An app to guide you through your pregnancy and beyond and maintain a healthy and functioning pelvic floor muscle.
- Instructions on how to do pelvic floor muscle exercises
- Pelvic floor exercise reminders
- Timed personal pregnancy milestones related to your pelvic floor muscle health
- Tips to help you looking after your pelvic floor, bladder and bowel during pregnancy
- Information about pelvic floor muscle safe exercising
- Health and wellbeing tips to help you look after yourself
- Links and further information
Did you know 1 in 3 Australian women wet themselves after giving birth? In the majority of cases, urinary incontinence as a result of pregnancy and childbirth is preventable and treatable.
The Pregnancy Pelvic Floor Plan app aims to guide and inform pregnant women about pelvic floor muscle related issues throughout their pregnancy. It encourages regular pelvic floor muscle training, to help minimise the risk for women to be the one out of three Australian women experiencing incontinence after birth.
The app features tips on looking after your pelvic floor, bladder and bowel during pregnancy; instructions on how to do pelvic floor exercises and reminders to do them; information about safe exercise during and after pregnancy; health and wellbeing tips on looking after yourself; and useful links to find further information. The information in the app is divided into key pregnancy milestones, personalised reminders and further information.
This NEW and updated free Pregnancy Pelvic Floor Plan app was developed by the Continence Foundation of Australia in conjunction with The Pregnancy Centre and with input from women who are currently pregnant or have recently had a baby.