This app downloads newly recorded news and magazine articles from the Cotswold Listener. Each article is accompanied by a text headline (for the partially sighted) and a spoken headline for the blind user. The user can then select to listen to the full article, or move onto another story. All articles are saved, so the user is not restricted by the need for a network connection. Articles older than 30 days are automatically deleted. Stories can be paused – resumed at any time, and listened to in a continuous loop.
To support use by totally blind users, the app utilises the accelerometer (g sensor) to allow the user to navigate through articles by tilting the device left to right, and up and down. Partially-sighted uses are supported by very large text and the ability to select from a range of text/background colour contrasts. The app can also be navigated by touch/gesture alone if preferred.
...ah...it's a talk show... but what should I be talking about... Well, I guess I'm just gonna talk about me, things I like, what's happening at school, etc etc... Like how I love fortune-telling and playing around with digital gadgets. Oh you know what? I just assembled my own PC the other day! Anyway, tune in to my show and see for yourself!
Launch, tap, and interact with me! Answer my questions
and I might use your feedback for the show next day. The show is
updated several times every day with the latest news and tons more!
What's cool is that this app is free! It would be even cooler if you
subscribe for additional shows and support my extracurricular
activity! I'm trying to get my friends on the show too!
I'm running on this motion technology called
'Live2D' which is why I appear and move so real! Oh and it looks like there will be some game function inside the app too!
Some parts in this app may show up in Japanese language. Great way to learn Japanese, right?
The strength of this software is that it not only uses speech recognition but also has built-in smart filters that ensure that only the actual contents of each newspaper article is read aloud. Advertising, web links, etc. are filtered out and thus not spoken.
This app is also suitable for use by the blind and visually impaired.
To open a list with all newspapers you can say or type:
To open a particular newspaper you can use the menu or say / type:
- "Associated Press".
- "BBC Sport".
- "Daily Mail".
- "Daily Mirror".
- "Herald Tribune".
- "New York Times".
- "Sunday Times".
- "The Telegraph".
- "The Times".
- "Washington Post".
You will sometimes be asked to be more specific, because virtually every newspaper is divided into several sections or
categories. However, you can also select the desired item from a list box.
Listen carefully to the titles in the list of available newspaper categories so you can call them directly. For example, say "New York Times Business".
This manual can also be read aloud by saying "Help" or "Userguide".
If you want more information about a particular newspaper you can say: "Help me with" followed by the newspapername.
Example: "Help me with The Independent".
We recommend that you select (or install) a good quality English speaking voice (eg from SVOX, Acapela and/or Ivona) for your Android. The built-in Google Pico in your Android will also do, but there are more pleasant voices in the Google Playstore.
If you like this app then we refer you also to our "BRAINZ" Personal Assistant software which offers more than 1200 similar features.
We wish you lots of pleasure with this software.
We blow away the competition with our exclusive features:
✓ Instant Replay! What did they just say? Tap to rewind and hear it again!
✓ Alpha Tags Support! Now you can tell who is talking and when the scanner is scanning!
Plus these great features:
✓ Listen Live. Listen to live police, firefighter, emergency medical, air traffic control, and railroad scanner radio bands.
✓ Listen while you use other apps.
✓ Follow the action with a handy police code chart.
✓ Local and global. Listen in to your town or others in the US, Canada, and Australia!
We offer all the police, fire, EMS, ATC, and railroad scanners of our competitors. Plus, we are actively building our own list of exclusive scanner feeds.
* News stories, reviews, and guides updated throughout the day
* Notifications when new Android news is available (optional)
* Read reviews, guides, and news right in the app
* Comment on stories right in the app
* Optimised layout for tablets and larger screens
* Share stories easily with your friends.
* Fast rendering of stories - faster and more interactive than our mobile site!
* Ad supported, with ad-free paid option (click Settings > Disable Ads)
You can listen to internet web pages while driving(on-line or off-line) or cooking, or while checking your emails, and soon you will find normal web reading rather boring.
- Open home page(starting URL such as http://news.google.com, etc), and select(click) an item, then thereafter web pages will be read aloud for you to listen to in language selected.
- SHARE button of other applications(internet browser, twitter, etc) will open this app. for you to read the content aloud, bookmark and save as off-line notes.
- Reading started automatically after web page completed loaded(some delay depending on network speed).
- The paragraph being currently read with voice is highlighted.
- Move from page to page just like normal web browser, listening web pages read to you aloud.
- Bookmarks are created manually in ADD sub-menu, or via SHARE button of your default web browser.
- Notes are created manually in ADD sub-menu, or by click Save-Off-Line sub-menu button - Bookmarks(links to web pages) are automatically grouped into: Home Pages, Bookmarks,and Notes(off-line text).
- Notes can be read in sequence, and can be saved as audio files.
- Language can be selected for each home page/bookmark/notes.
So, why just read pages when you can listen at the same time with all the ease of use of conventional web browsers intact plus additional features such as off-line listening, etc?
- Google and Samsung TTS Engine
English(US,UK), German, French, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese
- Samsung TTS Engine only
Share the story:
- Share videos, stories, and updates
- Choose your favorite - Facebook, Twitter or Google+
-This application defaults to sending push notifications. Users with Android version less than 4.1 may encounter issues disabling push notifications.
-Users may experience issues with live streaming on some versions of Android
To disable push notification (Android 4.1+):
Go to the app settings menu
Settings ->> App ->> NewsFix
Uncheck 'Show Notifications'
Visit http://cdn.tribtv.com/android/index.html for more details.
Your subscriptions sync across devices - no need to re-add them for each device, and great peace of mind for anyone who's ever left their phone in the back of a cab. Our servers fetch and mix, saving you bandwidth and precious battery life. Syncing tales seconds, not minutes. Offline access is child's play too, it "just works" by default.
Player FM's free forever with minimal permissions.
"Attractive UI...What this new app really brings to the table is the way it presents new content to podcast listeners"
- Android Central
"Searching for new podcasts was a breeze...surprised this app is free."
"Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts based on category, channel, or even specific topics"
* Follow topics! As well as traditional subscriptions, Player FM lets you find the latest and greatest shows about the topics you care about most. And you can choose from hundreds of topics. There's not just a TV channel, but dozens of channels dedicated to Arrow, Game of Thrones, etc. Not just Tech but Android, Gadgets, Programming, etc. These aren't static catalogues, but *live* playable channels mixing episodes. Follow topics and individual series (from NPR, BBC, ABC, CBC, etc.)
• Stream or sync...your choice. It's simple to stream endlessly from online sources just like a radio (think Pandora or Stitcher), and we support syncing so you can play offline, anytime, with plenty of options (download limits, wifi-only, custom folder, etc). Playing is a breeze too - view progress of each show, resume where you left off, and hide completed episodes.
• Polished interface optimised for tablets as well as phones lets you swipe through shows like a magazine. And a full-featured web app at http://player.fm. Search, browse, play, and manage your subscriptions from any browser.
• Search over 30,000 feeds and add more by URL. OPML works too, so you can import your subscriptions from iTunes, BeyondPod, PocketCasts, etc. It works the other way too - you can easily export to OPML and switch to another app.
• Browse full descriptions and share with other apps. See what's new and hit Play Later to keep any episode offline.
• Supports Android Share feature so you can send shows to friends and other apps.
• Dive into the full history of any series, not just your subscriptions; if it's in their feed, you can play it on Player FM.
• Play in the background and control via homescreen and lock-screen player widgets, pull-down notifications. Bluetooth too.
* Mark All Played and multi-selection.
* Built-in speed control (in beta - try it in our G+ community at https://pioneers.player.fm)
• Always free! No ads, minimal permissions, star up to 50 topics, manage up to 20 subscriptions. Gain more subscriptions by inviting friends (http://player.fm/invites). We're trialling a Gold account with unlimited subscriptions and other benefits.
* Episode + Play Later sync
We love your feedback and respond quickly to every mail, so get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions! Or just to say hi (no really!).
Our app gives you all the very latest news, sport, entertainment and features around the clock.
We’ve been covering Birmingham and the West Midlands for over 100 years - and on our new app you’ll never be more than a click away from the latest headlines and biggest exclusives about events in our region.
If you’re an Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Brom or Wolves fan, our app gives you instant access to the latest developments at the clubs which matter to you, with updates from the writers who have the inside track week in, week out.
Cricket, Speedway, Rugby Union and amateur sports are all also cover in-depth for you to enjoy.
Features and comments which get people talking are also included in our app, along with a what’s on section which makes it easy for you to make sure you don’t miss the events you want to see in Birmingham.
With picture galleries, videos and other interactive features, you’ll never more than a quick swipe away from being up to date with life in Birmingham.
And you can also make sure it’s your Birmingham you get to see with out ‘My Birmingham’ homepage, a fantastic addition which allows you to customise the content the way YOU want to see it, when YOU want to see it.
Share and post your favourite articles to your friends and family via Facebook, Twitter or Email.
- Free to download
- Offline reading for all articles
- 24/7 breaking Birmingham news stories
- Image galleries
- Live Blogging on big stories and sports events
- In depth coverage of Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Brom and Wolves
- Best what’s on in Birmingham guide going.
Doug knows that a good start includes lots of humor, insight and information, along with a special emphasis on the fun, foibles and frustrations of everyday life.
As Talk Radio Countdown begins its 20th year in national syndication, the show is growing fast - as a bright and warm alternative to the mean-spirited negative shows that seem to permeate the airwaves. That's because Talk Radio Countdown focuses on what matters to listeners and their families in their daily lives.
TALK is FREE.
The smartest and easiest way to access all the Moneyweb podcasts and radio shows ... on the go & in the palm of your hand.
Quickly & easily download audio for offline listening.
Stream up-to-the-minute radio shows and podcasts from Moneyweb.
Track your own JSE stock portfolio.
Hook it up to your favourite in-car connector for easy listening when on the move ... use Car Mode to quickly play the latest shows from each of the channels you are interested in.
Herbalist Wendy Wilson will empower you with natural solutions, which can liberate you from drug dependency and expensive medical care.
No health insurance? No problem!
Wendy will show you how to combat minor and major health problems, which may be as simple as using the herbs or foods in your pantry or refrigerator.
Herb Talk Live covers a wide range of health topics which include special guests and encourages listener questions and comments. Join Wendy for an hour of health news you don't want to miss.
หากท่านพบปัญหาในการใช้งาน หรือมีคำแนะนำเพื่อปรับปรุงแอพพลิเคชั่นนี้ โปรดติดต่อทาง email นะครับจะได้สอบถามปัญหาได้สะดวกกว่า
- แสดงความเห็น โหวต แสดงอารมณ์ได้
- ใส่ Pantip Toy ได้
- แสดงกระทู้ที่อ่านแล้ว เพื่อง่ายต่อการดู
- อ่านกระทู้โดยแบ่งตาม ห้อง/Tag
- อ่าน Spoil ได้
- เลือกอ่านเฉพาะประเภทของกระทู้ได้ (กระทู้คำถาม/สนทนา/โพล/รีวิว/ข่าว/ขายของ)
- ตอบ ดู แก้ไขผล Poll
- แก้ไข Poll ได้
- Save กระทู้โปรดได้
- มี History เพื่อหากระทู้ที่พึ่งอ่านไป
- อ่าน/ตอบ หลังไมค์ได้
- Night mode เพื่อความสบายตาสำหรับอ่านในตอนกลางคืน
แจ้งปัญหา/ติดตามข่าวสารได้ทาง https://www.facebook.com/sarunw.page นะครับ
** หมายเหตุ **
- ความสามารถบางอย่างจำเป็นต้องเป็นสมาชิกกับเว็บพันทิป (Pantip) ถึงจะใช้งานได้ เช่น สร้าง/ตอบกระทู้ โดยผู้ใช้งานสามารถทำการสมัครสมาชิกได้ที่เวป http://www.pantip.com **
- แอพนี้ไม่ใช่แอพของทีมงานเว็บพันทิป (Unofficial app) หากเว็บไซต์พันทิบมีการเปลี่ยนแปลงอาจทำให้ไม่สามารถใช้แอพได้นะครับ แต่ผมจะตามอัพเดทให้นะครับ
WNYC is the flagship public radio station of New York City. We produce a range of original and innovative programs and podcasts, including The Brian Lehrer Show, The Leonard Lopate Show, The Takeaway (a co-production with Public Radio International) and, from our newsroom, award-winning local and national reporting. Soundcheck, New Sounds and Spinning on Air feature exclusive performances from the new music scene, while Jonathan Schwartz is the voice of American standards.
We're also home to Radiolab, the Peabody Award-winning show that blurs the boundaries among science, philosophy and the human experience, and Freakonomics Radio, the popular podcast that explores "the hidden side of everything."
Other shows you'll find here include All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Car Talk, Fishko Files, Food Fridays, Fresh Air, Here's the Thing With Alex Baldwin, Last Chance Foods, Morning Edition, Marketplace, Money Talking, Movie Date, New Tech City, On Being, On Point, Radio Rookies, Radiolab, Selected Shorts, Studio 360 , This American Life and The World.
WNYC is a listener-supported public radio station. Your financial support helps make possible our programming, broadcasting and digital innovation. You can find our donation form on the app menu.
The WNYC app was built by the digital media group of New York Public Radio.
More from developer
In order to use this application you will need to create an account at http://www.i-talks.com/SignUp page. You can also manage your profile directly from the website.
Currently service supports following mobile platforms: Android, Windows Mobile, Java2ME/Midlet and iPhone. The service offers access to articles from most popular websites in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand etc. The service is available in English. In order to use this application, user has to register the profile on www or by using Register function in mobile phone application.
Generally there are two account types: Basic (free) and Premium (paid monthly subscription). Premium members have access to all service options. Basic members have access to a limited functionality (less Internet news, they have also to listen to audio ads preceding Internet news etc).
This application installed on mobile phones provide voice access to any user-selected RSS feeds. The application allows not only view the articles in traditional way, but allows also to listen to articles content (in this demo version it reads out only 200 first characters from article) thanks to the text to speech technology. You can listen to the full article or portion by selecting text to be read. RSS Voice Reader has been created for people who frequently move with mobile phone or carry out activities which prevent them from reading Internet news or for whom reading the content of Internet on the phone is difficult due to the small size of the display and navigation difficulties hampered by the small dimensions of the device.
Currently, mobile application RSS Reader can be installed on iPhone. Application is used as a standard RSS reader using typical options for RSS feeds like adding, removing the RSS feed. All downloaded article content is immediately ready for listening. User by clicking Read button can listen depending on screen to the screen content, to the titles of unread articles or to the names of RSS feeds. The application allows to change parameters to control which the way of generation a synthetic voice such as the choice of voice (male / female), timbre of voice, etc.
RSS Voice Reader application solves the problems associated with viewing Internet resources on mobile phones. Solves problems that make reading standard of the mobile screen due to its small surface, difficult navigation for your small buttons. This kind of access to information seems a natural for mobile phone users. This application enables mobile phone users to perform other tasks in parallel while listening to Internet browsing.