The glycemic index or GI ranks carbohydrates according to their effect on blood glucose levels. The lower the GI, the slower the rise in blood glucose levels will be when the food is consumed. The effect may differ from person to person.
It is recommended that people with diabetes have moderate amounts of carbohydrate and include high fibre foods that also have a low GI (not all high fibre foods have a low GI).
Some research has shown that by eating a diet with a lower GI, people with diabetes can reduce their average blood glucose levels. This is important in reducing the risk of developing diabetes-related complications.
GI numbers are to be used as a guide only as individual foods do not have the same response in all people with diabetes.
Low GI foods are foods with a GI less than 55.
Intermediate GI foods are foods with a GI between 55 and 70.
High GI foods are foods with a GI greater than 70.
The recommendation is to eat more low and intermediate GI foods, not to exclude high GI foods.
The GI is only a small part of the healthy eating plan for people with diabetes.
With over 300 food glycemic index GI is the best choice you can find on google play.
GI glycemic index Pro removes advertising
Download it Now!
- Quickly and easily track blood glucose, hemoglobin A1c, food, weight and many others
- Ability to add/edit categories to suit your needs
Generate detailed graphs and reports to share with your physician
- Supports both US and International units for glucose and hemoglobin A1c
- Easily keep track of your daily, weekly and monthly average glucose levels
- Set reminders to keep you on track
We’ve made a few exciting updates and look forward to making more in the future that will improve your experience with the app. We’d love to hear your feedback – you can reach us anytime at email@example.com
• Record everything – blood glucose levels, carbohydrates, insulin dosages, exercise, notes, tags, and pictures.
• Edit entries quickly with the intuitive user interface.
• Powerful tags system – categorize entries using tags.
• Take pictures of meals – helps you remember how much you ate.
• Detailed graphs and statistics – provides key insight on your blood glucose levels.
• Filter entries and statistics – find what you’re looking for by date, type, mealtime, tags, and low or high BG.
• Insulin calculator – automatically calculates insulin boluses for each meal.
• Insulin on board – protects you from insulin over dosage.
• Carbohydrates calculator - calculate total carbohydrates from multiple food servings.
• Reminders – remind yourself to give insulin or check your blood sugar.
• Email spreadsheet reports to doctors and family.
• Backup and restore data.
• Import existing data using a CSV file.
• Supports mg/dL (U.S.) and mmol/L (international).
Languages supported: English, French, Italian (contact me if you would like to help with translations)
Feel free to suggest new features at http://bgmonitor.uservoice.com/
Learn more about the diabetes app at http://www.gordon-wong.com/bgmonitor/
See your glucose variations over the period of 7-14-30 days. With a target goal you can determine how well you have managed over the period of time and seek advises from your doctor. With an extensive FAQ database, you can learn more about the medication that you are taking and how a good diabetes management can be achieve by healthy eating, regular exercise routine and through lifestyle choices.
Post your screen images on Facebook and by email or share your information with your doctor instantly through ForaCare's advanced TeleHealth solution software.
The app works smoothly with the Diamond Mini and Diamond Voice via Bluetooth connection and iDiamond Blood Glucose Monitoring System to directly connect to an iPhone® or iPod touch®.
Features of the software include:
Note down your activities with each measurement.
Blood glucose results are color coded, with Red for too high, Green for Normal and Yellow for too low.
See your results sorted by time.
Blood glucose management at a glance! Data is displayed in a weekly format, for AC, PC, night and sleep, with the color coding system making it much easier to see the usual ups and downs of blood glucose level during the week.
Data is organized into an interactive trend chart, where you will be able to connect the dots of 4 different measurement modes to see how the blood glucose level have gone up and down at different times of the day.
Understand your weekly lifestyle! See the glucose readings overlaying on one single graph, in past 7, 14 and 30days. Identify activities that lead to extreme glucose levels.
See instantly how insulin dosage, medication, activities and food intake impact your blood glucose levels. The graphs are displayed in a scale of 24-hour period, from midnight to midnight.
This application is information recording and self-monitoring tool only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent or recommend treatment for any disease or illness.
Consult your doctor for informed medical advice about your health and more.
Meet your targets by tracking the key data like blood sugar(glucose), insulin, food consumption, pulse, weight, blood pressure and upload the records to phrbox.com or Google Health for online analysis and backup.
Diabetesbox lets you define a treatment plan based on your symptoms and diagnosis. Treatment plan is a collection of expected events. Diabetesbox creates reminders and alerts based on your treatment plan and recorded data. You can use widgets for one touch record entry
Taking care of someone? Diabetesbox shows you records and alarms from users who share data with you.
Need bigger screen? www.phrbox.com allows you to manage records, plans, notifications, alarms online and syncs it all back into your pocket.
More from developer
Aplikacja ta może być przydatna wszędzie tam, gdzie musimy sprawdzić dość szybko prawdziwość podanych danych przez naszego Klienta.
Save time when you use our bill splitter! You will like this one better.