'Blind Assistant Free' turns your phone into a sonar employing a speaker to emit the sound pulses and a microphone to record the return echoes. This application is part of a research project that has the ambition to develop a modern echolocator able to operate at not ultrasonic frequencies. Just point your phone in the direction you are walking to detect the presence of nearby obstacles and estimate their distance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This application takes advantage of the hardware of a mobile phone to the limit of its possibilities. Some phones cannot be supported, while other phones will be supported in the future.
Negative ratings of this application, due to the phone hardware limitations or incompatible features will have the only effect to stop the developing. We thank all users who sent reports and suggestions to improve the program.
● The multimedia speaker must be oriented in the same direction of the obstacles.
● Do not cover the microphone and the speaker with fingers or hands.
● Fast and reliable algorithm
● Immediate start by double clicking
● Advanced Setting
● User friendly program
● Professional Handbook for users