Realtime CTA rail and CTA bus predictions directly from Chicago CTA (Chicago Transit Authority), serving the Chicago metropolitan area.
-Realtime Chicago CTA L predictions (Next Train) for every L train station in the Chicago region direct from CTA.
-Realtime Chicago CTA bus (Next Bus) predictions for every bus stop in the Chicago region direct from CTA.
-Location based L station finder to locate L stations nearby. Provides navigation.
-Location based bus stop finder to locate CTA bus stops nearby. Provides navigation.
-Mapping for Chicago L rail stations and Chicago bus stops.
-Save commonly used CTA L stations and stops into your Favorites list for easy access.
-Chicago Transit Trip Planner (new)
-In app purchase to go Ad-Free
-Set your preferred start page.
-Optional spoken text to speech on route predictions.
-Smartphone and tablet compatibility.
-More intelligent interface than Transit Tracks and Chicago Transit Tracker apps.
-And of course, FREE
-Best Chicago CTA / Chicago Bus based app in the market.
You must have network access to use these resources.
Sign up to become a beta tester and get access to new features before they're released: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112565087476147738147
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoTransitApp
Transit Tracks was designed to be simple-to-use and lightweight - no frills, no confusing menus.
- Bus and train times pulled straight from the CTA Bus Tracker and CTA Train Tracker.
- Bookmark stops you use often.
- Mapping feature finds all nearby bus and train stops.
Feedback (bugs, suggestions, etc.) is definitely appreciated!
If you enjoy the app please feel free to rate it, add a comment and tell your friends about it.
• Integrated Metra "Rail-Time Tracker" service.
• Automatic backups and restore of preferences.
• Intuitive method to favorite a route.
• See all the stops for a specific trip.
• Offline viewing of train schedules for present and future dates.
• Add favorite routes.
• Find nearby stations.
• View upcoming departures nearest to you.
• Get directions to stations from your current location.
• Search for stations and Metra rail lines.
• Pull to refresh the Metra service advisory alerts.
New features in v2.0+
The layout and structure of how content is relayed to you has drastically changed in this release. The home or "main" screen is now a user navigable screen that flows from the left to right and right to left just by swipe of your finger. You'll be presented with 4 different pages: Nearby, Upcoming, Lines and Favorites.
* Nearby - provides a list of all the stations nearby you. Simple right?
* Upcoming - uses the preferred Metra rail line that you've configured in your settings and any favorites saved to intuitively decide the best and most relevant departures from your nearest station.
* Lines - provides a list of all the Metra rail lines.
* Favorites - is the home to all your saved routes.
More on "Upcoming" screen...
* If you would like the Upcoming screen to use your favorites as well in order to determine the upcoming departures please check the checkbox "Filter upcoming departures" in the Settings screen.
With this update, I've made certain actions that were "hidden" in context menus of Ride Metra 1.x easier to get to in Ride Metra v2.x.
* You'll now be able to lookup schedules on different dates by clicking on the calendar icon in the action bar of the home screen.
* Clicking on the map icon next to the station names will take you over to your default Maps app.
* You can now favorite a route by simply pressing the star icon of a given route.
If you are experiencing issues please feel free to send me an email at email@example.com describing the issue and I'll try to have it resolved as soon as possible.
Metra Train Tracker does not get data unless somebody requests it. That means if you are the first person to request information from station A to station B, you will only see the latest 3 departures. As trains depart, the next 3 departures from station A will be retrieved, and the departed train will be updated with arrival information. Now, the next person who requests data from A to B will now see 4 trains - the departed train, and the next 3 departures.
Note: All train departure data is obtained through Metra's website. Arrival information is calculated from the departure times from the intermediate stations on the train's route. You may occasionally see unusual train schedules - this is an issue with Metra's data, not the application.
If you like Metra Train Tracker, consider supporting the developers with the paid version. Thanks!
keywords: Chicago Transit Authority, CTA, Chicago public Transportation
- Uses LIVE CTA Bus and Train data to give you instant arrival times.
- Add bus and train stops as favorites for quick access during your commute!
- Enter a stop number to see when a bus is coming!
- Full map view so you can see all the buses and stops nearby.
After using other CTA bus and train tracker apps, I decided to make a better app and make it FREE!
Uses the CTA Bus Tracker and CTA Train Tracker APIs to deliver up-to-the minute information.
Interested in testing new versions before they're released? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll add you to the Google+ Beta community!
Survey to help guide future development: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CGM576J
CTA tracker also includes the ability to download route schedules.
CTA tracker allows you to define alerts for CTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of CTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any CTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for CTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a CTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by CTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by CTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using CTA's buses and trains.
- On the share vehicle screen, enter your vehicle's number and tap the share button. This will let you send to a friend a message with a URL that will show them the progress of your vehicle in real time. The URL will open in CTA tracker if they have the app installed; it will open in any browser if they don't.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of CTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for CTA alerts.
This is not an official CTA app; I am not affiliated with CTA in any way.
- Track CTA bus and train arrival times
- Receive timely service alerts
- Share your experiences anonymously
- Receive customizable information like news, deals, and apartment listings along your route
Do you use the same bus or train every morning in your commute? This app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Transit Tracker Chicago lets you:
- Choose from a list of routes and stops to see arrival times
- Save your favorite or most used stops for easy access
- See relevant service alerts for all bus and train routes
- View stops and routes on a map for quick reference
- See all stops near to you on a map or in list form
- Tap anywhere on the map (or type an address) to see stops near to that location
- See all recently viewed stops
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Transit Tracker: Chicago features a sleek design using the Google Cards UI and does not have any in-app advertisements.
"I'm glad someone finally wrote a CTA app that looks good and works like a charm." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
"This is the best app that I have used to navigate the CTA yet. Well done." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
LIVE data in select cities:
** LIVE Seattle Bus Times **
** LIVE NJ Bus Schedule **
** LIVE cta Chicago bus times**
** LIVE Boston Metro north locations **
** LIVE Los Angeles Bus Schedules **
** LIVE San Francisco muni Bus Schedules **
** LIVE D.C. Metro and D.C Bus Schedules **
** LIVE ttc Toronto bus timetables **
Operating in over 60 regions worldwide:
Albany, NY (CDTA schedules)
Albuquerque, NM (ABQ RIDE schedules)
Austin, TX (Capital Metro, MetroRail)
Boston, MA (MBTA schedules, Massport) *(LIVE)*
Brockton, MA (BAT)
Chicago, IL (CTA, Metra, Pace) *(LIVE)*
O'Hare & Midway Red Line Blue Line
Cleveland, OH (RTA, The Rapid schedules, Healthline)
Corona, CA (Metrolink Schedules)
Dallas. TX (DART, TRE)
Denver, CO (RTD)
Flagstaff, AZ (Mountain Line),
Fort Wayne, IN (Citilink)
Framingham, MA (CATA)
Gloucester, MA (CATA)
Green Bay, WI (Green Bay Metro)
Hampton Roads, VA (HRTA)
Honolulu, HI (TheBus)
Houston, TX (METRORail, METRO Bus)
Island County, WA (Mukilteo-Clintons, Island Transit)
Las Vegas, NV (RTC Transit)
Lehigh and Northampton, PA (Mountaintop)
Lexington, KY (Lextran schedules)
Los Angeles & Santa Ana, CA *(LIVE)*
- (Metro schedules, Metrolink scheules, RTA, OCTA, Burbank Bus timetables, Torrance Transit schedules)
Louisville, KY (TARC)
Lowell, MA (LRTA, Lowell Line)
Madison, WI (Madison Metro)
Martha's Vineyard, MA (VTA)
Maryland & Washington D.C. *(LIVE)*
- (Metro timetables, DC Circulator, Arlington Transit, Ride On, Fairfax Connector, MdTA)
Miami, FL (Miami metrobus,metrorail,metromover,Miami-Dade Transit)
Milwaukee, WI (MCTS schedules)
New York, NY *(LIVE)*
- (NYC Subway schedules,MTA Buses, NJ Transit,Long Island Rail Road,Metro-North
Railroad schedules, PATH, NICE, Staten Island Ferry)
Palm Bay, FL (SCAT)
Philadelphia, PA (SEPTA, NJ Transit,PATCO)
Portland, OR (TriMet)
Redding, PA (BARTA)
Sacramento, CA (Sacramento Regional Transit)
Salem, MA (MBTA)
Salt Lake City, UT (UTA schedules,Frontrunner)
San Antonio, TX (VIA)
San Diego, CA (MTS, NCTD)
San Francisco Bay, CA *(LIVE)*
- (MUNI, BART, AC Transit, VTA, samTrans,Caltrain,Golden Gate Transit,County Connection)
Santa Rosa, CA (CityBus)
Seattle, WA *(LIVE)* (Metro Transit,Sound Transit,City of Seattle,Pierce Transit)
Springfield, IL (SMTD)
Tampa / St Petersburg, FL (HART, TBARTA, TECO Line, PSTA)
Victorville, CA (VVTA)
Wilmington, NC (Wave Transit schedules)
Adelaide (Adelaide Metro)
Halifax (Metro Transit)
Ottawa (OC Transpo, Transitway)
- (TTC schedules, GO Transit, YRT, Brampton Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, Grand River Transit, Guelph Transit)
Vancouver (TransLink, BC Rapid Transit Company, West Coast Express, False Creek Ferries)
Winnipeg (Winnipeg Transit)
Budapest (BKK menetrendek)
Torino (GTT orari)
Szczecin (ZDiTM rozkłady jazdy)
Łódź (MPK rozkłady jazdy)
Berlin (BVG Fahrplan, vBB Fahrplan)
Estonia (TAK sõiduplaanid, TTTK sõiduplaanid, Elron, Elektriraudtee)
Feedback: How can we make your experience better?
Contact Information: email@example.com
StopanGo gives no warranty as to the validity of routes or schedules. They are subject to change and this is beyond stopango’s control. User assumes all risks of use, and StopanGo assumes no responsibility for any delays or losses resulting from such use.
Using GPS consumes battery life at a faster rate.
stopango transport schedule trip where bus mobile departures
Whether you live in Chicago or are just visiting, this is the app to help you master the L.
With Chicago Train Track, you can quickly and easily look up train stations and when the next trains are arriving there. Fully supports every stop on the Red Line, Blue Line, Brown Line, Green Line, Orange Line, Purple Line (and Express), Pink Line, and Yellow Line. That's all the lines!
Add a stop to your favorites, so you can see when the next train is getting there right on the app's home screen. At-a-glance info gives you maximum convenience. You can have as many favorites as you want.
This app is not affiliated with the CTA in any way. The CTA provides the data via its Train Tracker API.
More from developer
This isn't just a bus or train tracker - with support for all major transit systems in Chicago (CTA, Pace, Metra, and South Shore Line) and more features than any other Chicago transit app, this powerful yet easy-to-use app will revolutionize your commute and simplify your life!
Please try the free version first to get a small taste of what this app can do.
† Apps4MetroChicago app contest finalist (Transportation round).
========== Key Features ==========
■ Vehicle arrival predictions ■
→ Real-time predictions for CTA buses
→ Real-time predictions for CTA trains
→ Real-time predictions for Pace buses
→ Real-time predictions for Metra trains
→ Scheduled predictions for South Shore Line
→ Watch predictions in the notification area
→ Set a destination - get estimated trip time
→ Home screen widget for predictions
→ Lock screen widget for predictions
■ Save frequently used stops ■
→ Organize saved stops with labels
→ Reorder, edit, and delete favorites easily
→ Auto + manual backups of all of your data
■ Alerts ■
→ Alerts for when to catch your ride
→ Alerts for when to get off at your stop
→ Pick the ringtone to play for these alerts
■ Nearby Stops ■
→ Find stops within up to a ½ mile radius
→ View routes + directions at those stops
→ Get predictions at any nearby stop
■ Powerful mapping features ■
→ Plot any saved stop on a map
→ Find + plot bus stops anywhere in the city
→ View predictions right on the map
→ View vehicle locations + travel directions
→ View full route paths
→ Quick access to system maps
■ Trip planning features ■
→ Step-by-step directions via public transit
→ Save most used queries for faster planning
■ Even more features ■
- Favorite Routes filtering
→ Service alerts that may affect your trip
→ Import your data from free version
→ Data caching: fast loading + offline use
→ Built-in error and bug-reporting
→ Dedicated customer support - just email!
========== Additional Info ==========
This app is still under HEAVY, ACTIVE development!
Many more features still to come, with major updates every month or two!
Please email with suggestions, ideas, and feature requests!
Please see website for:
• Complete user guide / help pages
• Transit system limitations
• Detailed FAQs
• Permissions explanations
========== DISCLAIMER ==========
This app uses Google Analytics for gathering ANONYMOUS app-usage statistics.