It also shows the strongest bass and melody.
Chord types recognized are:
Major, minor, 7 Maj, 7 min, +5, 4.
If you like this application, please consider Musician Friend SE (supporter edition) to support the development.
On the supporter edition you can find improvements like
recognition of others chords (maj7, 6, dim, dim7, 7sus4, maj7, 7+5),
and noise/drums detection inside music.
Thanks to download our apps, so any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.
It also has some unique features as showing the music spectrum so you can actually see the notes in it.
So ZAX can be used not only as a chord detector but also to show any instrument timbre. It shows all notes that are available as a frequencies in the sound. Basic tempo detection ( BPM detector) is also added to help you find the BPM for your song.
This particular version is still alpha and is equipped only with major and minor chords!
This is a free version that is fully functional.
The ZAX chord detector was not adjusted to find the chords for some specific instrument but is suitable for anything that makes sound :)
I am still working hard on this app but I think that it can already be very useful.
ZAX Chord Detector features:
1. Chord guess (major minor only)
2. Music spectrum with notes
3. Pitch shift
4. Strongest note
5. Bass note
6. All notes detected in spectrum.
Works in the 70 - 450 Hz range. ZAX chord detector has the same simple user interface as my fine chromatic tuner app. It features not only chord detection but also spectrum analyzer. As polyphonic music analyzer ZAX Chord Detector can be used to help as music recogniser.
It can help you to find chords of any song and to see why one instrument is sounding better than other.
In terms of audio frequency analyzer it can show you the under and over tones. So you can see all the notes in spectral audio analyzer view.
smartChord provides you also a reverse chord finder, scales, a chromatic tuner, metronome, pitch pipe, ear training quiz, transposing slide ruler, playground, tone generator, timer, flashlight and as a new feature: calculates fingerings :-)
It's worth a try and useful for every musician! Promised!!!
Ultimate chord reference:
* Dictionary with > 220 types of chords
* Expansion each chord to a 'slash chord'
* Support of guitar, bass, banjo, balalaika, bouzouki, cavaquinho, mandocello, mandolin and ukulele with specific settings for each of them
* Choice between more than 200 predefined tunings (e.g. DADGAD or mandola)
* Define an individual custom tuning for each instrument
* Calculate all the possibilities for playing a chord
* Supports a capo
* Supports instruments with shortened strings (e.g. 5 string Banjo)
* Browser/explorer for comfortable navigation
* Modes for different playing strength (basic, advanced, expert)
* Individual adjustment for almost everything. For example: Showing (no/just) barré-chords, number of the frets and finger, if base tone is obligatory, ...
* Viewer for the grips:
- In detail, in the gallery or all the fingerings in the overview
- Limited to a range of the fretboard
- Notes of the chord or of the whole fretboard
- For right- or left-handed users (lefties)
* For the overview:
- Clear charts and diagrams
- Define your favourites
- Filter and search the chords
- Sort the fingerings according to best sound, level of difficulty, placement on the fretboard, number of the required fingers
* audio playback of every chord and every fingering. The sound can be chosen. E.g. classic-, acoustic-, electric-guitar, ...
Reverse chord finder
Finds out, if a chosen grip corresponds with a certain chord.
Define if you allow slash chords, inverted chords or incomplete chords
Precise tuning with the chromatic tuner:
Analyses the tone and visualisation in different ways. Showing of
- the recognized note and octave,
- the frequency of the played note, as well as the target frequency,
- a scale with colours, showing to what extent the right tone is stroked,
By option, vibration of the smartphone if the pitch is met.
Scales for your improvisation
* Display of different scales (e.g. Major, Dorian, Pentatonic, Chromatic) for every keynote
* Shows the musical notation with formula
* Plays the scales
* Play the scales yourself on the fretboard
Metronome for the perfection of the timing:
* Speed trainer
* Precise up to 300 bpm
* Optically, acoustically, vibration
* Choice between 60 different MIDI sounds
Training of the musical ear:
* Learn how to distinguish between all notes of the scale and arbitrary chords
* Decision which notes or chords one wants to train
* Check the recognition rate in the aural training by a statistic
* A wide range of instruments to play the notes (about 80 instruments)
* Choice in which octave the note shall be played in the game
A 'playground' (not really a virtual instrument) to play, hear and compare different chords and fingerings.
Transposing slide ruler to transpose music from one key to another
Pitch pipe for tuning the instrument. This is also a very good aural training
Audio signal generator:
Exact with the frequency range from 0.01 Hz to 19,999.99 kHz. For:
* Tuning the instrument, generating exact references tones with the synthesizer
* Testing of the hearing, the bandwidth of headphones and speakers or other audio or studios equipement
Flashlight for the next campfire
Timer to control the practising time
Absolutely free, no advertising!!!
Imagine that you have a guitar and burn with the desire to play one loved song. But you don’t know the chords. One of the first ideas that can come up to your mind is to surf the Internet. If the song is quite popular, it is likely that you will find numerous versions of guitar chords and tabs. But sometimes, the quality of the chords produced by an amateur leaves much to be desired. You can find yourself in a more difficult situation if the song is not among the latest hits from the top charts, or has just been released. There is always an alternative solution – to ask a professional musician to pick up the guitar chords by ear, or to do it yourself.
Fortunately, there is a better, faster and more reliable solution now! Recognize guitar chords to your favorite songs on your Android device with a new application - AnySong Chord Recognition.
Just choose an audio file from your music collection, wait a little, and get the desired guitar chords! AnySong Chord Recognition automatically analyzes audio, extracts the chords and shows the appropriate guitar tabs on the screen while the track is playing! For sure, you will be amazed with the user friendly interface and appreciate the quality of the recognized chords!
AnySong Chord Recognition! Any song, any place, any time!
- 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions
- 1000+ scales
- 12 root keys
- Chord Progression (chord sequencer)
- Suggested Chord Patterns, Custom Patterns
- Circle of Fifths
- List of available chords in Circle of Fifths
- Key notations: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, etc.
- Reverse chord & scale lookup
- Ability to display chord on the staff
- Plays chords
- Plays scales
- Plays arpeggiated chords
- Audio support
- Relative scale suggestions
- Compatible scale chords
- Scale lookup with major & minor scale fingering
- Flexible chord & scale search using keyboard
- User libraries
- Ability to create custom chords for a user library
Keywords: piano, Piano, perfect, pro, professional, pitch pipe, learn, k-board, keyboard, grand, pianoforte, revolution, teacher, rhythm, relaxing, chords, notes, fingering, scale, user libraries, patterns, progressions, chord patterns, major, minor, modes
(Selectable Chords with enharmonic equivalents): C, (C#, Db), D, (D#, Eb), E, F, (F#, Gb), G, (G#, Ab), A, (A#, Bb), B
(Selectable Qualities: Add9, Augmented, Diminished, 11th, b5, Major, Major 7th b5, Major 9th, Major 7th, Minor, Minor 69, Minor 9th/Major 7th, Minor 11th, Minor 9th , Minor/Major 7th, Minor 7th, Minor 7th b5, Minor 6th, 9th, 9th Augmented, 9th b5, 9th #11, 7th, 7th Augmented, 7th Aug b9, 7th b5, 7th b9, 7th #5, 7th #9, 7th Sus, Six Nine, 6th, Sus4, 13th, 13th b5/b9, 13th b9
Piano: (Acoustic Grand, Bright Acoustic, Electric Grand, Honky-tonk, Electric Piano 1 & 2, Harpsichord, Clavinet)
Chromatic Percussion: (Celesta,Glockenspiel, Music Box, Vibraphone, Marimba, Xylophone, Tubular Bells, Dulcimer)
Organ: (Drawbar, Percussive, Rock, Church, Reed, Accordion, Harmonica, Tango Accordion)
Guitar: (Acoustic Guitar (nylon), Acoustic Guitar (steel), Electric Guitar (jazz), Electric Guitar (clean), Electric Guitar (muted), Overdriven Guitar, Distortion Guitar, Guitar harmonics)
Bass: (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass (finger), Electric Bass (pick), Fretless Bass, Slap Bass 1 & 2, Synth Bass 1 & 2)
Strings: (Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass, Tremolo Strings, Pizzicato Strings, Orchestral Harp, Timpani)
Strings (continued): (String Ensemble 1 & 2, Synth Strings 1 & 2, Choir Aahs, Voice Oohs, Synth Voice, Orchestra Hit)
Brass: (Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Muted Trumpet, French Horn, Brass Section, Synth Brass 1 & 2,
Reed: (Soprano Sax, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Baritone Sax, Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon, Clarinet)
✓ 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions
✓ 1000+ scales
✓ 12 root keys
✓ Chord Progression (chord sequencer)
✓ Circle of Fifths
✓ List of available chords in Circle of Fifths
✓ Key notations: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, etc.
✓ Reverse chord & scale lookup
✓ Ability to display chord on the staff
✓ Plays chords
✓ Plays scales
✓ Plays arpeggiated chords
✓ Audio support
✓ Relative scale suggestions
✓ Compatible scale chords
✓ Scale lookup with major & minor scale fingering
✓ Flexible chord & scale search using keyboard
✓ User libraries
✓ Ability to create custom chords for a user library
Keywords: piano, Piano, perfect, pro, professional, pitch pipe, learn, k-board, keyboard, grand, pianoforte, revolution, teacher, rhythm, relaxing, chords, notes, fingering, scale, user libraries, chord progression
Chorditor is a tool for chord search, add, edit, play, compose, etc.
There are 2 main features.
1. Guitar Chord Chart
- simple/easy to browse chords
- showing all variations by one touch
- expandable/customizable chords
- backup/restore chord database
- split chord
- left/right hander
- horizontal/vertical view
- capo setting
- capture and send chord as image
- strum all chords
- color setting
- compose song by chord
- edit tools : save, open, input, delete, copy, paste, undo, redo,...
- lyrics input
- time signature, tempo and key change options
- play all or selected chord units
- add/edit chord playing pattern (In-App Purchase)
- chord sheet music
*. most of features are free to use except 'inputting/editting patterns'
*. In-App purchase 'Premium Upgrade' removes ads and enables 'inputting/editting patterns'.
Have you thought about the number of times you have spent on identifying which chord you actually played on your guitar or piano but didn't know the name of? With this application you just have to fill in the notes by pressing them and the chord names will appear on the screen. This app makes it a lot easier and you could actually spend more time on writing your music instead of trying to figure out what kinds of chords you are playing on your guitar or piano.
NEW in V1.4.0 a brand new section where you can create sequences with 300 different chords!
Excellent resource for finding chords, easy to see the results with the graphical interface. Even includes 6ths, 9ths and other jazz chords. Version 1.2.0 now has a chord progression section that will help you build your next music hit!
A Chord Finder FULL version, for both guitar and piano.
Now with 21 frets on each guitar string! The piano section has 63 types of scales and 756 scales.
"This chord finder will show you the Chord names and you can also pick a chord from a library"
Piano chords; In the piano section, you can also play and see piano chords, scales and rotate voicing on every piano chord. Now it has a reversed chord library in the pianosection too!
Reversed and chordlibrary Guitar; This application is both reversed and has a lookup chord library in the guitar section. Choose a chord and see it in the view, make changes to it and see what it will become. If you're a left or a right handed player doesn't matter, just switch it with a click. Several versions of a chord can be viewed by clicking the "Display Chord" button repeatedly to step through all versions of the chosen chord. You can also display simple chords, and from there choose to show only high or low end chords.
Playable chords; Click the "Play Chord" button or play the strings on touch and you will hear the chord, with samples from a real guitar..
Stereo panning; You can individually change the volume of each string and pan them in stereo so that you can hear a specific string more or less in the chord. This will help you to hear exactly what's going on (perfect with headphones).
Strum or Arpeggiated; You can change the interval between the strings in a chord being played to make it more or less arpeggiated, so that you can make it sound more like if you were picking the strings one by one.
Chord Sequencer; You can also play around with chords in the sequencer and add a drum or a cello as backing sound and now save the sequence as a wave file on your SD card!
Save and Load chords; Long click the "SYS" button and a menu will open where you can save and load your favourite chords to SD card. This in the guitar section..
Save Chord as Image; Save your favourite chords as images on your SD card! In the guitar section..
Steel and Classic guitar; There are two guitars to choose from in this version, a classic and a steel guitar. The sounds was recorded in a studio with the swedish The Tool guitar which gave this application life through its clear sound..
Play two Chords simultaneously; Add one more steel or classic guitar so that you can play them simultaneously and hear which chords that sounds good together.
Guitar Tunings available; EADGBE, EBEAbBE, EAEAC#E, EAC#EAE, ADF#BE, EADGCF, DADGAD, DGCGCD, DADF#AD, DADGBE, DGDGBD, DADACD, CGCGAE, CGDAEG, FADGBE, GCFADG, Gminor, Drop1 and 2, Capo on fret 1 to 8
Guitar Tuner; There is a thorough guitartuner, interactive pitch/frequency detection guitar tuner that automatically will sense each string you pick on your guitar.
Text To Speach; If you have the TTS (Text To Speach) Api installed on your device; you can mark the root key of a taken chord in the Guitar section and a voice will speak the chord notation for you.
Don't forget to get back here to check for updates!
If you have discovered a problem or have requests or ideas, please send a mail about it.
Being able to recognize chords and intervals by just listening will enable you get better at playing songs on-the-fly without having to use tabs.
With enough practice you will also start to remember the "feel" of each chord, which is important when doing your own compositions. Finally, but not least, you will be able to impress your guitar playing friends ;)
The best way to train your ear is, of course, by listening to chords/intervals and then trying to figure out which chord/intervals it is. This is just what this app does. You can choose between a number of quizzes. Each quiz contains a recording of a number of guitar chords or intervals. For each recording you must choose the correct chord or interval from a number of possibilities.
In the FREE version you get the following build-in quizzes:
* Chords in the key of C (C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am).
* Three quizzes of increasing difficulty mixing chords (C, Cm, C7, D, Dm, D7, E, Em, E7, F, Fm, F7, G, Gm, G7).
* Intervals in the minor scale with root note C (major 2nd, minor 3rd, 4th, 5th, minor 6th, minor 7th, octave)
In the FULL version you get the following build-in quizzes:
* Chords in the key of C (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Chords in the key of D (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Chords in the key of E (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Chords in the key of F (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Chords in the key of G (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Chords in the key of A (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Chords in the key of B (+ext with 7th/9th-type chords).
* Four quizzes of increasing difficulty mixing all the chords.
* Intervals in the minor and major scales with root note C (major 2nd, major/minor 3rd, 4th, 5th, major/minor 6th, major/minor 7th, octave)
In the FULL version you can also create your own custom quizzes, selecting between 96 different chords:
* Root notes: A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, and G#.
* Types: major, minor, 7th, major 7th, minor 7th, 9th, major 9th, and minor 9th.
or between 12 different intervals:
* Root note: C.
* Types: major/minor 2nd, major/minor 3rd, 4th, tritone, 5th, major/minor 6th, major/minor 7th, octave.
All feedback is appreciated.
Keywords: Guitar, chords, guitar chords, quiz, learning, music, playing by ear, educational, composing, audio.
- Can sound the music chords.(Ver2.0 ~)
- Can move this app to SD card.
musical chords, chord view, chord finder, chord theory,
classic, jazz, pops, chord sound, music accord,
piano, flute, violin, sax, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet,
oboe, piccolo, viola, horn, trombone, guitar, bassoon, base, tuba
UPDATED to include pop, rap, alternative, rock, dubstep, and hip hop!
There is something for everyone, from modern hits to movie soundtracks, classic rock, and country.
Get the latest, hottest app! Guess the song is an app where you must name the songs and artists. See how long it takes you, and see if you can get every single song named! Quiz your friends! Play the song excerpt for them, and see if they can guess the tune!
This version is the Pop and Rap version, featuring very short clips of the latest pop songs. Can you guess them all?
The iImprov - Chord/Scale Compendium is an easy to use reference app that provides a visual and audio representation of the most useful scale to chord choices for jazz improvisation.
In addition to being a great reference, iImprov -Chord/Scale Compendium is also a valuable ear training tool for learning the different scale and chord colors.
The app organizes 25 different chord qualities into three families: Major, Minor, and Dominant. When a specific chord quality is selected, that chord is displayed in standard notation along with a key selection wheel. Depending on the chord, from 1 to 5 scales are recommended. The Fast Forward button cycles through these recommendations, and the Play button plays the currently selected chord and scale. For ease of recognition, the chords are displayed in close position (stacked 3rds), but the chord is sounded with a more practical voicing that might be encountered in a playing situation.
As with other apps from JazzAppsMoblie, bass or treble clef can be selected, as well as the appropriate transposition for your instrument.
All scales and chords may be presented in any key.
More from developer
15 Puzzle (Slide puzzle) simple but very entertaining classic logic game. Now you can play it everywhere.
The object of the puzzle is to place frames in order (complete picture) by moving frames using the empty space.
Unlike other apps this one doesn't count time, instead it count how many moves you need to solve the puzzle. (High score system will be added in future versions).