★ Adjust your screen's brightness and color.
★ Add quick shortcuts to your home screen.
★ Schedule the filter to start & stop at a specific time.
And more! Download the app and try it out to see all of the features.
* If you accidentally turn your screen black, press volume up or volume down inside the app to turn off the filter, or power off your phone by holding the power button.
* If "Override screen brightness" doesn't work, try turning off "auto brightness" from your settings. This feature may also cause your screen to turn off and/or the lockscreen to activate if the setting is too low.
* Android may disable the "install" button when a screen filter application is running for security reasons.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by email.
Draw over other apps: Required for the screen filter to work.
Full network access, view network connections: Used for Google AdMob.
- Disable led notification light;
- Disable haptic feedback;
- Disable notification sounds;
- Disable ringtone sounds (vibration mode);
- Disable vibration and sound (silent mode);
- Minimize display brightness.
How it works:
- Select the range of time in which you want the features disabled;
- Select the features you want to be disabled;
- Enable the app;
- At the start time the application automatically disables the selected features;
- At the end time the features are restored.
IMPORTANT: if want to disable notification sounds, please don't kill the application.
If you modify any setting during the night mode, at the end it won't be restored.
Donations welcome by purchasing 'Cleaner Pro'
Thx to DipeshB for the idea.
Touch again to restore brightness.
You can adjust the screen brightness and a brighter/darker image.
- Swipe left <-> right to switch seamless between a darker and a brighter image.
- Swipe up<->down to adjust the screen brightness.
- Switch digital clock on/off
- Turn LED flashlight on/off
- Turn screen flashlight mode on/off
- Sleep timer (Turns off screen and closes application)
Click the sleep timer button repeatedly to change the timer value.
* No unnecessary permissions
I might release a version with settings that might cost money, but for now this application is completely free.
You can select whether you want the screen in full black or full white with maximum brightness just by tapping the screen or shaking the phone a little bit, this shaking feature is really handy if you are sleepy and you can't find your phone in the middle of the night.
Additionally, tap and hold to progressively move from full dark screen to full brightness. and vice versa.
It is very important to keep your phone plugged to the power adapter while the app runs, the phone is always responsive and the screen and processor are ready for your input so if you don't plug your phone you would run out of battery in the middle of the night.
It is a free download which I hope you like it being such a simple app, and you find it useful. It is just launched so please rate it in the market and leave me your (hopefully constructive) comments and ideas for it.
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Screen Dimmer enable you to low the brightness of your phone or tablet even lower than what you can do by default in order to avoid headache and eye pain in a dark environment or at night. If you own an Amoled screen, this app will even save your battery because the black pixels actually turn off on an Amoled screen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Comparison_to_other_technologies). It is also scientifically proved that blue radiations can cause insomnia (http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it), preserve your sleep by changing the filter's color to red or brown! (pro version only)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Tasker support:
You can control this night lamp using various sensors on the phone:
-Swipe the screen up or down to change the brightness of the front light
-Tap the screen to turn the light on/off
-Flip the phone over to activate the camera flashlight
-Shake the phone to toggle the screen
-The phone responds to the ambient light, turning on and off as needed
-Voice recognition to turn the light on/off using hotwords (requires internet)
Note: Night lamp can use quite some battery, so I highly recommend hooking up the phone to a charger at night while using the app.
Featured on xda-developers
Constant beeps: It's a bug with the voice recognition API provided by Google, you can work around it by disabling voice recognition or putting the phone to vibrate or mute for now.
Tested to work on Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 so far.
Also has Admob ads.
Have you ever tried to use your phone's screen or LED as a beacon of light, only to find it's just not bright enough? Turn your phone into a versatile flashlight with Color Flashlight app, the app that brightens up your phone's day and leads the way. Never be caught in the dark without a light again.
[Color Flashlight HD LED improved design quality]
* Light When You Need it, Where You Need it
Stuck outside with no street light? Color Flashlight app helps you out in the darkest of occasions. Use Color Flashlight to find the perfect seat in a dark theater, or find your way around when the power goes out at home.
* Color Your Light
Change the color and brightness of your phone's screen to help guide you where you want to go. Choose from a full range of colors to find your favorite custom-made light. Make fun flashlight effects by tapping on the menu button and choosing effect, color, and brightness.
* Cool Custom Effects
Have your phone's screen simulate police light, candle light, a rainbow, a disco ball, and more. You can even use Color Flashlight to display your own personal message by typing in text, or host your own personal dance party with the built-in strobe light.
* Usage : Touch the screen to show/hide options
- Maximize screen brightness
- Use camera LED as a torch (LED Light)
- Change color of flashlight
- Normal Flash : Screen Color flashlight,
- Camera Flash : Camera LED flashlight
- Useful light effects (LED Electronic Sign) : Text, Scroll, Slide, LED Sign
- Emergency light effects : Strobe light, Police light, Emergency light
- Fun flashlight effects : Candle, Disco light, Rainbow, Blink, Spiral
- Lovely effect : Heart, I Love You
* User comment: Changing flat tire in 28°WEATHER with no street light. Color flashlight app saved my life!
- Camera, Flashlight : Camera flash, LED flashlight, LED Light
- Internet, Access Network State : Admob ads
* Disclaimer: Strobe light can cause epileptic seizures in some people with history of epilepsy. Do not point to the face when the flash light is in strobe mode.
* Keyword : led, flash, candle, police light, strobe, camera led, torch, brightness, Dark, Bright, Brightest, emergency, backlight, DroidLight, led light, led flashlight, tiny flashlight, brightest flashlight, camera flash, camera, LED flashlight, best flashlight, LED Light, LED sign, LED scroller, LED banner, colornote, color note, flashlight app, flashlight free, flashlight
* Device : Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Google Nexus S, Nexus One, Galaxy Nexus, LG Optimus 2x, LG Optimus G, LG Optimus LTE, HTC Desire, HTC ONE X, Motorola Atrix, Motorola RAZR
* Flashlight Tested : Motorola Droid Flashlight, Samsung Galaxy S Flashlight, Samsung Galaxy Note Flashlight, Motorola Droid2 Flashlight, Motorola Droid Flashlight, LG Optimus Flashlight
Turn your phone int a color flashlight! It helps find your way in the theater is that you keep stepping on. Find your keys in the dark. Dance with strobe light in a club.
Are you working late and don't want to disturb your sleeping wife when going to bed?
Are you afraid of dark but don't want to turn on the bright light when going to bathroom at night?
This is the app for you.
With option to set the brightness/color of light and timeout/timer you can easilly turn your phone to a nightlight.
You can also optionally choose to turn off the wifi or switch to ariplane mode when screen is turned off.
keyword: night light nightlight sleep wifi airplane mode timer
If the background is a gradient instead of just black, you need to: turn off "Force GPU rendering" in your phone's "Developer"
If you have a problem, email me! This app is intended to be used with the phone plugged in. In "dim" mode the battery will last longer, but having it on all night will drain at least half your battery if you aren't charging.
This is a simple, retro-style night clock. It will display the time in big, bold letters (three fonts and any color to choose from), along with having a built-in alarm (or you can use your stock android alarm, it it's supported). Since the screen will stay on while the application is open (unless you manually turn it off), it is highly recommended that you keep your phone plugged in to charge otherwise it will drain the battery.
Some features include:
-Tap to dim screen to lowest possible setting
-Launches when put into the multimedia dock (also has flipped mode for use without a dock)
-Font and color settings (when choosing text color, drag your finger away from the center to change transparency)
-Built in alarm (or use stock Android alarm, if your phone supports it)
-Show next alarm on clock screen
Some comments from users:
Kevin: "Simple, Effective, Does Exactly What I Want I looked at a number of other apps and this was the only one that did what I needed. It has multiple alarms; a great low light night time display; simple interface. It took me a minute to realize that I can add my own custom alarm sounds by putting an MP3 in the folder 'alarms' at the base of my sd card. I was also able to dim the back light on the buttons using tasker, but I plan on upgrading to the donate version if the alarm continues to work well."
Frank: "I'm blind as a bat without my glasses at night. The big numbers can easily be seen."
Aimee: "Works great on my Droid X. Exactly what I needed and my alarm still goes off as set. Great app with great dim feature that still makes it easy to see."
We are equipped with a filter function, you can dim the screen beyond the brightness of the display.
✓ Image filter function.
The effect of filter software, you can dim the screen beyond the minimum luminance of the display. Please use it if you feel bright and a display by the scene, for example, if you want to prevent prying eyes from the surroundings. With just a touch of a seek bar, which is also features that you can adjust the intensity of image effects filters and seamlessly adjust the brightness of the standard.
Due to limitations in the state of security in terms of Android OS, image filter is applied should be noted that you can not install app "unknown sources" that you downloaded from non-Google Play Store. After turning off the feature image filter once, please try the installation.
✓ Registration icon to the notification area.
You can register the app launch icon in the notification area. If you want to register, please select the [Menu] - [Notifications].
While applying image filters, is also intended to prevent the cancellation filter with Android OS, we recommend that you set should be noted that this function is turned on.
✓ Automatic brightness adjustment.
A device that supports a standard "switch enable/disable" In automatic adjustment brightness of illumination sensor, can be performed on this application to check the brightness after the change and setting on/off of automatic adjustment.
(With respect to the model that can not be disabled, switched on/off but this can not be done from the app, such as Xperia(TM) acro HD, supports automatic adjustment)
✓ Off function key illumination.
In the device part of the Android 2.2 or later, the on/off key lighting is possible. If you feel dazzling lighting key, please try appear in the [Menu] - [Key backlights].
Device that has this capability is limited in some models, depending on the situation the device support may change does not appear.
(It has been confirmed that there is an effect on Xperia(TM) arc, Xperia(TM) acro)
✓ Changing the display color temperature.
If you feel that the color temperature of the display is low (that yellowish), [Menu] - [Color temperature]. By applying a transmission filter blue, growing effect as if the color temperature of the display can be obtained.
✓ Adjust using the motion sensor.
Darken the display, you can adjust the bright and tilt tilt to the left and to the right device. Brightness adjustment is possible without hides by hand by this display.
✓ View wallpaper background.
By the transmissive display the adjustment screen background wallpaper, are easy to grab the image after brightness adjustment. Do you want to change the text color by clicking on a string "Options" but you may see the characters difficult to read, if you are using, please use the change to a gray-scale image by touching the background wallpaper base white .
(Switching to a grayscale image, please use after activate the function at [Menu] - [Background change] in advance)
✓ Value display brightness.
So that the display brightness adjustment as a result, a number of API level that you want to set the system. It is easy to set the brightness of the next favorite for this purpose. It also automatically get the lower limit value different for each model.
By touching the numeric portion that is displayed, it is also possible to directly enter the numerical keypad again.
The picture which Ozturk made is used for the icon of this application.
Copyright (C) 2012 K.Shimokura All Rights Reserved.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
If you have problems with ad window int ICS - it's a bug in Launcher/Play/Market:
1. remove auto created shortcut from desktop
2. launch the BrightnessLevel from apps list
3. if you still can see ad window, press back until you get to desktop
4. try to run BrightnessLevel from apps list again, it should disappear.
I hope, Google can fix this bug soon!
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
1. Night mode: You can switch the keyboard's theme to a night-vision friendly red mode. This is useful for non-rooted devices running astronomy apps (rooted devices can use ChainFire3D's night mode) and other nightmode-enabled apps. Your app may turn most of the screen red in its nightmode, but it won't turn the keyboard red, so your night vision may be damaged when you start typing something into a search box. But if you just switch this keyboard into red mode, this problem goes away.
2. All standard ASCII punctuation (less than, greater than, brackets, pipes, etc.) is available from the main keyboard screen, by holding down on the period or the comma.
3. The auto-suggest can be set to work in settings where normally the operating system turns it off (Settings | Show suggestions | except ...).
To activate the keyboard, first go to your system Settings, choose Language and Keyboard, and put a checkmark beside "OmegaCentauri GB Keyboard". Then long-tap on any input field on the device (i.e., a place where you're going to enter some text), choose "Input method", and select the "OmegaCentauri GB Keyboard". (Sorry, Android doesn't make it easy to switch keyboards, for copyright reasons.)
The keyboard has a little Settings icon you can use to set the theme to red (or back to Gingerbread), or to change any of its other settings on the fly.