*****A perfect app for a life science or biology course that is designed to engage students to explore the topic of classification. It is designed to address the needs of all students in the topic.
*****Covers the subtopics of:
Grouping living organisms
Mosses and Liverworts
Invertebrates (many examples with classification characteristics)
Vertebrates (many examples with classification characteristics)
Making a Dichotomous Key
Many examples of organisms both common and uncommon.
Drag and drop feedback for checkpoints for self-assessment
Opportunity to create a dichotomous key
***** Other Key Features:
- Think! and Explore This for greater engagement
- Main Points summary
- Concept Map
- Test Yourself (summary questions)
★This is one of many award winning ScienceWerkz apps - try them all!
More from developer
Designed for easy use - the Lawn Care app will help take the mystery out of making your North Carolina lawn the envy of the neighborhood!
Living in the Southeast? Have insect, weed, disease, or pest troubles? Not sure what fertilizer you should put down or how much or when? With the FREE NCSU Lawn Care App you’ll have a resource to answer those difficult lawn care decisions right in your hand.
The North Carolina State University Lawn Care App is designed to assist North Carolina home owners with their lawn care. Focusing on the key categories of lawn care and maintenance, the NCSU Lawn Care App uses time sensitive information to tell you the HOWs, WHATs, and WHENs of how to care for your lawn.
With On Campus, you can quickly and easily
* Find people on campus by searching the directory
* Check out the events on campus calendars
* Browse the course catalog
* Find buildings with an interactive campus map
* Keep up with campus featured stories
* Discover other mobile apps that can help you out while on campus
Let On Campus be your guide to life at NC State University.
- View the day's current news and photos from Technician and Nubian Message
- Receive breaking news alerts
- Find out how to book your senior portrait or buy a copy of the Agromeck
- Browse through pages of the Windhover
- Listen to WKNC 88.1 FM
- Submit a song request directly to our WKNC DJs
This app is free and requires no registration to use.
The NCSU Sport Turf App provides instant access to information with topics ranging from general maintenance to sports specific agronomic alerts. It’s a must have app for every sports turf manager.
The keys benefited from an unpublished key written by Dr. James Hardin and from keys presented by Brown and Brown (1972: Woody plants of Maryland, Port City Press) and Preston and Wright (1988: Identification of Southeastern Trees in Winter, NC Agr. Exp. Sta. AG-42). Nomenclature and taxonomic concepts follow Weakley (2010: Flora of the southern and mid-Atlantic states). A list of excluded species is included in the app. Images were captured by Dr. Jon Stucky and Dr. Alexander Krings, with additional contributions by Will Cook (Duke University), Dr. Paul G. Davison (University of North Alabama), and Jeffrey Pippen (Duke University).