Some of our users offered to help us out with better translations. For those intereseted in helping, please translate the phrases located at http://wp.me/p19U61-21 - it would mean a LOT to us. We are waiting for you emails and will give credit to contributors!
Useful translated phrases for the following situations: travel & transportation (airport, airplane, bus stop, bus, train station, train, taxi stand, taxi), food and accommodation (hotel, hotel room, restaurant), emergency situations (police, officer, ambulance, hospital, doctor, pharmacy or drug store), spoken interaction (greetings, small talk) and basics, such as telling the time, week days, learning alphabet pronunciation and a great list of numbers.
The supported translatons are for spanish, portuguese, polish, german, french, italian, chinese, koreean and japanese. Further releases will add dictionaries for hindi, arabic, portuguese, russian and others. The possibility to switch the base language will also be available, so that foreign tourists traveling to major english-speaking cities, like London or New York, can have a valuable guide.
For chinese and japanese we currently have a limited number of categories (numbers, week days, telling time, greetings, small talk). Airport, train, bus, taxi, hotel, restaurant, police and hospital will be added in a future release.
Text to speech functionality is also provided either trough the phones TTS engine* or trough a cloud web service. A user can click on a phrase and hear a voice with native accent speak it. This makes it easier to talk to foreigners in order to obtain tourist info.
The translator comes with integrated high quality spanish translation, no Internet connection required. The translate system will have more tourist information in the next release, many new phrases will be added in addition to different countries and languages.
We provided a feedback form so you can tell us directly if you encounter a problem. We also appreciate any suggestions you might provide, like new categories, or corrections for phrases.
Next release will add support for arabic and korean, as you suggested in the feedback.
*** IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER ***
* There are phones that do not support text-to-speech. We are not to be held reliable in this situations.
* To check whether your phone has text-to-speech capabilities go to Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.On models with Android 1.6 go to Menu -> Settings -> Speech synthesis.
* Also you can reach text-to-speech settings by clicking the "TTS Settings" menu item of our application.
* If Pico TTS engine is not installed, please install it by clicking "Install voice data".
* We also recommend installing the eSpeak engine from Android market, as there are languages that need it (they are not supported by Pico TTS).
* Our application asks you to install them when they are needed (when you click on phrase) but we recommend having them installed from the beginning, especially if you don't have permanent access to the Internet.
* To select the default speech engine, speech rate, or to specify your default settings, go to Text-to-speech settings as described above.
And some translations:
- What time is it? - ¿Qué hora es? (spanish)
- Do you speak english? - ¿Hablas Inglés? (spanish) - Sprachen Sie Englisch? (german)
- I am a tourist - Yo soy un turista (spanish) - Je suis un touriste (french) - Ich bin ein Tourist (german) - Io sono un turista (italian)
- Where can I find a taxi? - ¿Dónde puedo cojer un taxi? (spanish) - Où est-ce que je peux trouver un taxi? (french)
- I would like to order dinner now - Vorrei ordinare la cena ora (italian) - Je voudrais commander le dîner maintenant (french)
관광객, 사전, 언어, 번역, 観光, 辞書, 言語, 翻訳, 旅游, 字典, 语言, 翻译, 旅遊, 字典, 語言, 翻譯, tourist, dictionary, language, translate
Thanks again for giving our app a try!
PS: try to long press on translations to share!
The most useful travel and navigation tool around!
Find nearby restaurants, bars, shops and lots more quickly!
Then easily show your friends where to meet you via TXT, Email, Facebook or Twitter.
You can get there with our handy direction finder or launch a map to your destination.
We've also made it easy to call a place or even display their website - directly from the app!
And you can permanently save places to "My Places"!
GREAT WHEN GOING OUT
This is a 'must have' app for tourists, business travellers and anyone that likes going out.
How often have you been out with friends and decided to go for a coffee or a drink but don't know what is around the area?
Go Places lists places sorted by distance and helps you get there.
We integrate with Google Places to show you places grouped by categories:
* Food: Restaurants, Cafes, Bakeries etc
* Entertainment: Bars, Nightclubs, etc
* Interest: Tourist destinations, museums, galleries etc
* Transport: Train, Taxi, Bus etc
* Shopping: Supermarkets, Shopping Malls, Department Stores, etc
* Accommodation: Hotels, Apartments, Campgrounds, etc
* Help: Doctors, Hospitals, Banks, etc
EXCELLENT SEARCH FUNCTIONALITY
If you know what you are looking for, you can find places not listed in the normal search by entering a keyword!
This is the fast way to find places - within seconds it shows you matching places sorted by distance!
So you don't waste time starting up web browsers or waiting for hard to read pages to load.
CONTINUES TO WORK WITHOUT INTERNET
When you don't have an internet connection, Go Places helps by remembering the places you downloaded earlier.
So you can still select them and find your way there.
This is great when you are travelling overseas and have access to the internet at hotels and hotspots only.
As a bonus, you can save destinations such as your hotel in the app and it will help you find your way back!
HANDY DIRECTION FINDER
Though you can launch maps straight from our app, you'll find our handy direction finder the most useful while travelling!
* No frustrating delays waiting for maps to load
* No wasted time looking for street signs
* No confusion trying to figure out which way to go
CALL PLACES DIRECTLY
If the place you select has a phone, Go Places lets you click to call them directly.
This is a great time saver when booking restaurants, entertainment, bars, whatever!
VISIT PLACE WEBSITES
If the place you select has a website, Go Places lets you click to view it!
This means no wasted time opening up browsers and doing searches to find what you need.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
We've made it easy to share a place with friends.
Maybe you want to meet your friends and would like to TXT or Email them directions?
Or maybe you really liked a place and want to post about it on Facebook or Twitter?
With a single click Go Places can let your friends know precise directions to the place.
If they have Go Places it will show them precisely how to get there.
But even if they don't, they'll be shown a web page with precise map location and place details!
NEVER GET LOST
Do you ever worry about finding your way back somewhere?
What happens when you are away on holidays, business trips, camping or maybe even hiking?
You could be on a bus tour and have to return to the bus later... when all the streets look the same!
Or you may have left someone in a crowd agreeing to meet back there later - how will you get back?
Maps are useless! Most times you can't find or read street signs and when overseas you don't even speak the language!
With Go Places you can't get lost, just save your starting point and you'll be able to get back without maps! - this does not need mobile signal or the internet!
This is a great tool that comes in very handy every day!
* Find popular places to go easily
* Find your way back anywhere
* Never lose your car
* Save your favourite fishing, camping and hiking spots
More from developer
Diese App zeigt dir den Speiseplan der Mensa an der Universität Saarbrücken bzw. Homburg.
- Speiseplan der aktuellen Woche
- Öffnungszeiten der Mensa Saarbrücken und Homburg
- Öffnungszeiten des Mensacafé Saarbrücken