Welcome to Parqist the APP that helps you to find a parking place quickly.
While everyone is drifting away into a dark dark place of desperation and frustration trying to find a parking place, you belong to the smart batch of people that uses Parqist. Imagine this: having a parking spot as soon as you need it. Is not that hard, after all, millions of drivers go thru this nightmare on a daily basis, so why don’t we all work together to fix the issue?
Here is how it works! You start in Parqist with 3 Parqs. Every time you get a parking spot 1 Parq is discounted from your bank and every time you give a spot you get 1 Parq, you also receive XP (Experience Points) for your score. Although Parqs are mandatory to reserve a parking spot, your score gives you an edge.
If you are looking for a spot, all you must do is select one of the markers on the map. Each marker represents a parking spot being saved by a Parqist user. After a successful matching, all you must do is reach your partner position in the defined timeframe!
If you are parked and want to advertise your parking spot, all you have to do is:
1) Set-up: Share your car location (or close) and define how long will you take to get to your car.
2) In the car: Update your status for “In the car” when you had reached your car and publish your official car position (if you did not store when you first parked).
You have four time options on the set-up:
• Now: You are already in your car you can choose to advertise your position right away only the closest users to you (in a radius of 200 meters) will see your spot.
• 5 min: You will take 5 minutes to get your car. Only users in a range of 500 meters will see your spot.
• 10 min: You will take 10 minutes to get your car. Only users in a range of 1000 meters will look at your spot.
• 15 min: You will take 15 minutes to get your car. Only users in a range of 1500 meters will see your spot.
When the users are close enough, the APP will ask you to start your blinkers!
If you are parked, you have the option of store your parking space location when you first park your car, making it easy for later on when you want to publish your spot
You need Parqs to reserve a parking spot. You can get Parqs in one of the following ways:
- Give away a parking spot: 1 Parq.
- Send invites to your friends: 1 Parq for every new friend you bring to the Parqist community.
- Buy Parqs from other users (in version 2.0).
So, if you are willing to wait a few minutes to give your parking spot to someone else, you will be rewarded. You will eventually be able to buy Parqs from other users.
You start with 3 Parqs.
Every time a parking spot is published, it can only be selected after a certain period, a “cooldown time” that can go from 5 to 60 seconds. The cooldown time is different for every user and is calculated according to your score. The higher your score is the less time you will have to wait. Your score definitely gives you an edge. Here’s an example:
Let’s say that Peter and Diana are both looking for a spot, but Peter’s score is slightly higher. When a Parqist user advertises a parking spot, then the “cooldown time” for Peter and Diana will be calculated mostly based on their score. So, if Peter’s score were to be 250 and Diana’s 150, then Peter’s cooldown time would be of 16 seconds and Diana of 27 seconds. Peter has an advantage of 9 seconds over Diana to select the parking spot.
How do you get higher scores you may ask? Well, my dear friend, by being a good sport and share as many parking spots as you can. You get score by:
Give a parking spot = 100 XP
Getting parking spot = 10 XP
Bringing a friend to Parqist = 50 XP
You can put your Parqs on the market, after 3 hours the highest bid for your Parqs will win.