Add your favorite web sites, blogs, and social networks like Facebook or
Twitter, and see them transformed into gorgeous visual streams.
Create highly personalised streams in the StreamStudio: Merge several news feeds into one stream, and rename and color-code
that stream. Turn on Taptu Magic to let Taptu learn what you like and tailor your
streams to your interests. Create customized keyword searches to keep you up to date on a
Read and reply to what your friends write on Facebook and Twitter.
Save articles to read them later using Instapaper, Pocket or Taptu's bookmarks.
Sync your streams across devices, platforms, and your browser at taptu.com.
TechCrunch: "The design itself is sleek and clean, allowing you to separate each stream...If you are a power reader or a news junkie, Taptu's app is the way to go. Not only does it allow you to access a large number of news sources (thousands), in an easy to read interface, but it allows you to personalize and customize your feeds"
Wired.com: "Taptu's secret sauce lets you mash up mixed streams...I didn't give up on it after some initial enthusiasm. I kept going back not only to read up on things but also to try things out that occurred to me randomly and to tinker with feeds"
A number of highly customizable widgets including scrollable Lists and Stacks, with custom update times and multiple backgrounds.
Find and add streams
* Add streams: Choose from a huge variety of featured topical streams in our StreamStore. It's all free.
* Find even more content using the search box and Bing RSS Search
* DJ your News: Mix & merge streams and color-code them to your liking. Add and remove sources from Taptu's topical streams or create custom Search Streams by filtering your streams with a keyword.
* Make your streams more interesting: Let Taptu learn what you're into from your reading habits so we can make your streams more relevant to you.
* Suppose you're into football but not tennis and you've added Taptu's sports stream. Taptu Magic will learn what articles you read and show you more football and less tennis.
* You can still add and remove sources from your streams, and you can always switch off Taptu Magic, so you're in control.
* Read your favorite social streams - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
* Share: Post articles and share streams to your friends.
* Post to, like, comment or re-tweet from your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn streams
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop us an email at email@example.com
Follow us on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MyTaptu
Twitter - http://twitter.com/taptu
Web - https://www.taptu.com
South African News Reader is very light and gives breaking news alerts from the top South African Newspapers
South African News Reader breaks every each South African newspaper into its major categories, making it easy and simple for users to reach out their favorites
South African News Reader is bundled with the following South African News papers :
Mail & Guardian (M & G)
Disclaimer: This is NOT an official but a fan made app. All the logos, trademarks and sources are the properties of their respective owners
This app only links users to the sites of the indicated media and thus the app is not to be held responsible for any of the content displayed
- Browse by location
- Browse by language
- Recently played folder
- Favorite folder
- Sleep timer
**** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL USERS ****
Some US-based stations block their streams from being broadcasted outside US.To listen to these stations, you will need to use an HTTP Proxy or a VPN(Virtual Private Network) that makes it look like you are receiving the stream from a US-based IP address.
You can listen to internet web pages while driving(on-line or off-line) or cooking, or while checking your emails, and soon you will find normal web reading rather boring.
- Open home page(starting URL such as http://news.google.com, etc), and select(click) an item, then thereafter web pages will be read aloud for you to listen to in language selected.
- SHARE button of other applications(internet browser, twitter, etc) will open this app. for you to read the content aloud, bookmark and save as off-line notes.
- Reading started automatically after web page completed loaded(some delay depending on network speed).
- The paragraph being currently read with voice is highlighted.
- Move from page to page just like normal web browser, listening web pages read to you aloud.
- Bookmarks are created manually in ADD sub-menu, or via SHARE button of your default web browser.
- Notes are created manually in ADD sub-menu, or by click Save-Off-Line sub-menu button - Bookmarks(links to web pages) are automatically grouped into: Home Pages, Bookmarks,and Notes(off-line text).
- Notes can be read in sequence, and can be saved as audio files.
- Language can be selected for each home page/bookmark/notes.
So, why just read pages when you can listen at the same time with all the ease of use of conventional web browsers intact plus additional features such as off-line listening, etc?
- Google and Samsung TTS Engine
English(US,UK), German, French, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese
- Samsung TTS Engine only
In order to use this application you will need to create an account at http://www.i-talks.com/SignUp page. You can also manage your profile directly from the website.
Currently service supports following mobile platforms: Android, Windows Mobile, Java2ME/Midlet and iPhone. The service offers access to articles from most popular websites in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand etc. The service is available in English. In order to use this application, user has to register the profile on www or by using Register function in mobile phone application.
Generally there are two account types: Basic (free) and Premium (paid monthly subscription). Premium members have access to all service options. Basic members have access to a limited functionality (less Internet news, they have also to listen to audio ads preceding Internet news etc).
This application installed on mobile phones provide voice access to any user-selected RSS feeds. The application allows not only view the articles in traditional way, but allows also to listen to articles content (in this demo version it reads out only 200 first characters from article) thanks to the text to speech technology. You can listen to the full article or portion by selecting text to be read. RSS Voice Reader has been created for people who frequently move with mobile phone or carry out activities which prevent them from reading Internet news or for whom reading the content of Internet on the phone is difficult due to the small size of the display and navigation difficulties hampered by the small dimensions of the device.
Currently, mobile application RSS Reader can be installed on iPhone. Application is used as a standard RSS reader using typical options for RSS feeds like adding, removing the RSS feed. All downloaded article content is immediately ready for listening. User by clicking Read button can listen depending on screen to the screen content, to the titles of unread articles or to the names of RSS feeds. The application allows to change parameters to control which the way of generation a synthetic voice such as the choice of voice (male / female), timbre of voice, etc.
RSS Voice Reader application solves the problems associated with viewing Internet resources on mobile phones. Solves problems that make reading standard of the mobile screen due to its small surface, difficult navigation for your small buttons. This kind of access to information seems a natural for mobile phone users. This application enables mobile phone users to perform other tasks in parallel while listening to Internet browsing.