- Search beers and get extensive details, with style and ABV information and recent user ratings
- Get beer details by its scanning barcode
- Find where a beer is available and what beers are available at a certain place
- Top 50 beers overall and by country
- Explore beer styles and the best beers in a style
- Rate beers on aroma, appearance, taste, palate and overall
- Full offline rating; upload when a connection is available again
- Search users and view user details, with dates, number of ratings and recent ratings
- Search places or find local beer places (using your current location); and check in to places
- Open in Google Maps or call directly
- Find beer events per country (and state)
- View an event's location, times and who's attendenting
- Quick add to calendar
- RateBeer Premium users can edit their wants and haved and view other users' cellars
- Get RateBeer mail notifications, send mail and view a full message history offline
Moreover, every Android device with 2.1 and up is supported, with an interface tailored for phone (including ICS+) and tablet (Honeycomb+). Stay tuned for even more features!
NOTE: If you encounter loading problems, try signing out (from the menu) and in again. Still problems? Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
RateBeer for Android is open source software under the GPL v3 license.
Tap to send: Beer?!
Tap to reply: Beer?!
Do you need more than that?
Tip: swipe a contact to the left to delete or block it.
"Forget Yo. A new messaging app lets you cut to the chase, or chaser, as the case may be." MASHABLE
"Beer?! is a refreshing, uncluttered way to invite your friends out for a drink." PSFK
"There's no ambiguity; no unique invitation to be carefully crafted. Beer?! is as simple as it gets. It's about drinking beer. Soon. Possibly with you." Concrete Playground
Identify every beer you come in contact with, anywhere. Speak the beer name, type it in, or scan a Bar Code. Access over 300,000 beers, and counting!
** If this update causes you to keep losing connection with RateBeer, please Uninstall it and Reinstall it from the market, you will not be charged again **
2/28/13 - Bug fixed; "Lost connection with Ratebeer, please check your internet connection and try again," issue should not be a problem any longer.
7/3/2011 - v1.22 - Facebook Fix for all clients, Facebook should now be fully operational!
6/24/2011 - v1.21 - Quick fix for Force Closes on beers with null Style Ratings. Sorry about that!! This will fix it.
6/24/2011 - v1.20 - Finally, another update! Sorry, we've been working hard on the iPhone version, which is almost ready for release! We've added 5-star ratings, a 1-100 Beer Style rating, some interface improvements, and an experimental Twitter share function! Enjoy!
Is the beer lover in your life tired of swimming through a sea of beer apps, just to get the results he or she needs, on the spot? Well, they can stop drowning in their vat of beer apps, The Beer Expert App is now available.
Unlike any other beer-information app on the market, The Beer Expert draws from a database of hundreds of thousands of beers – almost every beer on the planet.
For either regular beer lovers, or true beer aficionados, the inability to recognize the beer that’s in front of you, now, is extremely frustrating. But imagine being able to walk into any package store, grocery, brewpub, or bar, having a look at the beer selection before you and immediately having access to every beer’s vital information.
this app provides that exact information and more. With a burgeoning and ever-growing beer market, and other folks producing beer apps, we had to create ours to be bigger, better, more robust and simply more useful than any other available. And this app will be attractive to anyone who enjoys beer, not only the "beer geeks".
By either taking a picture of the beer’s upc code, typing in its name, or speaking it into your phone, The Beer Expert will immediately provide the user with the beer’s commercial description, a.b.v., style and several user reviews, along with a picture.
And once the user has sampled the beer, if they disagree with one of the provided reviews, they can give it a “thumbs down". Likewise, they can give great reviews a “thumbs up.”
The secret to The Beer Expert’s comprehensiveness is it bringing together two of the beer world’s greatest forces;
The Beer Sommelier® and RateBeer.com, which is arguably the largest beer database in the world. This combination allows for simply the most comprehensive, accurate and complete listing of beers available in the world…over 300,000 beers at the app’s disposal.
** Please keep in mind that this app is meant for educational/informational purposes ONLY. It's meant to tell you about the beer in front of you now, that you may purchase, but know nothing about. It does NOT have the functionality for note taking...this is NOT a beer rating app.**
Download this app to accompany your next visit to one of our many nation-wide World of Beer locations! With this app, you'll be able to do the following:
Find A Beer
Use our beer finder to view the entire beer inventory from any of our taverns in real-time! Looking for a light German Pilsner? How about a Dark Ale brewed in the United States? By using smart filtering, you'll be able to find the right beer for you at any time, any location. Can't make up your mind? Just shake the phone and have the app pick a random beer for you! Sort by what's on tap, in bottles, or both! We’ve recently added flags and filters to show you what’s been newly tapped or stocked in our coolers, and show you last chance bottles to try before they run out.
Get Loyalty Information
Have a loyalty card with World of Beer? You can put in your card number and have access to your complete loyalty info! Instantly check your loyalty count and view your entire loyalty list. Looking for a beer you haven't had? Use our loyalty filter to show new beers for you to try out! Forget your card at home? Just turn your phone to the side and show others your virtual loyalty card!
We’ve rolled out a new feature that lets you earn badges as you get points on your loyalty card. Do you have a Perplexed Palate? Try several different styles of beer and earn a badge. How many countries have you tried beers from? Check out our World Traveler badge and find out.
Look at Upcoming Events & Live Music
See what events and live music are happening at any of our World of Beer locations anywhere! From live events to brewery features and beer specials, be able to see who or what is happening at a WOB near you in advance!
Find Location Info
Want to know where the nearest World of Beer is to you? How about their hours? Phone number? Find this and much more out using the built in map!
Hungry? Craving a cocktail? Check out your location’s Tavern Fare and Craft Spirits menus directly from your phone (at participating locations).
Get a recommendation on which craft beer you should drink in a pub. Search for similar beers that are related to the beers that you like.
Rate beers in your personal beerbook and keep track of all the beers you have drunk. This way, you never have to dig in your memory to remember your opinion of a specific beer.
Are you not in your hometown? No problem, with the BierApp you can easily find craft beer in the best pubs in the Netherlands
Functions in the BierApp:
- A list of all associated pubs
- A personal book of your own ratings you have given in the past
- Per beer a description of the taste and their background information
- All the information you need from the pub such as the visiting hours and contact details
- An extended beerdatabase.. growing every day.
- The latest news or events of your favourite pub
- And lots, lots more...
SO WITH THE BIERAPP YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT NOT FINDING AN INTERESTING NEW CRAFT BEER!
I know it’s been a long time since you have received an update, but hopefully this one should make up for it. This is a complete update to the Beer Tour app, front and back ends, with some more goodies almost complete after a little more testing. I’ve been tinkering with this for awhile, but a couple of users who reached out to me a few weeks ago gave me the push to finish this update. I’ve been using this release for a week now and think I have most of the bugs ironed out, but if you run into anything PLEASE email me so I can work on them.
Included in this update
-Updated for ICS
-Added Android Action Bar
-New Tablet Layouts (side by side display)
-New tab pager with swipe gestures
-New Backend Server (this helped with a lot of the items on this list)
-Mini tour names for each store, no more generic “Cinco #1” names
-Beer Details (Brewer’s description, ABV, categories, styles, etc.) I’m still in the process of populating this data starting with the current Minitour beers.
-Rating sync (this will pull your ratings back down to your phone after a reinstall or to another device if you have multiple. Hopefully no more lost ratings.)
-Updated login page to accommodate newer date picker
-Updated beer history logic (I had a user send in an excellent example of the app horribly determining his current tour beers. This appears to be corrected now.)
-App update notifications
Almost Complete Features
-Custom names for beers, this will allow you to submit Minitour and Rotator beer names for your location.
-Beer comment system
-Personal beer notes
-Picture submission system for bottles and taps
-Rework remaining screens for tablets
Removed for this release (I’m in the process of re-adding these)
-Sample data upload
-Ratings for Rotators (this will be reimplemented with the custom names feature)
Features In Progress
-Sharing (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc...)
-Beer suggestions based on previous ratings
Unfortunately all of this came at a slightly cost. Those of you running Android 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 won’t be able to use this update. Originally the update was slated to support Android 2.1, but it started exhibiting an odd database corruption issue which renders the app useless. As of this update, only Android 2.2 and higher will be supported unless I can find a fix for 2.1 in the future.
We have added a feedback page under the website link below. Please use this or direct email for suggestions and issues.
- don't have enough room in your house for beer bottles or cans
- drank a beer once and don't remember if it was good or not
- drink many different beers and would like to amaze your friends
this application is for you.
The app allows you to create your own collection of beers.
For every new beer you can add:
- two pictures
- country of origin
- place where you've tasted/bought a beer
- beer style
- alcohol content
- personal notes
You can edit, sort and search your collection by name, place, brewery, style and notes.
This is a very simple off-line application which does not require Internet connection and creating any account/profile, unless you want to do a cloud backup (Dropbox is supported for now, Google Drive will be available in the future).
IMPORTANT: The application requires external storage (either built-in or SD card) to function properly.
New functionalities will be implemented over time. Features included so far:
- Dropbox backup
- Share functionality
And all of that for free and ad-free.
Oh, and one thing to remember: "Never drink and drive"
App icons by WPZOOM (http://www.wpzoom.com/wpzoom/new-freebie-wpzoom-developer-icon-set-154-free-icons/)
App icons by Icons8.com (http://icons8.com/android-L)
Material Design icons by Google (https://github.com/google/material-design-icons)
In the meantime, please enjoy the most innovative app for craft beers in the world! Read below for info...**
How does Beerbeez work?
- Start the search by typing the name of a beer in the main page (If you are undecided just press the ‘dice’ button for a random search).
- The selected beer will appear in the “Search page” with the other related beers, connected altogether through a graph (which we call "beer galaxy”).
These beers will be connected via a proprietary algorithm or, if you want, via a filtered search (style o brewery)…
- If you want to know more about the beer, just double tap on the bubble. This will open the beer profile!
The possibilities are limitless ...
- Share your own research on the social networks or take a picture of the “beer galaxy” to send it via email!
- Add the beer (and brewery) to your favorites in order to have them always on tap from the side menu.
- Enter the section breweries in the side menu and search for your favorite brewery, divided by alphabetical order, nation or region!
- Use the App’s geolocation feature to discover the nearest breweries, beershops and pubs!
It doesn’t matter whether you're the No. 1 craft beers lover or you just want to try to change your regular tap for an evening pint… Beerbeez is the app for you!
Adding beers is super simple, just create a journal to store all your beer entries, add your friends to the journal, and then you're good to go!
• See detailed tap lists and styles available at bars, restaurants and stores
• Search by specific beer, from the Core, Rotational, and Specialty Draft Series
• Find distance to nearest establishments
• One-touch phone calls to bars, restaurants and stores for the most up-to-date information
• Connect with Sixpoint on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube
• View information about the brewery and company vision
• Explore flavor profiles of featured beers, including Sweet Action, Bengali, Resin, Mad Scientists’ Series and many others.
New in Version 2.0
• Integrated Blog Features, Events Calendar, and Merchandise
• Performance and UI enhancements
• More beer styles to choose from
• Live Sixpoint updates
• Bug fixes
Beer is Culture.