Reviews: Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/auri-reads-your-rss-feeds-aloud-responds-to-voice-comm-1298452714
Addictive Tips: http://www.addictivetips.com/android/listen-to-your-rss-reddit-other-feeds-in-style-on-android-with-auri/
This is Auri's first release and we're actively working on many, many more features.
If you have any suggestions, please post to www.reddit.com/r/auri.
* Listen to Reddit posts and comments
* Play voice controlled Trivia, completely hands free
* Reddit and RSS feeds specially processed for realistic speech
* Works any TTS engine (We highly recommend Ivona, it's free on google play)
* Great for travel, shower or any other situation where reading is not an option :)
Some of the planned future features:
* Voice Comments to posts on Reddit (Transcribed by Auri)
* Full trivia game
* More voice commands
* More sources
* Sorting by New, Hot and Top
* Advanced Reddit features
NEW: The Read List
Now you can send headlines from your wearable to your phone for reading later! As you're reading through your headlines on Android Wear, just swipe up to get the "Read this later" button. Tap and the article will be sent back to WeaRSS to the "Read List." Save any number of articles to read later!
- Follow any number of RSS/Atom feeds.
- Headlines and a brief description will get sent to your device - you'll see the most recent headlines first.
- Choose how frequently headlines get synced.
- Choose how many headlines from each feed will be sent with each update.
- Send articles to from your wearable to the "Read List" for reading the full article later.
- Open articles in your mobile browser individually or all at once.
- Single or multi-deletion of Read List articles once you've read them.
- Choose what happens when you tap on Read List items in the settings.
Opening via voice control is supported! After you've brought up the "OK, Google" voice input screen, just say "Open App My Headlines". The app will open showing you the headlines that have been synced to your device.
Need help adding feeds?
Check out my website for a tutorial on how to get feeds into WeaRSS: http://creativedrewy.com
Feature requests? Bugs? Please don't give a low rating! Help me make this the app you want to use. Email me with your comments, questions, anything.
Thanks to Cyril Mottier for the Android Wear device frame graphics for wearable screenshots.
The application operates like standard mobile web browser, however, was enhanced by an innovative mechanism for reading text of articles by using speech synthesis technology. The mechanism reads the content downloaded by the user from Internet. The application has been created for people who frequently move with mobile phone or carry out activities which prevent them from reading Internet news or for whom reading the content of Internet on the phone is difficult due to the small size of the display and navigation difficulties hampered by the small dimensions of the device. Talking Browser gives users free access to information in any situation.
Program is simple and convenient to use. It is used as a typical web browser. Application has options such as entering of internet address, navigation etc. You can also set how the application behaves e.g. you can choose voice (male / female), voice speed, echo, etc. What differentiates this from typical browsers is to use speech synthesis mechanism by which it is possible read the contents of the article currently being viewed. The mechanism starts by clicking on the Read button which starts reading of an entire article. User can also focus on a selected part of the article, by allowing selection a piece of text of the article and then listen to it. Besides these two basic options, our application allows you to change the parameters of synthetic voice generation.
In order to use this application you will need to create an account at http://www.i-talks.com/SignUp page. You can also manage your profile directly from the website.
Currently service supports following mobile platforms: Android, Windows Mobile, Java2ME/Midlet and iPhone. The service offers access to articles from most popular websites in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand etc. The service is available in English. In order to use this application, user has to register the profile on www or by using Register function in mobile phone application.
Generally there are two account types: Basic (free) and Premium (paid monthly subscription). Premium members have access to all service options. Basic members have access to a limited functionality (less Internet news, they have also to listen to audio ads preceding Internet news etc).