#FakeHunter is a social project of verifying content published on the Internet, launched by the Polish Press Agency together with GovTech Polska, the aim of which is to expose false news.
Using the #FakeHunter application, each Internet user can submit questionable content for verification, and then receive a credible answer in the form of a verdict and a report verifying the truthfulness of the reported publication prepared by social opinion leaders and PAP experts.
- Reporting questionable web content by indicating the URL of the publication, description and a question specifying the reported topic
- Ability to add user screenshots to reports
- Option to mark questionable fragments in attached screenshots
- Application saving function - to be completed later
- Notifications about ticket verification by the fact-checking team based on the email address entered
- Browse all #FakeHunter verdicts and fact-check reports by subject category
- #FakeHunter support for all major news and social applications
If you come across information on the Internet that you have doubts about, please send it to us for verification. Our experts will check its content on the basis of reliable sources, and you will receive a back link with the verdict.
How to do it
- install the application and #FakeHunter on your mobile device
- open the browser or other application the content you want to report
- use the system "share" function to select the #FakeHunter application on the sharing screen
- fill in the form fields, ask a question about the fact that raises your doubts, enter your e-mail address to which we will send you the verification result (we do not store e-mail addresses in the database)
- you can add a screenshot of the content you report, if you have done it before, if you cannot use the "save sketch" function, save your submissions on the list and come back to it later, among others. with ready dump
- on the screenshot you can mark the content you are questioning more precisely
- if the application is ready to be sent, click the "report" button
In the application, you will find all verified information reported to us by Internet users, divided into categories. Also yours, once it has been verified.