*NEW* Includes full DLR line and status information and live departure boards.
London Tube Traveller is a free app that countless London commuters have probably wished for at one time or another because it takes the guesswork out of your daily commute and travel decisions.
Add your Underground stations and Tube lines and get warnings about any problems that are likely to affect your journey.
Launch the app and find out what's going on with the Underground network before you leave to travel. If problems are serious enough, then you can make alternate travel arrangements. Perfect for both commuters and visitors to London.
Using TFL's services, London Tube Traveller shows the Underground status and information about any station incidents at over 260 London Underground stations and any problems with the following Tube lines: Bakerloo, Circle, District, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Hammersmith & City, Jubilee, Metropolitan, Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria and Waterloo & City.
As an added bonus, London Tube Traveller also displays live departure board information for your London Underground and DLR stations to help you decide whether you need to rush to catch the next train or not!
Here's what some of our users think of London Tube Traveller
- I couldn't survive the commute without it
- Fantastic, useful app for any travel in London would recommend highly
- No thrills info well presented with really short load times
- This app somehow manages to predict the arrival of district line trains more accurately than the station boards, very clever!
- Best and prettiest tube app
- Lightweight, fast, responsive app which does the job
- Beautifully simple and accurate. Love the departure boards
- Perfect app for us lemmings that rely on TFL each day
- Excellent app, station-specific, and departure boards auto-update. Great UI. Congratulations!
- A must have app
Why not give it a try?
London Tube Traveller is not in any way affiliated with Transport For London (TFL). It works on Android 2.1 and upwards, supports "move to SD" and the screens are optimised for both phones and tablet devices.
Now with line status information, our free app for London's Underground train network (we call it 'the Tube')
will tell you whether there's good service on the Central Line or disruptions on the Bakerloo Liine, putting the most useful map you'll need in
within one click of your device screen at all time, for convenience and speed.
Download this application now and save it for when you need it. It'll work underground too.
Another good app by Bappz. Designed to simple, fast and reliable.
Real-time Tube status and departures, quick access to station info from favourites and find stations by GPS.
Follow @tube_chaser on Twitter for latest updates.
PLEASE NOTE: Some stations are missing from the list, or no useful information is given. This is ALWAYS due to TfL's poor data, not Tube Chaser.
This mostly affects Hammersmith & City/Circle Line in West London, District line at Paddington, and some Metropolitan Line stations.
Tube map and London Overground support can't be included at this stage, due to ridiculous licensing costs from both TfL and National Rail Enquiries.
Enable Send usage stats to help improve Tube Chaser. See website for more info.
> Fetch Live Departure timings from TFL(Tube, DLR, Bus, River Services), National Rail & Overground and BAA
> Fetch scheduled TramLink Departures from TFL
> Bookmark frequent stations
> Use very little memory
> Service updates
> TFL Journey Planner
> Live Roadside Message Signs
> Live Traffic Disruptions
> Live Traffic Camera Images
> Live Barclay's Cycle Hire Availability
> Source London Charge Points
> Nearest Oyster Shop Locations
> Nearest Transport Stops and Departures
> London Travel Network Maps
> National Rail Journey Planner
Currently Tube, DLR, Bus, River, Overground, National Rail, BAA & Gatwick Flight and London Tramlink services are supported. More services will be added to this app in future versions.
Please send feature requests and bug reports via in-app menu options. Comments are not monitored.
> INTERNET - To fetch data over the Internet from Tfl, National Rail, BAA etc.
> ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To check if device is connected to the Internet before fetching data
> ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - To get location of device from network provider if GPS is unavailable
> ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - To get location of device of device from GPS
> BILLING - To allow in-app purchase of ad remover
> WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To save maps to USB/SD Card storage
> check/save last bus/tube
> 'search' by flight no and terminal no
> oyster card login and topup balance checker
> Weather at destination station/stop/coords
> Save scheduled departures
> Themes?!? (too invasive to implement at this point)
> Find-a-ride ? (low priority)
> ETA widgets (target v4.0)
> BMarks to JSON format (required for online sync)
> Help section (v3.1 initial implementation)
> (In-App)Online Backup/Restore of Preferences and Bookmarks (Google accounts permission required ? maybe)
This is NOT an official TFL / National Rail / BAA app and the developer is NOT associated to TFL or National Rail or BAA in any way.
● Street level A-Z map for the whole of the Greater London area.
● Colourful clear custom drawn geographically accurate mapping.
● Once installed no internet connection required, no data roaming charges.
● GPS location and tracking.
● Streets, Post codes, Places of interest, Museums and Galleries etc built into the application.
This clear colourful and high quality A-Z map covers the whole of the Greater London area down to street level. The familiar look of this map makes it by far the easiest London map to use. The map is drawn by real cartographers with the detailed care and human touch of emphasis that A-Z are famous for.
The map covers 3743 sq km (1445 sq miles) of London down to street level, the same area as the printed version of the Master Atlas of Greater London and extends beyond the Greater London and M25 area to Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Potters Bar, Waltham Cross, Epping, Brentwood, Thurrock, Stanford-le-Hope, Gravesend, Wrotham, Sevenoaks, Westerham, Oxted, Redhill, Reigate, Leatherhead, Great Bookham, Woking, Egham, Windsor, Slough, Chalfont Street Peter, Chorleywood and Bovingdon.
The map index contains over 300,000 entries with nearly 100,000 streets, over 200,000 postcodes, plus thousands of places of interest, hospitals and rail stations. All can be located on this high quality map within a few seconds using the search feature or by browsing the index.
With this map installed on your device there is never any need for an internet connection enabling you to access the map anywhere and at anytime.
You can use your device’s inbuilt location services to show your current location on the map or follow your movements as you travel.
Add this map to one of our “Zuti” route planner maps and you are well equipped to travel anywhere in the Greater London area.
♦ ANNOTATING THE MAP
You can now add places of interest, routes and even areas to the map. This is a very simple yet powerful feature that allows the user to quickly and easily customise their map. This is also a great benefit to anyone planning routes as it instantly displays the distance for the complete route. These annotations can be stored and retrieved instantly on the device.
you will be able to find below
* Plan a journey
* Get service updates
* Live arrivals and departures
* View tube map
From a 3d carousel UI ,
Please see the screenshots for more information.
This is very useful for those who live in London and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news (BBC, Guardian, Twitter, Google News, Flickr, VisitLondon, ecc.)
- City Map with top attractions
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Torino.
- Public Transport (TFL - Transport For London, Underground/Tube Map)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info (main sights, history, geography, climate)
- Most useful Link
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
»Museums, Galleries, prices, etc.
»Add your own locations & mark Favourites (dependant on GPS accuracy)
»Quick buttons to the nearest attraction & station
»Downloadable Maps for Central London, Greater London and Greenwich
Would you like to visit major financial landmarks and Dickens’s favourite taverns? Get to know Bloomsbury’s verdant squares and pretty residential housing or discover classic pre-war department stores? Whether you are looking for insight into this city's tumultuous past or just wanting to take strolls along the Thames, our tailored tours guide you through the city. Forget about lengthy text based content and pay attention to the site itself while listening to the narrated information.
Hungry and curious about the city’s pub scene? Look out for the riverside pubs that allow for convivial pit-stops for food and drink along the way and the rooftop restaurants serving today’s cosmopolitan tastes.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities of Europe.
How does it work :
- Run London Tube Compass outdoors far from large metallic objects
- Wait until your location will be found by GPS or wireless networks after that surrounding subway stations will be shown
- Select the most suitable for you station
- Go towards selected station in the direction provided by compass
- Also station may be shown on map
- If you are tired and don't want to walk anymore you may get taxi drectly from application
- You need not London city map
- You need not internet access
- Stations are clearly represented with subway lines and distances to them
- Usability and performance
PRECISE LOCATION (GPS AND NETWORK-BASED) - to get your location by GPS or wireless networks and find nearest subway stations (locations don't send anywhere and being used on device only).
NETWORK COMMUNICATION (FULL NETWORK ACCESS), NETWORK COMMUNICATION (VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS) - for taxi order form and statistic.
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Enjoy easier trip planning with trip templates
✓ Easily search and filter attractions
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Become a fan of our Facebook page for great offers like 4* hotels for £1
This app lists great attractions to visit in London for free whether you travel by taxi, tube, bus, train or cycle hire. Find out what's near your location or use the map to find your way.
● Simple, fast and easy to use.
● Designed for the first time visitor and experienced commuter.
● Unique "Minute Map" feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map.
● Latest official TFL (Transport For London) map.
● Planned route animates on the map.
●.Switch to online street map (when an internet connection is available).
● Services can be turned on or off, routing around problems.
● Works in both landscape and portrait modes.
● Easily locates your nearest transport stop.
● Places of interest, parks etc are built in to the application.
● Offline routing with clear map and text views
● GPS locating
● Station exit information
● Live service status and departure board information
● OVERVIEW ● The London Underground application is a superb route planner for the London Underground (Tube)system with many unique features. The inbuilt map provides the official TFL map of the city underground services with the ability to switch to an online street map view when an internet connection is available. This way the user can view the online map feature when above ground and the transport map and route planning is still fully functional underground or anywhere there is no internet connection. This provides the best of both worlds, the transport map and route planning anytime, anywhere and online street maps and search when a connection is available.
● ROUTING ● Does not require an internet connection and will always be available to display a clear and detailed view of the city transport system, plus list and animate the optimum route for your journey. Provides the fastest route calculations of any mobile routing application (virtually instantaneous) using actual published journey times with the ability to select the quickest route or the route with the least changes.
Comprehensive details of your planned route are provided, including changes, directions of travel, number of stops, predicted journey times, etc. Uniquely this application gives you “direction”, “towards” and “service frequency” information (not available on any other offline journey planner) for example “Take the Northern line (Southbound) towards Stockwell for 10 mins (6 stops). Service runs every 7 minutes” which is essential when finding the correct platform and connection. Also given are alternatives for each leg of the journey.
● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ● The map and routing do not require an internet connection and therefore you will not be charged data connection fees. This also means the application runs perfectly underground, on an aeroplane, etc. For international visitors to a city who have data roaming turned off this is an ideal solution.
● LIVE INFO ● When an internet connection is available, optional "Live Information" on the current state of the transport services and real time station departure boards can be viewed allowing you to plan your journeys in advance and avoid any potential delays. Unique to this application is the ability to turn off services that are out of action and automatically calculate an alternative route.
● MINUTE MAP ● This unique feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map. This is helpful for getting a sense of scale and connectivity of the transport system and can provide some interesting results.
● MORE MAPS ● This map is one in a series of Zuti worldwide city maps, if you like this product you may also enjoy some of our other offerings, please visit www.zuti.co.uk for further information.