IVONA - The leader in realistic, natural-sounding & accurate TTS voices for your Android device.
No more robotic, sythesized voices. IVONA for Android replaces the synthesized text-to-speech (TTS) voices currently available on your Android device with more natural sounding, accurate & easy-to-understand voices. Select from 13 different languages to find the one best suited for you. Easy to install one or several different voices!
IVONA is compatible with many of your favorite Android applications. With IVONA, enjoy:
☆ Turn-by-turn voice navigation so you can keep your eyes on the road (e.g. Google Maps)
☆ Have your ebooks naturally read aloud to you (e.g. Moon+ Reader Pro)
☆ Listen to online content, articles, PDF documents & RSS feeds (e.g. Pocket, ezPDF Reader, gReader)
☆ Change the voice on your virtual assistant (e.g. Jeannie, iris, Skyvi)
☆ Enjoy improved accessibility (e.g. TalkBack built-into Android)
☆ Increase your productivity (e.g. Driving Mode built-into Android)
Key features include:
• BrightVoice technology provides lifelike, expressive reading of all your text
• Clear & easy-to-understand sound – even in noisy environments
• A rapidly expanding portfolio of award-winning voices available in multiple languages, accents & genders
• Easy-to-install & use with automatic, free updates
Get started in 4 easy steps:
1. Install IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ to your Android device from the Google Play store
2. Select & install your preferred language and voice(s) from the Google Play store
3. Once downloaded, launch the IVONA app to complete your installation
4. Finally, Select IVONA TTS Engine as your default engine by navigating to Android Settings
Now you’re ready to experience world-class IVONA Text-to-Speech & IVONA voices on your favorite text-to-speech enabled Android apps.
This Free beta version will work without any limitations till beta tests ends.
We want to hear from you. If you have a concern, kindly email us and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
Browse FAQs: http://mobile.faq.ivona.com/pkb_mobile_i4m?l=en_US#home/l:en_US
Visit us: http://ivona.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ivonatts
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ivonatts
Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ivona/posts
Languages currently supported:
This is a port of eSpeak to Android for 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later (including Android 4.3), supporting all 79 languages and accents of eSpeak (see http://reecedunn.co.uk/espeak-for-android for the list).
It is built on the eyes-free version, fixing multiple issues found in the eyes-free version:
1. Compatibility with Android 4.3 (as of 1.47.11d);
2. Speech rate and pitch are correctly handled, so eSpeak on Android sounds like it does on the desktop;
3. Speech rate is set as words per minute
4. Pitch, base pitch and volume are configurable as percentages.
5. The eSpeak variant can be selected, including the NVDA voice variants.
6. Punctuation level and punctuation characters are configurable.
7. Languages are correctly selected (e.g. selecting Slovak and Slovenian, or selecting Cantonese Chinese);
8. Language names are correctly displayed (e.g. "Scottish English" is displayed as "English (United Kingdom, Scottish Standard English)" instead of "English (Saychelles)");
9. Accent and special characters are supported;
10. MIPS-based devices are supported;
11. Various memory leaks and crashes are fixed;
12. SSML is only processed if the SSML markup is wrapped in a tag.
13. Support for importing custom-built eSpeak dictionaries.
NOTE: When enabling eSpeak, you will get a message stating "This speech synthesis engine may be able to collect all the text that will be spoken, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the eSpeak engine. Enable the use of this speech synthesis engine?". This is a standard warning issued by Android devices for accessibility software that comes from an external source.
The eSpeak engine does not collect any data in the text passed to it. All the source code to the core eSpeak engine and the Android port is available for you to verify this if you are concerned.
eSpeak for Android: https://github.com/rhdunn/espeak/tree/android
Any issues should be reported to https://github.com/rhdunn/espeak/issues.
The flags in the feature graphic are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike by Wikipedia. The lips were designed by Jonathan Duddington. The application icon and feature graphic were designed by Reece H. Dunn.
The eSpeak source code is licensed under GPLv3+ by Jonathan Duddington.
The Android port is derived from the eyes-free port by Google under the Apache 2.0 license. Additional modifications have been made by Reece H. Dunn, also under the Apache 2.0 license.
The Unicode character handling (for correct handling of accented and non-Latin characters) is provided by the ucd-tools project by Reece H. Dunn, licensed under the GPLv3+ license. This project uses data tables generated from the Unicode Character Database (UCD) by http://unicode.org.
*** Now with a 2 weeks FREE trial for all voices ! ***
Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.
Classic Text To Speech Engine from SVOX, in combination with our 40+ male/female voices portfolio of 25+ languages, allows you to read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, our voices can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40+ voices.
Voice packages can be tried out for 2 weeks FOR FREE, or purchased separately.
Our voices are great with Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/gallery for more.
Language availability: Arabic (male), Australian English (female), Brazilian Portuguese (female), Canadian French (male/female), Cantonese (female), Czech (female), Danish (female), Dutch (male/female), Finnish (female), French (male/female), German (male/female), Greek (female), Hungarian (female), Italian (male/female), Japanese (female), Korean (female), Mandarin (female), Mexican Spanish (male/female), Norwegian (female), Polish (female), Portuguese (male/female), Russian (male/female), Slovak (female), Spanish (male/female), Swedish (female), Thai (female), Turkish (male/female), UK English (male/female), US English (male/female).
Questions/problems? Visit us!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable it as follows:
1. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
2. Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
3. Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a trial/full voice for your language.
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language .
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
This voice can synthesize:
* Navigation directions from Google Navigation while driving
* Accessibility information with Talkback
* Twitter, Facebook and newsfeeds with iHearNetwork
* Your favourite eBook from eBook reader apps
* Your SMS with apps like Handcent SMS or Drive Carefully
* and many other TTS-enabled apps
Please note that for some applications such as Google Navigation, we recommend installing on a device with at least a 1GHz processor.
You can try the Adam voice for yourself, in the interactive demo on CereProc's homepage:
Try out VAJA for these new experience:
★ Voice navigation for driving: Google Maps
★ Read phone caller's name and SMS: Android's Driving mode, SMS listen
★ Read E-books out loud: Moon+ Reader, Epubreader
★ Virtual assistants' voice: Skyvi, Assistant, Jeannie
★ Accessibility mode's new voice: Android's Accessibility mode, talkback
★ Customizable pronunciation sounds, to suit your own needs, for acronym and text
★ Able to set prefer language for pronunciation of number and other characters, not just relying on analyzing surrounding context
★ Adjustable Speaking Volume
★ Efficient and reliable speech synthesis
★ Continue to update, for further improvement on the quality of voice and pronunciation
★ Able to support both English and Thai language in one installation
★ Automatic and simple installation
We want to hear all of your opinion and will appreciate all of your advices. Please contact us if you experience any problems or have any suggestions, so that we can further improve VAJA to suit your need.
Our website: http://www.vajatts.com