Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded or raw METAR is also available.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
- 4,770 airports in 193 countries
- Search by airport name or ICAO code
- Create a list of your favourite airports
- Search option to find your closest airport
- Decoding is done on the phone so network traffic is minimal
- Option to view the aiport in Google maps
- Link the airport Wikipedia entries (if applicable)
- Fully customse the units used for all displayed information
- Export you favourite airports
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely.
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Aviation Weather Graphics offers the most comprehensive set of aviation weather graphics for pilots, including:
- Surface Analysis
- Winds and Temperatures
- Icing Levels
- Static Radar
- Low/Mid/High-Level SIGWX
- Constant Pressure
- NOAA Forecasts
- Flight Category
Separate categories provide very detailed graphics for:
- United States (provided by the NOAA by region)
- North Pole
- South Pole
If you would like to see more graphics added, just drop us an email. If you like the ForeFlight Imagery tab, you'll love Aviation Weather Graphics!
FAQ: (updated for Wearable and Backup/Restore support!) http://goo.gl/VAMzij
Metam is everything you've wanted for your global aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. You can now overlay global METAR, SIGMET, G-AIRMET and CWA data onto maps (Android 3.0+ only). Also radar/precipitation or IR satellite. Also, you can now enter custom ceiling and visibility minimums to quickly see airports that meet your personal or company visibility/ceiling requirements. Tap on any airport or overlay to get the full METAR/TAF/TEXT for that airport/overlay.
4. Need quick access to raw METARs and TAFs on your Wearable? As of version 4, this is supported too. Use "OK Google, start Aviation Weather"!
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.3 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport& Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
Supports IATA: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Long-press on an airport for: Six hour METAR history, sunset/rise times, show nearby airports and more
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* NOTAM: Cached for offline use, parsed effective times (Android 2.3 and up only)
* Global airport database: Look up ICAO by airport name
* Snowtam decoder: Snowtam codes in plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: User chooses
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: nearby airports
Read/modify/delete USB storage: Google Maps required
Network access/view network connections: download data
Read Google service: Google Maps required
Google Play billing: In-app donation (optional)
Metam User group:
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
Self brief, get linked to an official briefing and file, then update yourself for your proposed flight!!!
This app was developed by a CFII/MEI with the conscientious, frugal pilot in mind. The idea is to familiarize yourself with the conditions for your proposed flight, get an official flight briefing – then file your flight plan if necessary. If you file IFR, you can check on your most likely assigned routing. In any case, you can update yourself with info as required. Some of this browser's linked pages contain content that may serve more than one purpose. For example: the first link that may be used to view TFR Graphics can also be used for general navigation planning purposes. It is suggested that you become familiar with these websites and all they may have to offer.
The links suggested by this browser may be used in conjunction with other pre-flight information sources needed to satisfy all the requirements of 14 CFR 91.103, however, any one of these links alone are not to be considered as a sole source of information to meet all required pre-flight action. Installation or use of this application constitutes agreement by, or on the behalf of the end user to hold any party associated with FreFlight harmless and release from liability the creator of FreFlight, as well as the application's developer(s) facilitators and hosts. All links provided by the browser contain proprietary content wholly owned by the parties that own each respective website. Neither FreFlight, nor it's developer are associated with any of the content on the linked webpages. The developer of FreFlight has no ownership of any of the brands or trademarks associated with the linked webpages. For live assistance with flight planning & filing, call Flight Services @ 800-992-7433.
Safe, happy flying!!!
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid :
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP metar you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text of the metar or taf to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded metar screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text of metar again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
Flight plan is formed in electronic CA48 format which can be used to file the flight plan without any modifications.
Useful feature is a possibility to predefine pilot and airplane information and use it during flight plan creation process.
* view your flight plan in PDF on your mobile device. To use this feature you must have Android PDF reader installed. I suggest you use Adobe Reader which can be downloaded free of charge from Android market.
* share you flight plan using your installed sharing applications. List of possible sharing methods depends on installed applications (Dropbox, email, bluetooth, ...)
* you can access your flight plans from the SD card while the phone is connected to the PC in disk drive mode. Flight plan documents are stored on the SD card (external storage) in the "Flight_Plans" directory.
Note: delete flight plans from the application not from the external storage.
Application uses both network based location as well as GPS based location.
Many thanks to Marko Deverlija <email@example.com> for graphical compass design.