DiabetesMeter is an application for people suffering from insulin-dependent diabetes. It provides support in taking day-to-day decisions regarding products consumed, physical effort and insulin dosage. It includes a reporting module which allows a patient and a physician to monitor effectiveness of treatment and optimize it, if needed. Based on content from the biggest and oldest medical publishing house in Poland – Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL.
The application will be of use for people treated with:
quickly acting insulin analogs (with insulin injection generally before each meal)
short-acting insulin and mixed insulin (without insulin injection before some of the meals, for instance, a 2nd breakfast).
DiabetesMeter offers the following functionalities:
- calculator of carbohydrate exchanges (CE) and protein and fat exchanges (PFE); the user has at his/her disposal 250 basic products with information about ingredients and their nutritional value; moreover, he/she may add new items manually or download them from the DietMeter application
- analysis of the past meals; the application searches for meals composed of ingredients as close as possible to the currently consumed meal; the user may check insulin dozes taken at that time and outcome, that is blood sugar after eating
- hints regarding dozing of insulin
- reminders to replace the infusion set (in case of using an insulin pump) or to take a medicine
- reports for the needs of consultation with your physician.