• Displays units of measurement in metric or imperial
• Toggle display of bike paths (where supported), bike stations or both with the layers feature
• Displays bikes paths and lanes in supported cities (refer to www.spotcycle.net)
• Create and save personalized and/or thematic bike routes
• Manage and edit your bike routes: annotate points of interest; add descriptions to bike routes and annotations.
• Share bike routes with other members or with your social media community (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or email) and try out routes from other members.
• Review and revise bike routes during and/or after recording.
• Create and group your favorite bike stations within a specified radius or by address. Synchronize favorites to Spotcycle.net accounts.
• Optimize biking directions using an address, your current position, a bike station, or a point of interest
• Search for local businesses provided by Google Places
TIMER AND ALARM
• Keep track of your bike rental with a timer and alarm
• Choose and customize your map views and pins
• Supports landscape mode
• Available in French and English
• Easy email access to contact Spotcycle team and supported bike share schemes for support
Spotcycle™ supports the following popular bike-sharing schemes as well as many others. For the complete list of supported schemes, visit spotcycle.net.
- Melbourne, VIC (Melbourne Bike Share™)
- Montreal, QC (BIXI Montreal™)
- Ottawa-Gatineau, ON-QC (Capital BIXI™)
- Toronto, ON (BIXI Toronto™)
- London (Barclays Cycle Hire™)
- Boston, MA (Hubway™)
- Chicago, IL (Divvy Bikes™)
- Minneapolis, MN (Nice Ride Minnesota™)
- New York City, NY (Citi Bike™)
- Washington DC/Arlington VA, USA (Capital Bikeshare™)
- Most B-Cycle™ and DecoBike™ bike share schemes
More from developer
CycleFinder is the official application of the bike sharing systems, member of the PBSC Urban Solutions family, for the following systems:
- WE-cycle (Aspen)
- Bay Area Bike Share
- Bike Chattanooga
- Divvy (Chicago)
- CoGo (Columbus)
This free application lets you know, in real time, the number of bikes and docking points available at each station.
Simply select the desired city and use the map or the list of stations to obtain the desired information. You can add your favorite stations and see the list of those stations only.
You can also select nearby stations. Using GPS on your smartphone, you can get the list of stations in close proximity to where you are.
A timer is also available to you to better manage the length of your trip.