This app attempts to minimize the battery consumption, and does so in a very simple way: turning off the wifi, which translates into a real battery saver.
So, when it detects that the device has been disconnected from a wireless network, and after waiting a reasonable time (configurable), the hardware wifi going to off.
In order to set wifi state the app monitorizes the cell tower in which your device is connected and classifies it statistically the possibility of establishing a wifi connection, enabling or disabling the wifi attending to this possibility.
The application also allows you to add notifications in the status bar, view the history of connections (PRO version), auto disable while airplane mode active, etc.
If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?
Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop automatically. This saves you some battery life and also, saves you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead.
Think of it as a Wifi scheduler for your device.
You can add multiple schedules, select multiple days, select when to switch on or switch off Wifi and it will all work seamlessly, without any problem! The UI is simple to use and pleasing to the eye.
If you don't want to use a schedule anymore, just deactivate it or simply delete it!
Of course, even with this app installed, you can always manually switch Wifi on and off. It will not affect any existing schedules.
There's more! The latest version features a beautiful Wifi Widget! Just tap this widget to toggle wifi whenever you want to!
Try it out. It is simple, ad free and free to use! It is also fully compatible with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean!
For feature requests, issues or any type of support, just e-mail us!
Here's a list of upcoming features of this app:
- A more advanced Wifi Toggle widget (toggle Wifi automatically after "X" hours)
- Support for landscape screen orientation
- Support for international languages (German, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese and many more)
NOTE: If you give this app a low rating, kindly write the reason as well. This will give us a chance to improve the app by finding out why you did not like it.
These are just a few scenarios. You can create your own rules.
Dear users, I am aware of crash issues happen on some phones and will try my best to fix it. As this doesn't happen on my 3 devices, it makes debugging really difficult. Please bear with me while I try to fix this.
Btw, debug log only helps in understanding app behaviour but not if application crashes. Please submit the crash report when it happens. I will need your help and understanding to improve this app. Thanks.
Profile Scheduler lets you change volume, wireless and other phone settings quickly and easily.
Simply set and forget!
Activate profile by just a click or by rules : Scheduler, Location(GPS or Network [cells, Wifi, cell-id]), Calendar, Headset, Car Dock, Power, Battery Level, Wifi, Bluetooth, Orientation, Periodic Timer, or a countdown timer! You can even set the priority for the rules.
It comes with 5 default profiles: Normal, Meeting, Silent, Night and Outdoor. If you don’t like them, simply change them or create your own. You may consider the following profiles:
Car – GPS on, Bluetooth on, Wi-Fi off, screen never timeout.
Power Saver – Mobile data, WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth off, low brightness, short screen timeout, auto-sync off
The following profile settings are supported:
- Volume for ringtone, notification, alarm, media, voice and system
- Vibrate for incoming call and notification
- Phone Ringtone
- Notification Ringtone
- Airplane mode (Issue on 4.3 and 4.4)
- Mobile Data
- GPS (May not work on some phones due to Google blocking it)
- Speaker Mode
- Haptic Feedback
- Audible touch tone
- Brightness - Automatic, Default or Custom
- Screen timeout - 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, Never
- Wallpaper from Gallery or File Manager.
- Launch app
- Close app
- 2 widgets
- Support 'Volume Locker'
- Backup & Restore user data
- Option for to disable rule/whitelist
- Rule prioritization
- 12/24 hours display
- Countdown timer
- Lock active profile
- Rule prioritization
- Whitelist contacts: customise ringer/sms volume for certain contacts regardless of profile. Can be used as blacklist. (Known issue: unable to suppress vibration)
- Save location (paid version)
- Activate profile through widget (paid version)
- Profile shortcut (paid version)
We (just myself) have been trying very hard to improve this app and your support is very important. If you like the app, please help me share it with your friends.
For bug report, please refer to:
For suggestion, please refer to:
Full features and without ads:
- unlimited rules
- save location
- up to 50 whitelist contacts
- widget to activate and lock profile, activate countdown timer
- profile shortcut
Users are encouraged to try out the free version before purchase!
Follow us on Twitter @wetpalm4android.
You don't need to manually turn on/off the Internet connection anymore, Scheddy save you battery life disabling and enabling your network 3G and WiFi periodically.
In the Full Version you can configure the active and inactive time to your need.
You can specify a night period so the 3G and WiFi connection will stay inactive during the night.
You can also always disable the connection when the screen is Off and reactivate immediatly when the screen turn On
- Manage 3G
- Manage WiFi
- Enable the connection when the screen is on
- Configure the delay of disconnection when the screen goes off
- Configure the active time and inactive Time of the Wifi and 3G connection (FULL VERSION)
- Night Mode (configurable): The 3G or WiFi connection will stay inactive during this time (FULL VERSION)
- Low Battery Level (configurable): The connection will be disable when the battery level is low. (FULL VERSION)
- Show a notification icon so you can call directly the application (configurable)
- Start the application automatically when the phone boot (configurable)
- Widget to enable or disable Scheddy without open the application
* On Android 5.0+ the "Disable/enable 3G connection network" function does not work. This is because on Lollipop the enable/disable function is no longer accessible to third-party apps.
If you are interested in helping us to translate this app to your native language, contact us.
Home networking just got a lot more fun and easily accessible. With Linksys Smart Wi-Fi you can get access into your home network from anywhere at any time. Plus, continue to get new apps and capabilities that will optimize your connected experiences. From your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi mobile app easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, give a guest access to the Internet, or block your child from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize what devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to get visibility into your home network. Get the freedom to access and control your connected life on the go.
Remote Access – Access and manage your network on the go using your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account.
Guest Access – Easily give your friends and family Internet access on your separate guest network. Simply tap on your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app to get and share your guest network password.
Media Prioritization – Prioritize which devices on your network get the most bandwidth for less lag time and buffering.
Parental Controls – Create a safe Internet experience for your kids, even on-the-go. From your mobile phone or tablet, restrict access to specific web sites or block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
This app works with any router that supports Linksys Smart Wi-Fi. To view the full list of supported routers, click here: http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com/ustatic/mobile/supportedRouters.html
To access Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, you must first create a secure user account (www.linksyssmartwifi.com) and then simply login to that account while connected to your home router. After that, you can log in from anywhere you have Internet access.
* This product will only work with a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router. To view the full list of supported routers, click here: http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com/ustatic/mobile/supportedRouters.html
* Android 2.2 and greater
Copyright and Trademark notice: 2014 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
For support, visit our Support site at http://support.linksys.com/support/ccc
* This is FREE and only does as described! PRO version does more, is featured on Life Hacker, PC World & Android Central and recommended by Motorola. The ORIGINAL, best, steadiest and most popular WiFi file transfer app with now over 1 million users across all app stores worldwide! *
Browse, download and stream individual files that are on your Android device, using a web browser via a WiFi connection.
No more taking your phone apart to get the SD card out or grabbing your cable to access your camera pictures and copy across your favourite MP3s.
"I wholeheartedly recommend going the wireless route with WiFi File Explorer!" - PC World review - 5 stars.
"Best couple of bucks I ever spent." - Top app of 2011 - from Android Central's Jerry Hildenbrand.
1. Using a web browser, you can browse and download all the files on your Android device without the need for a cable. Download entire directories with one click which no other similar app offers;
2. View all the camera pictures and videos or listen to all the music on your Android device streamed directly in a web browser. Use shortcut tabs to quickly view ‘All Music’, ‘All Pictures’ and ‘All Videos’ stored on your device, no matter which directory they are in;
3. Use the one of a kind gallery viewer to create a slide show of all your camera pictures directly from your Android device. Simply click on a picture’s file name to launch the gallery viewer and then hit the play button to enjoy all your pictures in the web browser;
4. Search box so that you can find any file on your Android device;
5. Select between thumbnail and detail views to choose the best method to quickly browse your files. Thumbnails are supported for both pictures AND videos!
6. Upgrade to the PRO version to perform multiple file uploads/download do full backups, stream media playlists, create new directories, delete/rename/copy/zip/unzip files and auto-install apps saved on your device,
7. Runs as a service in the background so you can use other apps while you are making transfers;
8. Simple to use with no set up or buttons – it just works!
9. Password protected to prevent unwanted access;
10. Ability to configure the port settings;
11. Full support for special characters in file names which competitor apps do not support;
12. Visual indicators and stats of how much free space is on your Android device as well as real-time indicators of how much battery and WiFi signal you currently have;
13. Send an email to the web link from the app for easy connection;
14. Special “Development Goodies” mode to enable SSL protection – email developer for details!
14. LOTS more features in development;
* Before emailing, check FAQs at http://dooblou.blogspot.com *
* Follow @dooblou on Twitter for all the latest news and updates as they occur *
* Find us on Facebook – Search for ‘WiFi File Explorer’ *
If you do have problems using this application on your WiFi network, it is most likely a configuration problem with your router/network. Please contact the developer if you have any questions and he may be able to help you ... but please don't rate low because your network isn't configured properly - that isn't the application’s fault ;)
SkipLock is the leading password convenience app on the market. It's focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn't quite right. Forget about trying to use Tasker or Llama for this. SkipLock is way easier!
"SkipLock is one of the best applications we have ever tested here at Cult of Android, and we strongly believe that it should be a standard feature on every Android device. Best of all, the application itself has been coded to perfection, which makes it a pleasure to use, and most of the time you don’t even realize it’s there..." - Cult of Android
*** This app is installed as a trial by default. The app is fully functional for 4 days, then you can convert it into the unlimited version with an in-app purchase. There is no separate version or extra download.
SkipLock is the successor to Unlock With WiFi. Major improvements have been made. Here is a full explanation of why I made it a separate app: http://benhirashima.com/posts/the-rebirth-of-unlock-with-wifi/. If you bought Unlock With WiFi within the last two months, please contact me and I will either refund your purchase or give you a free copy of SkipLock.
Some of the features in SkipLock:
- Pattern and face unlock supported on rooted devices
- Completely redesigned Android 4+ user interface
- No background service = less memory usage and more reliable
- No status bar icon required (but it’s still an option). Tray-only notifications also an option.
- If you have notifications enabled, you can tap the notification to instantly lock the device
- Automatically turn on/off wifi
- Automatically turn on/off bluetooth
- Automatically turn on/off sync
- WidgetLocker integration
- Low memory usage and minimal impact on battery life
- Can save your battery if you let it automatically turn off wifi, bluetooth, and sync
- Does not work on Android 5+. However, Android 5.0 has much of SkipLock's functionality built in now.
- Support for the Galaxy S 5 is only partial at the moment. The fingerprint scanner is not supported. Only patterns work in root mode, but PINs and passwords work in non-root mode.
- Only passwords or PINs are supported on non-rooted devices
- If your employer enforces a password policy on your phone, the app won't work. This is the case for many corporate Exchange users. If your phone is rooted, you may be able to avoid this problem.
- This app doesn't work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
- The app doesn't unlock when connected to Bluetooth LE devices. Only regular Bluetooth devices.
- Motorola Skip or Dots may not work correctly when SkipLock is installed
- Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
- To uninstall, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won't work.
- SkipLock is not compatible with TimePin or any other app that controls the lock screen, except for WidgetLocker.
Please read the FAQ before you install this app http://benhirashima.com/skiplock/faq
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement, which can be read here: http://benhirashima.com/skiplock/eula. It's pretty standard stuff.
It just might succeed where other apps have failed.
Currently 15-10-2014, according to the success vs unsuccess reports our success rate is 64% out of total reports.
Having a Wi-Fi problem ?
Your Wi-Fi stopped working or seems broken?
If you are about to do a factory reset - try this application first, it might heal your device!
NO PROMISES MADE, NO GUARANTIES, but it has been tested on some devices with a malfunctioned WiFi which otherwise required factory reset and fixed the problem.
IT WILL DELETE ALL YOUR WI-FI PASSWORDS!
Here is the current list of devices which success reports were sent on:
HTC Desire / HD / Evo / G1 / Glacier / Hero / Magic / Legend / G2 / One
Motorola Droid / Milestone
Samsung GT-i5510 / GT-i5700 / GT-5800 / GT-i9000 / GTi9000M / GT-P1000 / SPH-M900 / SGH-i896 / SGH-i897 / SGH-T959 / SHW-M110S / SHW-M130 / SPH-D700 / SPH-M900 / SPH-M910 / SPH-M920 / S / S2 / S3
Sony Ericsson E15i / X10i
Unlike other Wi-Fi fix applications it does not run as a service on the backround, it does not add any cpu load, it does not consume your battery.
Just one click - activate it, let it do its magic, wait for a few seconds (up to about one minute) and thats it!
Please note - if your hardware is broken there isn't any software which can fix that. This app solves problems in Android OS which cause the Wi-Fi to stop working properly.
It is recommended installing this app now that your Wi-Fi does work so it will be available if Wi-Fi stopped working and your 3G is expensive.
Fixing wifi is just the first phase - in the near future we plan to add GPS and bluetooth fixing.
* It prevents your smartphone from sending out the names of Wi-Fi networks it wants to connect to over the air. This makes sure that other people in your surroundings can not see the networks you've connecte to, and the places you've visited.
* If your smartphone encounters an unknown access point with a known name (for example, a malicious access point pretending to be your home network), it asks whether you trust this access point before connecting. This makes sure that other people are not able to steal your data.
Wi-Fi Privacy Police does not have any negative impact on your battery. In fact, you may see your battery life increase by using this app.
View our paper at https://doclib.uhasselt.be/dspace/handle/1942/17224 for more technical information.
Wi-Fi Privacy Police is an app developed at the Expertise Center for Digital Media, a research institute of UHasselt. It is open source, with its source code being publicly available at https://github.com/BramBonne/privacypolice .
A lot of effort went into making this app work flawlessly. If you, however, run into any problems when using this app, nor the app developers, nor the UHasselt take responsibility. You are encouraged to report any issues at firstname.lastname@example.org or via GitHub at https://github.com/BramBonne/privacypolice/issues/new ; we will try to fix them as soon as possible.
Note to those using CyanogenMod: make sure that Privacy Guard is not blocking access to Wi-Fi Privacy Police, as it will then not be able to see the available networks. This will cause Wi-Fi Privacy Police to disable access to all of them.
But is this radiation harmful?
This application measures the WiFi electromagnetic radiation in approximation, and given the selected limits, it informs you if your environment could be considered harmful or not.
- WiFi Radiation meter
- Show the proportion of Radiation emitted by the several wireless devices around
- Create projects and save the Radiation measurements with your geo location
- Project them on Google Maps
Special thanks to Konstantinos Chalkias!
* The radiation amount is calculated by approximation of only the available wireless access points, and may be affected by the strength of your device's antenna.
Presently, Network Browser should be able to connect to most Microsoft Windows or Linux and Mac OSX smb samba network shared folders. You need to know the IP address of the network server you are trying to connect to. You can connect as guest, or supply your username and password.
You can also open files that you find on your network. Tapping on a file will open it in the default editor on your Android system. Currently saving and uploading is not supported, but if there is interest in the project I can certainly work to add these features.
Network Browser now supports music and video streaming over the network! The current release only supports mp3 format for music and m4v and mp4 formats for videos, but I plan on adding support for more media formats in the future. Give it a try and let me know which formats you want me to work on next! Network Browser can now be your ultimate home network media streaming app!
Network Browser is for you guys, so if there is any interest in this project, I will add any features that you want or request. With time and effort this could be a fully functional network file manager and Windows Networking app, but if there is no interest in the project then I will not put the time into it. Just let me know!
This app only works in wireless networks where the routers / access points (AP) are configured according to the wifi specifications for roaming as follows:
• The SSID of each AP is set to the same value (i.e. the network name is the same for all APs).
• The security settings of each AP are the same (i.e. the same password and encryption type).
• Each AP is set to a different channel/frequency as required by the wifi specifications for roaming.
If you have two (or more) routers or wireless access points (AP) in your home or office, then this app selects the strongest one as you move around the building ... if your network is configured appropriately.
To use this app:
• Install the app from Google Play.
• Select your wifi network from the Android settings like you normally do.
• Run the app (you can set it to automatically load on startup).
• The app will show how many APs it has found in the current network.
• If it has found two or more APs, it will automatically select the strongest.
If the app only finds one AP then it means your other AP is not configured with the same SSID (network name), or it is out of range.
This app will not do the following:
• It will not switch between networks that have a different SSID, because this is not allowed for in the wifi roaming specifications.
• This app does not replace any Android functionality - you select which network you are using as before.
• This app will not work on all phones, it depends on the wifi drivers. See the forum on heleron.com
• This app will not fix the wifi battery consumption display bug! Some phones show a high level of power consumption by wifi.
The phones with the battery consumption display problem incorrectly calculate wifi battery consumption due to a driver bug, and might show figures as high as 30%! In reality the app does not use that much power, and can save power and give a longer battery life because when the wifi is connected to a stronger AP, your device uses less transmit power. The power consumption depends on your wifi chipset - in the Galaxy Nexus it is shown around 2% - 5%.
The app is very lightweight - it sits in the background receiving measurements from the Wifi drivers. It only does something when the signal level is weak and there is a stronger signal from another AP in your network.
The app includes an algorithm to prevent frequent changes when two APs have a similar signal strength.
In many mobile phones this functionality is performed by the wifi drivers. However in some Android devices this does not work, which is why this app was developed.
If it works without problems on your phone, please leave a comment below (with your phone model and Android version).
This app is only developed for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, though we have made it available to owners of other devices to try out. If it doesn't work on your phone then please don't leave negative feedback, because it discourages those who have the real problem that this app fixes. Instead you can report your problem in the forum on our website (heleron.com), where we might be able to find a solution. There is also a beta version available.
You could also try the previous version of this app "Wifi Strongest Signal". Try disabling Bluetooth to see if it makes a difference.
WiFi ADB makes it easy to debug/test your Android apps directly on device via WiFi TCP/IP connection. No need to use USB cable. After enabling ADB over WiFi, to connect your computer to the device open the console and run
adb connect ip_address_of_the_device
This app works on ROOTED devices only. If you don't know what it means or your device is not rooted please don't install. Users also need to grant this app su permission when being asked.
★ Quickly enable/disable ADB connection over WiFi TCP/IP
★ Auto-enable ADB over WiFi on configured known SSIDs
★ Once enabled an entry is added to ongoing notification bar to remind user that ADB over WiFi is active and make it easy to disable it manually
★ The app icon can be put on status bar at all time for quick access (better than home screen widget, IMO)
★ Temporarily increase screen-off timeout. Nine times out of 10 this is what users want during development of an Android app and testing it on device. The original screen timeout value is restored when ADB over WiFi is disabled again.
★ Temporarily lock WiFi, prevent it from going into sleep mode (how effectively it works depends on device and Android version)
★ Also acts as Tasker/Locale plugin. You can configure Tasker/Locale to automatically turn on/off WiFi ADB based on other conditions
★ If your development computer is Unix/Linux or Mac open a console and run
while true ; do adb connect phone_ip_address ; sleep 15 ; done
This one-liner auto-reconnects to ADB daemon on the phone every time the link is broken for whatever reason.
★ If you control the WiFi router, configure it to give the phone the same IP address every time. Then assign a local DNS hostname to that IP address so that you don't have to type an IP address which changes everytime in the console.
This app requires in-app purchase permission. This is for users to make donations to the app developer. Donations are voluntary and in fact do not add any extra features. But if you want to say thank-you with your wallet, you can. (Thanks!)
Download the app and start the monitoring process of you wifi internet connection.
In a few seconds the sistem will optimize the wifi connection process and will show you the obtained improvements percentage.
With this application, you can customize your Sony SmartBand™ Talk, SmartBand™ or SmartWatch2. With just a tap you can turn on/off phone speaker, Wi-Fi or radio, check the smartphone battery level, or even switch among the phone audio modes. Make your life easier and more fun with the Smart Control extension.
The available actions may depend on the accessory used. When you have installed this app, it will not appear on your home screen. Instead, if you are using SmartBand™ or SmartWatch 2 it will be integrated into Smart Connect. Smart Connect app from Sony required. If you are using SmartBand™ Talk, it will be integrated into the SmartBand™ Talk dedicated Sony app. SmartBand™ Talk dedicated Sony app required.
Works with: SmartWatch 2 SW2, SmartBand™ SWR10 and SmartBand™ Talk SWR30
If you want to develop apps or app extensions for innovative Sony accessories, go to www.sonymobile.com/developer
Android apps and app extensions by Sony are designed to work with Android smartphones and tablets. However, some manufacturers may have set compatibility limitations in their devices resulting in decreased functionality.