Take your Android phone up on the slopes this season with our professional and most downloaded tracking application on the market. Just press the record' button, put your phone in your pocket and away you go. Ski Tracks will record your day, distances and track your runs.
• Battery Friendly with Battery Monitor - Records up to 20 hours.
• Tracks without the need for a cellular data or phone signal.
• Take/receive calls and text while tracking.
• Comprehensive Ski Stats and Profile Graphs.
• Maps with Roadmap, Hybrid, Satellite and Terrain modes.
• Maps Tools showing distance, time and stop watch.
• Trim your day, taking off unwanted car journeys using the Map Playback and Trim features.
• Add photographs to track.
• Metric(km/h) and Statute(mph) units.
• Analyse individual Ski Runs and lifts.
• Share your day on Facebook or in Google Earth.
BATTERY FRIENDLY - RECORD YOUR WHOLE DAY
Unlike many other tracking applications Ski Tracks is designed to use less power and will last all day (1). Ski Tracks also includes a battery monitor - stopping tracking if your battery level gets too low - which reduces the possibility of a dead phone at the end of the day.
NO DATA OR PHONE SIGNAL REQUIRED FOR TRACKING
Unlike many other ski applications, Ski Tracks does not require any data or phone signal for Tracking. This means you can enjoy your skiing or riding without worrying about data costs. (See Note 2)
RUN IN BACKGROUND
Ski Tracks can run with your phone locked. It can also be paused and resumed at any time.
ACCURATE SKI/SNOWBOARD STATS
Ski Tracks uses special algorithms designed for mountain users to accurately calculate your speed, slope angle and ski vertical.
Want to check your last run maximum speed or duration or even your last ascent, then use the Run-by-Run analysis tool and Ski Tracks will break your day up into runs and lifts.
Why not share your Ski Day along with your photographs on Facebook? Or even email a file that will preview your entire day in 3D on Google Earth™.
Ski Tracks uses Google Maps™ to display your track, start, finish and photographs in four different views: standard, satellite, hybrid and terrain. Visualise your day by overlaying analysis tools so you can see where you were at a specific time, see where different runs and lifts are or just to see where you were for each mile. Also you can now replay your day using the Map Playback feature.
Take photographs and they are automatically geo-tagged to your Track.
Note 1. Actual recording length dependant on battery condition, temperature, other background applications and phone usage.
Note 2. Ski Tracks does not need data or a phone signal to record your day, the location system on your Phone may from time to time use data for location fixes, we have no control over this. THEREFORE WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND SETTING DATA ROAMING OFF IF YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE ABROAD.
** COMING SOON **
+ Ski Resort Locator
+ Improved sharing
+ Resort data integration
As with all GPS receivers the quality of GPS signal can vary depending on the amount of visible sky, satellite positions, foliage, weather conditions etc. GPS will not reliably work indoors. For more information please checkout and download the User Guide from our web site.
For more further information please check out the Support URL.
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us so if you need more information, support or anything related to Skiing/Snowboarding then email us at:
Many of the webcams are in high-definition providing rich, near-live feedback from the slopes.
There are currently over 2400 webcams available from 600 resorts worldwide and if your resort isn't available then there is a suggestion feature within the app - we try to add all suggestions where available.
Included in the app are some fun and useful features including the ability to view random and nearby webcams!
An essential part of your ski-holiday, Ski Webcams app can be used before, during and even after your holiday!
- New Zealand
With GPS tracking and recording you can also identify your position in the skiing area and visually represent your complete day skiing on a map. In the iSki Tracker app your and your friends’ days skiing are represented visually: Skiing area, data, slope kilometers, meters in altitude (down), lift kilometers (~number of lifts), speed, photos, map.
Your own iSkier Community
Create your own iSkier Community. How? Very simple! Via the new iSki Tracker. At close of day iSkier evaluates the day skiing, analyzes it and shares it with friends.
Additionally you can download the respective iSkier Community of the skiing area on the website of all iSki Tracker partners – the “iSki Book” for winter sport freaks, so to say. Via an overall view on the homepage of the skiing areas (partners) you can access and compare both the day’s performance and the overall performance in the skiing area – independently from any other platform. Thus the cumulative (anonymized) data of a skiing area is available for comparison: Skiing area, data, slope kilometers, meters in altitude (down), lift kilometers (~number of lifts), speed and weather on your day skiing.
Continued use of the Tracking Feature (GPS) running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Publisher: feratel media technologies AG
Trace Snow (formerly AlpineReplay) allows you to track your day on the mountain by measuring speed, airtime, distance, vertical, Calories, and more. Made by skiers and snowboarders for skiers and snowboarders. We separate your runs, tell you which chair lifts you've taken, clock your time on the chairlift and much more. Get a basic set of stats right on the slope or log in on AlpineReplay.com to see your progress over the season, compare with friends, push your stats to Facebook, and Replay your runs in 3D.
With Trace Snow (formerly AlpineReplay) you can measure:
★ Much more
Trace Snow is also the official app , Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Mt. Tremblant, Snowshoe, Stratton, Blue Mountain, China Peak, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Stoneham, and Canaan for the 2014/15 season. Use Trace Snow at these mountains to earn special medals, be notified of upcoming events, and much more!
Internet access is required. Give us feedback in our mail: email@example.com
Skiers and snowboarders can collect free digital pins to track a lifetime of all the places they’ve been, how many seasons on snow, gear preferences, skill, and more. The pins can be shared with friends on Facebook, Twitter, or email with links to the resorts where collected.
Ski Nation is FREE and for all skiers and snowboarders regardless of age, experience, skill, or their home mountain. Users can build their on-snow profile for nine gear categories, home ski area, favorite mountain, skill and first time on skis.
The first version of Ski Nation is a starting platform to build an open, independent, and comprehensive network for skiers and industry members to connect.
Ski Nation is built by skiers without control by a single resort, manufacturer, media company, or marketing agency. It’s a broad-based free flow of information and a way for small ski area operators and gear companies to participate in the mobile app arena regardless of their financial resources.
For skiers, it’s free and their personal information is secure. In addition to ski area vitals, the mobile app rotates trivia tidbits to engage users in the rich history and culture of riding snow. Future plans include the opportunity for resorts, gear companies, and sponsors to make information and offers available directly to skiers on an opt-in basis.
Receiving the GPS signal the SkiApp captures your movements and analyzes them offline using the computational power of your smartphone. This way your skiing stage is separated into tracks of following types: Downhill, lift, walk and hold.
These tracks are used to maintain detailed statistics for each stage. Particularly the statistics contain following elements:
1. Downhill, lift and walk distance,
2. Summed height for downhill and lift tracks,
3. Average speed,
4. Maximal speed,
5. and many, many more!
Moreover there is detailed information available about each track. It even allows you to graphically display and analyze each track in deep directly on the smartphone.
In comparison to other Ski-Tracker apps the SkiApp offers much more:
1. For the computation of the velocity and distance it also considers the vertical movement. Other Apps do only provide the velocity and distance in the horizontal plane which are both too low in a steep slope.
2. SkiApp is the one and only app capable of separating your skiing day into informative tracks like downhill or lift. Lift tracks are recognized properly for ascent and descent rides as well. Other Apps handle the complete skiing day as one single track deriving their poor statistics simply on the base of the ascent and descent height.
3. The SkiApp works very sparing. The analysis is specially optimized utilizing the CPU and memory as low as possible.
4. SkiApp protects your privacy! The complete analysis of movements is performed completely on the smartphone. There is no registration required and the captured information is not send over the internet at all! In contrast other Apps often acquire to many unnecessary access rights during installation to collect information about you for purposes not known to you. The SkiApp uses the Internet connection only to download the map.
5. SkiApp is able to announce the current speed using voice capabilities of the smartphone. The announcement occurs in short intervals during a downhill run. When you are riding a lift, walking around or waiting there is no announcement to avoid worrying anybody. The voice announcement keeps you well informed about your performance even during a downhill run. There is no other App with similar Feature!
6. The PRO version of the SkiApp allows you to export the recorded data in Google's KMZ file format to the USB storage of your smartphone. The KMZ file may be used with Google Earth and Google Maps. Google Earth displays single tracks or complete stages in 3D allowing detailed analysis of your performance at your PC.
SkiApp LITE is for free and contains following limitations:
1. The detail view is not available for older tracks.
2. The velocity voice announcement is temporally limited.
3. Stage browsing is limited to the last one.
4. The statistics view is reduced.
5. Export of tracks and stages in KMZ format is disabled.
6. Backup creation is not available.
Do not hesitate and try SkiApp LITE to get an impression on the functionality of this app. If you like the app please consider to by the PRO version. In relation to the costs of a day's ticked for the lift the price of SkiApp PRO is not more than a tip!
Because of the continuous usage of the GPS signal the SkiApp increases the power consumption of your smartphone to around 6 to 10 percent per hour. If there are other active GPS Apps on your smartphone the additional power consumption for the SkiApp is around 1 Percent per hour only. To reduce the battery load it is recommended to disable the GPS functionality during the lunch break.
Have a lot of fun with the SkiApp! Please support the development by getting the SkiApp PRO!
Please do not forget to rate this app!
STATS AND MAPS
Ski Tracker tracks speed, distance, altitude, vert, and time. It also gives you a map showing where you have been while you are saving a run.
See graph of altitude vs. distance showing you all the vertical you got on your last track.
When viewing saved tracks your route shows up on the map color coded by speed. It shows where you went the fastest (red) and where you were slowest (blue).
Don't want to look at the screen every few minutes? You can have Ski Tracker tell you updates on your progress either every mile or every five minutes.
PAUSE AND RESUME
Pause the workout to catch your breath or chat with a friend and then resume when you get back to skiing or snowboarding.
You can easily see your stats in real time with your current speed being the focal point. (Though I wouldn't recommend checking it out much in real time :-))
App supports both standard and metric units for tracking speed, distance and vert drop.
Keep track of all your skiing runs with Ski Tracker+ GPS Tracking for Skiers by 30 South.
Note: Continued use of the GPS will reduce battery life.
Note: Some features are only available in the Pro version - Ski Tracker+
Record your best runs; connect your app to Facebook and compete with your friends!
- Recording: maximum speed, average speed, duration, distance, ascent, descent
- Autostop: the tracker stops recording when your speed is lower than 1 km/h
- History: list of your runs, filter by sport, filter by period
- Map view: view of your run on a real map
- Explore your run: view of your exact speed by sliding the cursor on the map
- Share: share your stats on Facebook and Twitter
- Settings: Imperial/Metric units, countdown set up, autostop set up
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In addition to the many high-quality trail maps, Ski TrailMaps also provides a trial of advanced features including resort webcams, weather forecasts and snow report. In short, Ski TrailMaps provides all the information you need to enjoy a great day on the slopes. To continue to enjoy these features you’ll be prompted to upgrade to Ski TrailMaps Pro once your trial has expired.
TrailMaps features more than 1,000 high-quality color maps of ski resorts from around the world. The geographical areas including all 10 of Canada's provinces, 14 European countries (from Andora to the United Kingdom), the United States (36 states from Alaska to Wyoming), South American (resorts in Argentina and Chile), and Oceania (resorts in Australia and New Zealand).
Once loaded, you may zoom in and out of the map in portrait or landscape mode using the plus and minus buttons. You may also scroll around with your device's touchpad. It's a handy feature when you want to get a close-up view of a map's legend and the mountain resort's specific details, such as topography, ski-run names and difficulty ratings, or the location of chair lifts and ski patrol huts.
Two icons appear at the top of the screen with each map download. Pressing on the snowflake-shaped button will provide you with up-to-date snow reports for the resort you're viewing. Similarly, selecting the mountain-shaped icon will allow you to see what the weather's doing at the resort with the area's most recent forecast.
With some resorts, a third, camera lens-shaped icon will also appear. Pressing on this selection will tap into a live webcam feed for a real-time look at a resort's conditions.
Also, the sheer size of some resorts means that they are often served with more than one map. If your resort of choice falls in this category, you'll be prompted to select your mobile device's menu button to download the additional maps.