Take over control of the finest aspects of the system UI and personalise your Android experience without limits with the official Substratum theme engine, free to use and powered by the constantly growing, community-driven collection of beautiful overlays.
Google is preventing stock OMS users from utilising custom overlays. To help us bring back rootless theming support to Android, please star the following issue in Google’s Issue Tracker: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/74354703.
Theme Engine Support:
• Stock Nougat (RRO): Requires root, exposures unsupported, not all themes compatible
• Stock Oreo (OMS): Compatible with rooted and unrooted devices, in the case of the latter the Andromeda plugin is needed for Substratum to function correctly: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.andromeda
• Stock Samsung Nougat (RRO): Sungstratum addon required for full compatibility: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.sungstratum
• Custom Nougat (OMS): Requires a custom ROM with an interfacer installed
• Telegram: https://telegram.me/substratum
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/102261717366580091389
• XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/substratum/
• Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Substratum/
• CrowdIn: http://translate.projektsubstratum.com/
• GitHub: https://www.github.com/substratum
• JIRA (Bug Reports): https://substratum.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
Detailed Guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/substratum/official-starting-substratum-andromeda-t3798316/post76687469#post76687469
Having external, third party theme clients installed may cause issues with Substratum, including unforeseen bootloops, crashes, and more. Customer support will refuse to provide assistance to users running such applications, including Swift Installer.